I don't think it's fair to assume it's Gillespie, as there's no evidence, and ddirkl has more seasons in Leahy than Gillespie does. It does seem like an alias, if so you can assume that whoever it is is also in Hayes, as ddirkl has one other team and it's in that world (just started). The other possibility is that he's just an ******* and wanted to mess with the defending NC, either way it's obviously messed up and shouldn't be allowed.
3/19/2017 10:33 PM
My other question is, what will those recruits do when the last cycle passes? Will they sign with Long Island who has actually offered them a scholarship? I assume the ones considering both will go to LI, but I wonder about the ones considering only TCU.
3/19/2017 10:36 PM
I don't know who, what or why. I don't know if it is cheating(though I admit it seems like it) or not.
But there should be a rule that the AI enforces that you cannot drop down more than 1 level to recruit !
Because even if it aint cheating , dropping down 2 or 3 levels is a ridiculous advantage/disadvantage in recruiting and it doesn't make any sense that you could not get players that could help you more dropping down only 1 level !
3/19/2017 10:42 PM
TCU still has two scholarships to sign, so may end up signing 2 of the 12.

With LI needing 9, I guess he needs to offer scholarships to all 12. But, that means he may get 1 or 2 that were lower priority. If he only offers the 9 he likes best, TCU may sign two of them, and then he has to take walkons.

This is the kind of crap that drives coaches out of this game.
3/19/2017 11:08 PM
has ddirkl quit the game yet?
3/19/2017 11:20 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 3/19/2017 10:08:00 PM (view original):
This is legitimately the greatest GD scandal since this season in Wilkinson where cfbfan18 still holds a 'Secure' status at Notre Dame lol
Touche!
3/19/2017 11:21 PM
No I do not have 2 user names, hardly play GD in past few years. couldn't recruit this week and had someone I know in a lower div do it while I was gone, a top team in that div, looks like they used my money to try and weaken a rival and didn't do well for me doing it, 1st time ever signing a sim. pay back coming
just seeing it now.
LI- champ sent you a sitemail
3/20/2017 12:57 AM
The plot thickens! Name names ddirkl!
3/20/2017 1:13 AM
Posted by ddirkl on 3/20/2017 12:57:00 AM (view original):
No I do not have 2 user names, hardly play GD in past few years. couldn't recruit this week and had someone I know in a lower div do it while I was gone, a top team in that div, looks like they used my money to try and weaken a rival and didn't do well for me doing it, 1st time ever signing a sim. pay back coming
just seeing it now.
Name him. I may be just a pseudo rival, but by not naming him, I and others will be suspect.
3/20/2017 1:30 AM
Posted by realist9900 on 3/20/2017 1:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ddirkl on 3/20/2017 12:57:00 AM (view original):
just seeing it now.
Name him. I may be just a pseudo rival, but by not naming him, I and others will be suspect.
Same here...Burn the Witch DDirkl....Thanks for your first post in the Forums.... BTW: Why were you paying attention to Forums you never participate in? UPDATE: Long Island did sign all 9 on last cycle with TCU taking 2 Sims..... TCU had several guys Green and did not have to take any SIMS.
3/20/2017 2:18 AM (edited)
"Vedy Interesting" !
The recruiter deserves the Horrible Torture of "The Zipper Caught Shlong" . "OUCH"
3/20/2017 5:41 AM
Posted by mojolad on 3/20/2017 5:41:00 AM (view original):
"Vedy Interesting" !
The recruiter deserves the Horrible Torture of "The Zipper Caught Shlong" . "OUCH"
Lol...too much mojo....too much...now, back to conspiracy theories please! This is better than a Netflix subscription...
3/20/2017 8:37 AM
First of all, I ain't buying the "I let someone else from D3 recruit for me" excuse. Secondly, 8 of the so-called "targeted players" signed with Long Island, 4 of which were green to TCU and 4 that were battles between TCU and LI. Not a bad outcome for having your "recruiting hijacked". Third, what does TCU gain by recruiting players 2 divisions below 1A? Point 4, I spent 24K on the db that I battled Long Island for. The "targeting" actually protected the 12 players from other D2 coaches because who would throw money at a recruit that had a D1 school on them. NO ONE who has played this game very long at all. Lastly, if someone had "hijacked my recruiting" I would think I would have posted on my chat or in the forums on the cycle that it happened, not several cycles down the road AFTER it was revealed on the forums. So LI didn't have to spend recruiting money or battle D2 coaches for several cycles in this and still got his players...I wonder how much cash he put in his war chest for next season???
3/20/2017 9:39 AM
Someone, I think it was Chrondon84, said something like: "If the game allows you to do it then it aint cheating.
IF someone was that desperate to create a 2nd team in 1A to protect his d2 recruits , AND Wis customer service said whatever he dfid with his 1A team is ok in their book, then you have to say that was pretty slick of him.
I personally wouldn't do it. But only for the practical reason of I don't feel I have to pay for 2 seasons at a time to develop a winning team.
I definitely don't think that practice is moral or ethical. But it obviously IS legal and therefore pretty slick.
3/20/2017 9:53 AM
Posted by mojolad on 3/20/2017 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Someone, I think it was Chrondon84, said something like: "If the game allows you to do it then it aint cheating.
IF someone was that desperate to create a 2nd team in 1A to protect his d2 recruits , AND Wis customer service said whatever he dfid with his 1A team is ok in their book, then you have to say that was pretty slick of him.
I personally wouldn't do it. But only for the practical reason of I don't feel I have to pay for 2 seasons at a time to develop a winning team.
I definitely don't think that practice is moral or ethical. But it obviously IS legal and therefore pretty slick.
It's not slick. It's cheating. Just because you are able to steal from a bank and potentially get away with it, doesn't make it any less illegal. While there are gray areas at times, this case is clearly defined in WIS's fair play guidelines.

When one coach enjoys 1A and 1AA simultaneously, and is open about having two ID's while also ensuring they're at least trying to keep the teams 1,000 miles away, that's not a big deal. However, this is the third case in the past 6 weeks that is obvious cheating. I have long been a defender of WIS, even defending their delay in responding to tickets. Yet, they continue to ignore an issue that I think could and potentially already is ruining the game for a lot of fine coaches. My patience is wearing thin.
3/20/2017 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.