8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Do you understand that not checking in to a world for over 14 days constitutes an abandonment, and you can lose your team?
During season time, yes. During off season when y team has already been reserved and I am waiting for the world to roll, no.
Why did WifS remove you?
Because you put the idea into the Commish's head.
But why did WifS remove you? They hate to remove owners from worlds. No matter what I did, no matter what the commish did, WifS has final say. If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?
Did this stump you?

If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?

This is a teaching/learning moment for anyone paying attention.
Hahaha! No. The reason that I was removed is because YOU initiated it. If you had not told the Commish to remove me, would WifS have removed me? Of course, they would not have. You busied yourself in a world (Doubleday) that you know nothing about and caused this drama. The simple fact is, if my team was left in my hands the world would be active now. It was not left in my hands, and the world is still not rolling.
Incorrect. I can't remove you. The commish can't remove. Only WifS can un-reserve an owner. Why did WifS remove you if you did nothing wrong?

Seriously, with just a little effort, you can learn from this.
11/17/2016 9:29 AM
And, FWIW, I didn't start this thread. No drama caused by me.
11/17/2016 9:30 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:16:00 AM (view original):
I have sent a site mail to the owner of the team and asked for it back.

I refuse to go around in circles anymore.

I did not access my team for 14 days and, despite reserving the team and the world still not rolling, this is apparently wrong. All hail the forum Gods.
I would have done this first, then if they said 'No' then I would have started this thread.
11/17/2016 9:41 AM
I'd have checked my team every 3-4 days so the commish would know I didn't die or something.
11/17/2016 9:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Do you understand that not checking in to a world for over 14 days constitutes an abandonment, and you can lose your team?
During season time, yes. During off season when y team has already been reserved and I am waiting for the world to roll, no.
Why did WifS remove you?
Because you put the idea into the Commish's head.
But why did WifS remove you? They hate to remove owners from worlds. No matter what I did, no matter what the commish did, WifS has final say. If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?
Did this stump you?

If you did nothing wrong, why did WifS remove you?

This is a teaching/learning moment for anyone paying attention.
Hahaha! No. The reason that I was removed is because YOU initiated it. If you had not told the Commish to remove me, would WifS have removed me? Of course, they would not have. You busied yourself in a world (Doubleday) that you know nothing about and caused this drama. The simple fact is, if my team was left in my hands the world would be active now. It was not left in my hands, and the world is still not rolling.
Incorrect. I can't remove you. The commish can't remove. Only WifS can un-reserve an owner. Why did WifS remove you if you did nothing wrong?

Seriously, with just a little effort, you can learn from this.
They key here is "un-reserve" and that is the entire point of all of this. I should never have been unreserved. You told the Commish, oh look rnce hasn't logged in since x. That then led to me being unreserved.

Basically, what you are trying to say that I need to learn is to login to a website every day, despite the fact that the site sends out a notification when it is time to play again. The lesson I would be learning completely contradicts the point of the notification.

If you can give me one reason, other than a sarcastic "you would still have your team now", why I should have been logging in every day just to confirm something that I already knew (that the world hadn' rolled) - I'll back down. But the fact is, you cannot.

You could learn from this. In England there is a saying; "you can't be wrong and strong." Put your hand up and say, "we ****** up removing you, sorry lad." Instead, you're trying to use technicalities like the "14-day rule", which I have said I have interpreted as meaning during a season. Try and bash home your argument all you want, but you cannot sit there and say that if this was happening to you, you would just accept it. You wouldn't.
11/17/2016 9:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:43:00 AM (view original):
I'd have checked my team every 3-4 days so the commish would know I didn't die or something.
Well, I don't think that way. Instead, I wait for a notification that is in place to notify me that the game is ready for me.
11/17/2016 9:45 AM
No, I'm actually saying I can't remove you from the world. The commish can't remove you from the world. Only WifS can do that. They did.

If you did nothing wrong, and know that WifS HATES to remove owners, why did they remove you?
11/17/2016 9:46 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 11/17/2016 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:16:00 AM (view original):
I have sent a site mail to the owner of the team and asked for it back.

I refuse to go around in circles anymore.

I did not access my team for 14 days and, despite reserving the team and the world still not rolling, this is apparently wrong. All hail the forum Gods.
I would have done this first, then if they said 'No' then I would have started this thread.
Yup. I see that now. But I was a wee bit angry,
11/17/2016 9:46 AM
As for why I'd check in on occasion, it would be so busybodies won't notify WifS of my prolonged absence. Then WifS wouldn't remove me under the guidelines of the site.
11/17/2016 9:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:46:00 AM (view original):
No, I'm actually saying I can't remove you from the world. The commish can't remove you from the world. Only WifS can do that. They did.

If you did nothing wrong, and know that WifS HATES to remove owners, why did they remove you?
Can you clarify what you mean? I see it like this

What normally happens: I reserve my team > my team remains reserved until the season rolls.

What has happened here: I reserve team > you message commish saying I haven't logged in > Commish sends ticket about my inactive time > WisF removes me

Is that wrong?
11/17/2016 9:48 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 9:46:00 AM (view original):

Can you clarify what you mean? I see it like this

What normally happens: I reserve my team > my team remains reserved until the season rolls.

What has happened here: I reserve team > you message commish saying I haven't logged in > Commish sends ticket about my inactive time > WisF removes me

Is that wrong?
Yes, I can clarify if I've not been clear enough.

The world was down to one opening. The hopes was that it would fill shortly. I looked at the standings to see if owners were checking in. You hadn't checked in for 23 days. I notified the commish in case he hadn't noticed. I commish two worlds and I routinely check to make sure owners are logging in. Dead teams are troublesome for worlds. I suggested a back-up plan in case you had left the site. I also suggested he notify WifS so they wouldn't fight him if/when he asked them to remove you for absenteeism. He notified WifS. Per the site guidelines, WifS chose to remove you immediately.

While my worlds roll quickly, I've been in worlds that do not. There have been instances where owners simply gave WifS up while waiting. The world would eventually roll, they absentee owners would be replaced but the new owner missed budgeting, arb, FA resign, coach resign, the start of free agency and the start of coach hiring. It creates a problem for the replacement owner and, somewhat, the world(depending on the state of the team).

Now, let me ask you, if the new owner and the commish agree to your request, will you periodically check in next season even if there are several openings?
11/17/2016 9:57 AM
Yes. So, the normal scenario of: I reserve my team > my team remains reserved until the season rolls - was superseded here by you highlighting my "absence" to the commish which, in turn, led to WisF removing me. If you had said nothing, I would not have been removed. I understand that you have had bad experiences in the past and that is why you initiated the conversation, but I think that a little more consideration should be given to such a loyal owner and the immediate assumption shouldn't be that I have died or abandoned a team that I have had for 30+ seasons.

I think I have made it very clear that I am committed to the team and now that I know the 14-day rule stays in effect even when nothing is happening for sustained periods of time, I will, of course, check in to ensure that my team remains just that - my team.

11/17/2016 10:37 AM
See? We both learned something. You learned that you need to have a passing interest in the world even when it's not filled. And I'm pretty sure I learned you're English.

FWIW, I understand your position. You didn't understand that you could be removed awaiting rollover for being absent. You've had a team since Day 1 of the world and you feel it's unfair that anyone could take it from you.

I hope I've made my position clear. One owner is not more important than 30.

Here's where I have an issue. You were removed. You asked for your team back. Your request was granted. You knew the world was waiting for you. You couldn't take 30 seconds to re-up over the course of three days. I'm assuming it was because you were on vacation/busy upon return. So you waited to check in when it was convenient to you. We have a word for that in the colonies: Selfish.
11/17/2016 10:45 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 10:45:00 AM (view original):
See? We both learned something. You learned that you need to have a passing interest in the world even when it's not filled. And I'm pretty sure I learned you're English.

FWIW, I understand your position. You didn't understand that you could be removed awaiting rollover for being absent. You've had a team since Day 1 of the world and you feel it's unfair that anyone could take it from you.

I hope I've made my position clear. One owner is not more important than 30.

Here's where I have an issue. You were removed. You asked for your team back. Your request was granted. You knew the world was waiting for you. You couldn't take 30 seconds to re-up over the course of three days. I'm assuming it was because you were on vacation/busy upon return. So you waited to check in when it was convenient to you. We have a word for that in the colonies: Selfish.
You talk about me not learning from mistakes, yet you're still absolving yourself of all blame. You are infuriating. I have learned that a 14-day rule pointlessly counts for rolling time despite a team being reserved. There was nothing else for me to learn but a minor technicality in an internet game. You could learn more than the fact that I am English. I have at no point said I am more important than 31 other owners and I have at no point intended to be "selfish" as you say from those mildly xenophobic waters that you approached there. That is you, again, making assumptions - just like the assumptions that you made when you highlighted my "absence". Learn not to look at things so negatively all of the time.

Constantly your posts above were riddled with arrogance. I think I said "big swinging forum d**k" up there somewhere. Your posts stink of perceived superiority. Because you post in this forum all of the time you clearly feel like it is your territory and you rule the roost here. Your use of childish one liners - "Sounds like we moved on." - "Sounds like it's not your team anymore" - and then other frequent posters wading in as well to back you with equally childish behaviour. How can you suggest that I think that I am more important than others when carry yourself like that in here?

If anyone in the league found my behaviour to be selfish, I apologise. My only defence is my busy life - and despite my business growing in the 8.5 years I have been playing, I have always found time for this game as I enjoy it immensely. I already apologised for bringing this to the forum before sending a site mail to the current owner first. That was, with hindsight, wrong of me.

I wish I could be so blindly happy with my behaviour as you are when I am so in the wrong.
11/17/2016 11:27 AM
For clarity, I will be in a German lesson for the next 5 hours and will not be able to check if the owner has accepted/declined my request.
11/17/2016 11:34 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.