"Best" D3 Players thread Topic

yeah, that might be the best option. Like I said, I think Hendricks, Mericle, Erving, and Crowley are definites. It's just between Hopper, Isabel, and Hick for the last spot in the starting five. In practice, it probably would depend on the opponent. Hopper is the weakest link defensively, but he's the best shooter and the best passer. There are definitely opponents against which I'd make that trade, and others against which I wouldn't.
3/24/2016 6:09 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 3/24/2016 6:09:00 PM (view original):
yeah, that might be the best option. Like I said, I think Hendricks, Mericle, Erving, and Crowley are definites. It's just between Hopper, Isabel, and Hick for the last spot in the starting five. In practice, it probably would depend on the opponent. Hopper is the weakest link defensively, but he's the best shooter and the best passer. There are definitely opponents against which I'd make that trade, and others against which I wouldn't.
Against my lineup I feel Hicks would have me more worried. Against qb4usf it would be interesting though especially since both all his sg/sf are 90+ def would you move Hopper to PG although I'm assuming q is running a fastbreak and would target Hopper for FTA

I went with my best ath/spd/def lineup which happened to have 1 elite per shooter and 1 good per shooter, I have 1 other elite per shooter but he is 52 ath and 45 defense, so I felt Henley-Smith-Copher was the best bet.

What type of player would you try to spring Hopper into the lineup? A high scoring guard who is weak defensively and assume Hopper can outscore them?
3/24/2016 6:17 PM (edited)
You guys are missing the highest-rated D-3 player ever - Chad Brown. His ratings:

OVERALL: 844
ATH 76
SPD 72
REB 26
DEF 80
BLK 8
LP 76
PER 99
BH 82
PAS 75
WE 87
STA 92
DUR 71
FT C+

Of the guys I've seen in this thread, I think you could make a case for Hendricks (tarvolon) or Hernandez (pepwaves) over him, depending on what attributes you value most. But, since they're all pretty close, I'm going to be a homer and give the edge to my guy Brown (and his back-to-back-to-back titles).
3/24/2016 6:50 PM
Posted by mrg1037 on 3/24/2016 6:50:00 PM (view original):
You guys are missing the highest-rated D-3 player ever - Chad Brown. His ratings:

ATH 76
SPD 72
REB 26
DEF 80
BLK 8
LP 76
PER 99
BH 82
PAS 75
WE 87
STA 92
DUR 71
FT C+

Of the guys I've seen in this thread, I think you could make a case for Hendricks (tarvolon) or Hernandez (pepwaves) over him, depending on what attributes you value most. But, since they're all pretty close, I'm going to be a homer and give the edge to my guy Brown (and his back-to-back-to-back titles).
I think Henricks Brown and Brauer are locks

3rd guard is either Hernandez or Hick if you want more offense and high lp/per, I'd go with Hernandez
PF either Marbury from qb4usf or Bryan from pepwaves, personally I'd lean towards Bryan

So Hernandez, Hendricks, Brown, Bryan, and Brauer right now is what the all-time lineup is.
3/24/2016 7:15 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/24/2016 6:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarvolon on 3/24/2016 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Against my lineup I feel Hicks would have me more worried. Against qb4usf it would be interesting though especially since both all his sg/sf are 90+ def would you move Hopper to PG although I'm assuming q is running a fastbreak and would target Hopper for FTA

I went with my best ath/spd/def lineup which happened to have 1 elite per shooter and 1 good per shooter, I have 1 other elite per shooter but he is 52 ath and 45 defense, so I felt Henley-Smith-Copher was the best bet.

What type of player would you try to spring Hopper into the lineup? A high scoring guard who is weak defensively and assume Hopper can outscore them?
As I said earlier, I'd definitely be much more inclined to play Hopper if I were running the flex, because it values PER and passing, and he's elite in both areas. But against what kind of team? I'd choose Hopper if both of the following are true:

(1) The opposing team doesn't foul much (if they did, I'd take Isabel over Hopper, for his ability to get to the line and get the opponent in foul trouble)
(2) The opposing PG isn't much of a scorer (if he was, I'd either take Isabel for his defense or shift Hendricks to PG for his defense)

If I'm playing another all-star team, then if the opposing PG isn't a big scorer, he's probably great at guard skills and defense. But that plays into my hand, because playing Hopper against their great defender means that he isn't defending Hendricks, who is my prime scorer. And Hopper's 90 passing is going to make the rest of the lineup (Hendricks, in particular) more effective.

In short, I play Hopper when I want to prioritize passing over defense and foul-drawing. Even though he doesn't have all-star caliber speed and defense, his elite perimeter and passing makes can make him useful depending on the matchup.
3/24/2016 7:16 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/24/2016 7:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mrg1037 on 3/24/2016 6:50:00 PM (view original):

ATH 76
SPD 72
REB 26
DEF 80
BLK 8
LP 76
PER 99
BH 82
PAS 75
WE 87
STA 92
DUR 71
FT C+

I think Henricks Brown and Brauer are locks

3rd guard is either Hernandez or Hick if you want more offense and high lp/per, I'd go with Hernandez
PF either Marbury from qb4usf or Bryan from pepwaves, personally I'd lean towards Bryan

So Hernandez, Hendricks, Brown, Bryan, and Brauer right now is what the all-time lineup is.
That's a damn fine lineup. I don't think I can advocate for a 2nd of my players to beat out any of the other four. But if you want an all-time lineup sixth man, I think Mericle's versatility makes him a tantalizing choice. Don't see many D3 players who can play PG without sacrificing guard skills and SF without sacrificing rebounding.
3/24/2016 7:19 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?&pid=3127957

Not a C. He was a small forward who I moved in the final season. Overall he is what I would call complete, don't know if I've had a guy hit the mark in most categories like this.
3/24/2016 7:19 PM
Although I am waiting for jsajsa to come in here and point out one of his guys that we really need to stop forgetting
3/24/2016 7:26 PM
Pos Name Coach Ath Spd Reb Def Blk LP Per BH P WE ST Dur FT OVR
PG Sergio Hernandez Pepwaves 83 87 9 77 5 47 87 82 82 76 91 86 B 812
SG Scott Hendricks Tarvolon 66 99 2 80 20 26 99 71 82 74 83 68 C+ 770
SF Chad Brown Mrg1037 76 72 26 80 8 76 99 82 75 87 92 71 C+ 844
PF Spencer Bryan Pepwaves 84 43 70 99 60 96 1 13 3 62 89 79 B- 699
C Gerald Brauer QB4USF 72 32 95 81 76 99 19 25 10 82 95 80 B- 766
AVERAGES 76 67 40 83 34 69 61 55 50 76 90 77 B- 778

3/24/2016 8:50 PM (edited)
damn look at the stamina on the team! anyone of those guys is capable of 20+ in a night.

What would be run for that team? Motion/Press?

I think FB is out of the question assuming we were playing super teams.
3/24/2016 9:05 PM
That team would easily win a D2 championship. Wow. Assuming the rest of the team wasn't too bad, press likely would be the best set to run. Amazing ATH/SPD/DEF/ST.
3/24/2016 9:40 PM
I mean it's better than my solid non major D1 schools it'd could get to the 2nd round of the D1 NT I bet, heck if the bench is good I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the S16 if they got a good seed.
3/24/2016 9:45 PM
A few comments:

mrg- How could I forget about Chad Brown? Awesome player. Unlike Hernandez for my team, he was able to lead Martin Luther to three consecutive championships. Very jealous of that.

qb4usf: Brauer...holy efficiency batman! I've never seen stats like that for a big man. 30.9ppg, 10.2rpg, 1.4spg, 2.2bpg and only 2.6 turnovers/game at only 24 mpg. Insane. What was his distro set at? It's always seems so hard to get a big man to score like that without a major hit to efficiency (like with Zeyer earlier in this thread). What was your SOS during his senior year?
3/24/2016 9:51 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/24/2016 9:45:00 PM (view original):
I mean it's better than my solid non major D1 schools it'd could get to the 2nd round of the D1 NT I bet, heck if the bench is good I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the S16 if they got a good seed.
Ha very true. After posting, I realized the same thing. That team truly could compete with any non-Big 6 school in D1.
3/24/2016 9:52 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
"Best" D3 Players thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.