Four Way Battle Topic

Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
And according you and your all knowing HD powers what are you supposed to do since you have all this HD knowledge and love lecturing people about how they aren't playing the game right.

So if you cant go all in on your first option because according to you thats bad, and your 2-10th options are all taken and the 11th option is a 70 year old in a wheel chair do you just call it quits take the walkon and hope you get lucky next season?
Wow, I can see that you have a real in-depth knowledge of the game.
2/28/2017 1:58 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 2/28/2017 12:36:00 PM (view original):
I think everyone understands that there is a chance they can lose, the problem is that it is near impossible to give yourself a chance to win, and not be screwed when you lose.
I don't think that's true at all....I went 1-3 in battles this period. I signed one player more with little effort and am now looking for a cheap 6th wing. It can be done, there are D1 players out there left.
2/28/2017 1:59 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/28/2017 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
And according you and your all knowing HD powers what are you supposed to do since you have all this HD knowledge and love lecturing people about how they aren't playing the game right.

So if you cant go all in on your first option because according to you thats bad, and your 2-10th options are all taken and the 11th option is a 70 year old in a wheel chair do you just call it quits take the walkon and hope you get lucky next season?
Wow, I can see that you have a real in-depth knowledge of the game.
If it wasn't obvious it was pretty sarcastic and exaggerated.
2/28/2017 2:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2017 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Nah your just telling people no matter what they do they are doing it wrong, without giving advice other that whatever you did you did it wrong

Lose 1st option putting everything in max preferences 74-26, MikeT "Wrong"

Lose 1st option and then your 5th option, MikeT "Wrong"

Give up and try to just sign 3rd and 4th options lose both VH-H, MikeT "Wrong"

Win battle 32-68 and sign 2 more guys like that. MikeT "Wow you really know how to play the game"

Adult Education Classes. Take one on reading comprehension. It will work wonders.
Aren't you the one complaining about threads being derailed and going off topic? Yet here you are bringing nothing to the table but an off topic insult.

Hypocrite much?

Not to mention you are so focused on picking fights, you called out TJ for posting his most recent battle result saying he wouldn't have posted it if he had won the battle. TJ a pretty good rational supporter of 3.0 bringing more evidence to the table without pushing anything just posting results of a 4 way battle and you immediately go on saying he wouldn't post it if he had won
2/28/2017 2:07 PM (edited)
Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/28/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 2/28/2017 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/28/2017 1:18:00 PM (view original):
A while back when Powerball got to $1B, some girl spent ALL her $$ on Powerball tickets. When she didn't win, she posted a GoFundMe because she couldn't pay rent or buy food, and blamed it on not winning Powerball.

There is no GoFundMe in HD; only next season.
Bad comparison. It is not the same problem.
Since you did not understand the first one, I will try a second one: Everyone has choices; they are not free from the consequences of those choices.

If you want a safety net, play Madden on rookie (there is a 3rd one).
Still a bad comparison. If you compare HD to powerball, you are saying luck has a big part to play in this game...
2/28/2017 2:15 PM
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/28/2017 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Nah your just telling people no matter what they do they are doing it wrong, without giving advice other that whatever you did you did it wrong

Lose 1st option putting everything in max preferences 74-26, MikeT "Wrong"

Lose 1st option and then your 5th option, MikeT "Wrong"

Give up and try to just sign 3rd and 4th options lose both VH-H, MikeT "Wrong"

Win battle 32-68 and sign 2 more guys like that. MikeT "Wow you really know how to play the game"

Adult Education Classes. Take one on reading comprehension. It will work wonders.
Aren't you the one complaining about threads being derailed and going off topic? Yet here you are bringing nothing to the table but an off topic insult.

Hypocrite much?

Not to mention you are so focused on picking fights, you called out TJ for posting his most recent battle result saying he wouldn't have posted it if he had won the battle. TJ a pretty good rational supporter of 3.0 bringing more evidence to the table without pushing anything just posting results of a 4 way battle and you immediately go on saying he wouldn't post it if he had won
Seems to me that you're not understanding what I'm saying. I haven't told anyone what they should do or how to win. I simply pointed out that no one is waiting for you, or anyone for that matter, to get the results on the #1 option before going after your 2nd-10th options. They are playing to win and, if losing your 1st option leaves you standing there, nutsack in hand, with no good option, that's the risk YOU took. That's the game.

I asked TJ if he would have posted that battle if he had won. For the most part, I bet the 74% users are winning 74% of the time. But it's when the 26% wins that it gets posted.
2/28/2017 2:33 PM
Posted by zorzii on 2/28/2017 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/28/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 2/28/2017 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jt2xTTU on 2/28/2017 1:18:00 PM (view original):
A while back when Powerball got to $1B, some girl spent ALL her $$ on Powerball tickets. When she didn't win, she posted a GoFundMe because she couldn't pay rent or buy food, and blamed it on not winning Powerball.

There is no GoFundMe in HD; only next season.
Bad comparison. It is not the same problem.
Since you did not understand the first one, I will try a second one: Everyone has choices; they are not free from the consequences of those choices.

If you want a safety net, play Madden on rookie (there is a 3rd one).
Still a bad comparison. If you compare HD to powerball, you are saying luck has a big part to play in this game...
No. He's saying you're making a decision and not taking responsibility for it when it doesn't go your way.

I assume you understand but are pretending you don't.
2/28/2017 2:37 PM
Yeah, I would have posted the battle if I had won. I am just doing it because 4 way battles are rare.

I think you'll also see people less likely to battle when two teams are likely to go in.

2/28/2017 2:39 PM
I understand what you are saying its one of the only things you say. You jump into every thread to tell whoever is "complaining" they are doing it wrong.

"I simply pointed out that no one is waiting for you, or anyone for that matter, to get the results on the #1 option before going after your 2nd-10th options. They are playing to win and, if losing your 1st option leaves you standing there, nutsack in hand, with no good option, that's the risk YOU took. That's the game."

That is you interjecting telling them whatever they are doing they are doing it wrong. You don't actually do anything productive besides bash the coach for being too dumb to play the game right. Because you don't know how it actually works or have experience or any clue on what to do and can't actually help the coach

TJ would've posted it even if he won the battle with the lowest or highest chance because TJ wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone, but you wouldn't know that because you are too busy trying to argue with anyone or thing
2/28/2017 2:39 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/28/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I would have posted the battle if I had won. I am just doing it because 4 way battles are rare.

I think you'll also see people less likely to battle when two teams are likely to go in.

Fair enough. Most postings of battle results are only to prove how broken the system is. "74 lost to 26? BULLSHIT!!!!" sort of things.
2/28/2017 2:44 PM
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
I understand what you are saying its one of the only things you say. You jump into every thread to tell whoever is "complaining" they are doing it wrong.

"I simply pointed out that no one is waiting for you, or anyone for that matter, to get the results on the #1 option before going after your 2nd-10th options. They are playing to win and, if losing your 1st option leaves you standing there, nutsack in hand, with no good option, that's the risk YOU took. That's the game."

That is you interjecting telling them whatever they are doing they are doing it wrong. You don't actually do anything productive besides bash the coach for being too dumb to play the game right. Because you don't know how it actually works or have experience or any clue on what to do and can't actually help the coach

TJ would've posted it even if he won the battle with the lowest or highest chance because TJ wasn't trying to get a rise out of anyone, but you wouldn't know that because you are too busy trying to argue with anyone or thing
Too long. Not bothering. Read my posts in this thread, shorten up your reply and get back to me. Until then, have a wonderful day.
2/28/2017 2:45 PM
Happy trolling to you
2/28/2017 2:48 PM
Good job in being more succinct. There's no sense arguing with someone who is telling you what you're saying when evidence to the contrary is there for all to read. You're not interesting or informative when you do that. I have no time for it.

Just tell us how to recruit. And why, if you miss, you should get a chance at your 2nd option. But be brief. Because, as I said, you're not interesting or informative.
2/28/2017 2:51 PM
Except you have the time to reply because you are a troll and do exactly what I said, go ahead and find me a topic where a user posted a comment about losing a battle or saying something negative where you don't jump in blaming the user for not understand the game. Clearly with all the time on your hands you've done that at least once.

I didn't come to this thread to tell TJ how to recruit or tell him what he did was wrong.
2/28/2017 2:54 PM
Too long. I told you to be brief. Try again.
2/28/2017 2:55 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.