$52 Million LV Draft Commentary Topic

My team is going to suck.
8/18/2016 7:46 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 8/18/2016 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Really thought Ewing or Kemp would fall to me. Dang......fortunately, I've allotted myself a number of good backup plans. I wonder if anyone would've let me trade up......
I was counting on 1 of these guys falling to me. Just missed. I should've taken Donyell instead of Klay. I had a pretty sweet team with mapped out with him. But I talked myself into something different and I suck for it. If used him a lot with much success. Several of my titles and near titles came with him on my squad...(other leagues)
8/18/2016 8:03 PM
Posted by milest on 8/18/2016 7:46:00 PM (view original):
My team is going to suck.
Don't worry mine will too XD
8/18/2016 8:36 PM
Posted by dh555 on 8/18/2016 5:40:00 PM (view original):
wow..just saw jh's team...that is awesome...cant say ive ever seen that trio in a draft league before

i think(depending on who hes able to get as his guards) we might see him shoot so well that he actually has a positive rebounding advantage due to the fact that his opponents wont have any rebounds to collect haha

i wonder of his offense will be as good as my mchale team that won it all...we were over 60%efg for the season and damn near 70% in the playoffs...didnt think id ever see that teams offense be topped, but jh certainly has the frontcourt to do it
Yeah but...I guess we'll find out how useful defensive positioning is.
8/18/2016 8:57 PM
I really like Pennsylvania's trio.
I don't think I've ever seen so few minutes three picks in as jkaye has at this point.
Porter's stock has risen by a round in recent seasons.
ysw must be playing the long game in this draft. Two positions filled after the first three rounds. I wonder if Gobert's stock drops over the next few seasons.
milest's team so far is like the Bizarro world version of jh's team. Those teams are going to have a hoot playing each other.
Mutombo seems like a moderate steal in the third (I'm pretty sure he used to go in the first, years ago). But next to Russell?
8/19/2016 9:53 AM (edited)
Posted by longtallbrad on 8/18/2016 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 8/18/2016 5:40:00 PM (view original):
wow..just saw jh's team...that is awesome...cant say ive ever seen that trio in a draft league before

i think(depending on who hes able to get as his guards) we might see him shoot so well that he actually has a positive rebounding advantage due to the fact that his opponents wont have any rebounds to collect haha

i wonder of his offense will be as good as my mchale team that won it all...we were over 60%efg for the season and damn near 70% in the playoffs...didnt think id ever see that teams offense be topped, but jh certainly has the frontcourt to do it
Yeah but...I guess we'll find out how useful defensive positioning is.
-3!

Don't worry everybody. I'll screw it up in an epic fashion I'm sure.
8/18/2016 9:20 PM
Actually the problem that I see with jh's team is the defensive rebounding. Really good offensive rebounding team's will get extra shots against that team. Waiting until the 4th round to draft a guard can prove to be a bad thing as I learned a few seasons back.

I'm not in love with Penn's team. Frazier isn't a great of a wing man IMO in that he isn't a 4 usage point player. But's Penn's profound understanding of drafting high EFG% players defies logic. Genuises are so sadly so often misunderstood.Ha Ha!
8/18/2016 9:43 PM
Frazier can be a 4 usage point guy. It depends on the season you use. He can get to the line a fair amount, too.
8/18/2016 9:56 PM
I do like Penn's team. Well thought out. Frazier and LeBron are great compliments.

Very few point guards have gone to this point, so this might be the perfect draft for jh's team.

8/18/2016 11:22 PM
completely different, hypothetical thought: is there any value to drafting more than 400 3's? say you feel like you'll have enough 3's with one player that doesn't shoot any. you could instead draft a player who shoots 3's, and is practically identical. could the eFG% of the player who shoots 3's shoot up if the other four guys mostly take shots in the paint?
8/18/2016 11:24 PM
go ahead and draft all your attempts in one shooting zone, please - jk - I think you want to have enough attempt distro across zones that using the defensive zone setting is not a clear option for your opponent
8/18/2016 11:47 PM
bandit's still holding up after 4 picks. Needs passing and usage, but all legit picks.
8/19/2016 11:15 AM
I think I have the board screwed up because of trade between milest and uptown that I missed?
8/19/2016 12:05 PM
man! i really wanted Lucas. oh well......i'm loving this core.

8/19/2016 12:43 PM
Posted by copernicus on 8/19/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I think I have the board screwed up because of trade between milest and uptown that I missed?
Yeah
8/19/2016 1:09 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
$52 Million LV Draft Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.