Top D3 coach POLL VOTE AWAY!!! Topic

Killbatman...another name that would have been in the running for #1 overall if he still had a D3 team.  Too bad he retired.  He was a great one!
6/30/2015 3:26 AM
okay just saw this

no idea on overall coaching records etc.

know some of the names as they play multiple leagues

just a few thoughts - one the regular season for us means almost nothing
it helps with seeding but the best teams should win regardless of where they are and who they play

the tournament is the only thing that matters at least for us
we try and play the toughest schedule every season and in every world sometimes starting 3-5 frosh to give them experience etc.

the only problem we have is one thread said we get beat by 20 plus 2 of the 4 years we rarely lose like this and Definitely not in the trny
we almost always qualify but obviously need to be much better in some worlds

gl to all , some of you play other games on this site so we meet there as well
I still have a ton to learn in this game and the Dicks just do there best

we will gladly take an 18-10 team to trny if we can get deep
6/30/2015 11:05 AM
mfnmyers, 2 comments on your post.  
1. I don't remember anyone saying you get beat by 20  2 of the 4 years, but that is how your team is built.  But just looking at your Crum resume, you've obviously had some amazing runs, but in the last 4 seasons you've gotten out of the 2nd round once, and one of those seasons you didnt even make the tournament.  That's not dominant.
2. You said you always try to schedule the toughest even when starting a lot of underclassmen because it's all about the tournament.  Well, that's part of your problem.  If you schedule too hard, you don't get a god seed because you'll lose to many games and that hurts you for the tournament.  We all agree that the point of the regular season is to set you up for the NT, but there is still a way to do that not just getting through it by playing the toughest teams possible.
6/30/2015 1:43 PM
regular season success is only a factor if post season results don't speak for themselves. its possible to have good teams and get **** rolls in the NT, and people deserve credit for that, but if you have the NT success post season is pretty much negligible. 
6/30/2015 4:39 PM
Since it looks like jsa is running away with this, when do we start voting for best DII coach?
6/30/2015 10:04 PM
Posted by dan2044 on 6/30/2015 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Since it looks like jsa is running away with this, when do we start voting for best DII coach?
I'm in the process of gathering some stats for the D2 pre-poll nomination thread to give some starting basic info, should be by tomorrow I have it up.
7/1/2015 12:30 AM
Pep waves, you are correct, I used hyperbole just to get a reaction and spur discussion. I was just yanking chains.
7/1/2015 2:11 AM
Haha well consider my chain yanked. ;)
7/1/2015 2:43 AM
Are any of these great coaches looking to mentor a mildly successful coach? 
7/1/2015 10:06 AM
I am not going to break down all the rounds
but my response was to jasaja saying 2 of 4 years we are an easy blowout
we have some teams that have years with little or no seniors as we took all Dickinson teams that may have had terrible rosters/setups
we have made trny almost every year in our 211 seasons we have 10 titles which needs to be much better

we are 301-160 in the nat trny which is 65 percent

I like thread and all responses even if negative it has motivated the
Red Devils to try and get much better we were on vacation and I didn't even realize rupp was recr

gl to all maybe rather than a league of these coaches just start now and for a calendar year see what each coach does

speaking again for us - I feel there is still plenty to learn and I personally like the gridiron football better

gl again looking forward to playing jasaja and all the other fellas whom are very good at this
7/1/2015 1:50 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 7/1/2015 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Are any of these great coaches looking to mentor a mildly successful coach? 
For a michigan guy?  No.

seriously, I'm sure if you site mailed guys they'd be happy to help.  I would help, but I can't imagine I can tell you much more than you know already and I'm not sure I qualify!
7/1/2015 4:21 PM
jsajsa has been on a roll recently a NC in Naismith, Wooden, and Crum. Yes jsajsa is currently the defending NC in every world he is in.

mfnmyers won a NC in Smith and Knight as well as currently going NC loss, NC, NC loss in Allen, while being a great team wiht no seniors this season.

tarvolon is down to 2 D3 teams, Dallas is in the PI after 3 straight Elite 8 seasons. And Maryville has won 2 recent NC in crum

pepwaves has gotten to the Elite 8 back to back in Naismith, and one of his new teams in Phelan is currently, S16-F4-S16-S16-S16, as well as dropping wooden and picking up tark.

dgravs has been a bit quiet and is down to 2 D3 teams, leaving his best program in Smith for Gonzaga. La grange is wooden reached the final four 3 seasons ago and Letournea has gone S16-E8 (31-1 and 31-2) and is going to make a deep run again this season, but has been excelling at D2.

jdno continues to probably be the most unlucky D3 NC game coach with so mny elite teams and so many top finishes but not getting the NC quite as often as those above him, but he can console himself by playing himself in the D1 Rupp NC game.
3/16/2016 11:39 AM
Nice update, 0nly. I feel like I've been in a bit of a rut lately with my D3 teams. I've had some very talented squads (particularly in Naismith) that have underachieved greatly. I'm currently evaluating my strategy and might try some new things with the hopes of getting back into the championship regularly.

All that said, jsajsa is without a doubt the best D3 coach these days.
3/16/2016 12:38 PM
Looks like bumping this thread got me under 50%.

By the way, I should tie the consecutive DIII top 10 RPI record this season in Naismith as well. You all can continue discussing 2nd place now. :)
3/16/2016 12:53 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 3/16/2016 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Looks like bumping this thread got me under 50%.

By the way, I should tie the consecutive DIII top 10 RPI record this season in Naismith as well. You all can continue discussing 2nd place now. :)
so humble

love it
3/16/2016 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Top D3 coach POLL VOTE AWAY!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.