What should "your" team do Topic

Posted by copernicus on 6/13/2018 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 3:23:00 PM (view original):
Who on the Lakers compares to Booker or Ayton? It’s certainly not Ingram, Kuzma or Ball. The fact that Booker was as efficient as he was with the not existent playmaking and status as the #1 option is pretty remarkable. He has scored more points than LeBron or MJ ever did in a single game, he is going to score 10,000 faster than George, AD and Kyrie, and he was 21 years old the whole season.

I firmly believe he is one of the five best players under 25. Hard to argue that he isn’t.
Ayton is not a thing yet and the fact that you named 3 dudes (not counting Randle who balled out this year too) to your one is kind of the point - the Lakers have a handful of promising young dudes, not just one guy (whose contributions to a 21 win team obviously moved no needles anyway)
Ayton scored more points than any freshman center since 1992, including Shaq. He’s not working out for any other teams. It’s a done deal.

Ball is as much a work in progress as Jackson, to me, and I would much rather have Booker and Ayton than Ingram and Kuzma.

6/13/2018 3:28 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 3:26:00 PM (view original):
I did the math on how exactly they get to $66M, but it’s easy to see. Williams, Reed, Ulis and Harrison is $9.8M, stretch Knight is an extra $9M, of course a team like Sacramento will strike out in free agency, everybody wants free firsts.

all3, the proposition is as realistic as the talent level that belies it. Just because it hasn’t been talked about as much, doesn’t mean it’s unrealistic. It’s just not a popular fantasy.
absolutely it's unrealistic, the worst team in the league this season would have to gut it's roster and give up a bunch of future assets to even just get in the room to put together LBJ, PG13, two kids and filler and share the same division as the Warriors? stop it

LBJ can go to Philly right now without them doing too much damage to their current squad - they can probably even re-sign JJ - why the F would he come to Phoenix (or LA) to not even be in a position to win his own division? Boston can flip a Kyrie or Heyward and a handful of first rounders and LBJ is added to a conference finalist full of young studs with a great coach and system - those are realistic things
6/13/2018 3:42 PM (edited)
Nobody (except older guys out of the rotation) on either team has proven they can be a productive part of a winning team, so that's a push. While I like Booker, it could easily be argued that either or both Ball and Ingram will be better players, and both are even younger than Booker. Ayton hasn't played a minute in the NBA, so NOBODY KNOWS if he's any better than Zubac, Bryant, or anybody else the Lakers may have at C. The Lakers also have a long tradition of winning Championships where the Suns have . . well, let's just say no such tradition. The Lakers have Magic while the Suns have who? Phoenix is a great place, but it ain't LA - just as the guy who already owns 2 homes in LA- Mr. James.
6/13/2018 3:35 PM

Ayton scored more points than any freshman center since 1992, including Shaq. He’s not working out for any other teams. It’s a done deal.

the pick, maybe. his career? magic 8 ball says "remains to be seen"
6/13/2018 3:42 PM (edited)
Not realistic to find a bidder for Kyrie when he’s expiring. There aren’t too many teams who would take that chance.
Simmons and LeBron is not a realistic fit unless Philly trades Simmons for Mitchell, and then Embiid has to stand in the corner like Bosh and Love. I don’t think it makes sense for Simmons, Embiid or LeBron.
Houston might not be able to bring Capela back if LeBron even wants to go there, and Harden and Paul dribbling out the clock while LeBron stands in the corner doesn’t seem like a proper use of his talents. Harden is going to take some shots he should have passed to LeBron, and he is going to miss those shots. Doesn’t seem like the perfect place for him at all.
The Lakers are also in the Warriors’ division. I think he has a better shot with Booker and Ayton than the Lakers’ young guys. If he wants to be near his kids in LA, he would be.
On the court, Booker makes a heck of a lot more sense with LeBron than Ball. Booker is a lot like Kyrie, but since he’s not a dominant on ball player, LeBron and Booker won’t take turns. Booker would be perfectly happy catching and shooting when LeBron drives.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but it is as realistic as those other scenarios. If LeBron asked, we could (foolishly) trade #1, Chandler and Dudley for Kawhi. Everything is a possibility for us. It’s not unrealistic; you just didn’t see it coming.
6/13/2018 3:42 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/13/2018 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Nobody (except older guys out of the rotation) on either team has proven they can be a productive part of a winning team, so that's a push. While I like Booker, it could easily be argued that either or both Ball and Ingram will be better players, and both are even younger than Booker. Ayton hasn't played a minute in the NBA, so NOBODY KNOWS if he's any better than Zubac, Bryant, or anybody else the Lakers may have at C. The Lakers also have a long tradition of winning Championships where the Suns have . . well, let's just say no such tradition. The Lakers have Magic while the Suns have who? Phoenix is a great place, but it ain't LA - just as the guy who already owns 2 homes in LA- Mr. James.
LeBron’s 7 time teammate James Jones, VP of Basketball Operations.
6/13/2018 3:43 PM
At this moment, Ball and Ingram being considered better talents than Booker, now or in the future, is a product of how much the league loves and needs the Lakers. It’s not actually true, though.
6/13/2018 3:45 PM
Man, this seems to be a lot of wasted typing. LeBron going to Phoenix? GTFOH
6/13/2018 3:59 PM

Not realistic to find a bidder for Kyrie when he’s expiring. There aren’t too many teams who would take that chance.

dont think so - there's another big cap bounce on the horizon - top dudes aren't going to be signing long term deals anyway - plus whoever holds the contract rights in this case has a ton of extra money to put on the table than anyone else

6/13/2018 4:09 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 6/13/2018 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Man, this seems to be a lot of wasted typing. LeBron going to Phoenix? GTFOH
why?
6/13/2018 4:12 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/13/2018 4:09:00 PM (view original):

dont think so - there's another big cap bounce on the horizon - top dudes aren't going to be signing long term deals anyway - plus whoever holds the contract rights in this case has a ton of extra money to put on the table than anyone else

You tell me who would trade for him and what they would trade for him, and I’ll tell you why it doesn’t work
6/13/2018 4:13 PM
the Cavs - the Celtics have a handful of first round picks of various quality (and protections) over the next couple seasons - Lebron goes to the FO and says "I'm out or get something, here's Danny's number" (as long as he doesnt say he's going to Phoenix because Gilbert would never believe that)

or it could just be Heyward and the picks to the same ends
6/13/2018 4:22 PM
Why the heck would Kyrie stay in Cleveland on his own accord, even for one more year? So he can play with a team that can’t get better, and whoever the 8th pick turns out to be?

He has a history of injuries. He needs long term money when it’s there for him. I highly doubt he turns down $190m/5yrs when it’s offered to him, but it most certainly won’t be in Cleveland, with or without LeBron.
6/13/2018 4:37 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Why the heck would Kyrie stay in Cleveland on his own accord, even for one more year? So he can play with a team that can’t get better, and whoever the 8th pick turns out to be?

He has a history of injuries. He needs long term money when it’s there for him. I highly doubt he turns down $190m/5yrs when it’s offered to him, but it most certainly won’t be in Cleveland, with or without LeBron.
whoever holds his contract has a big advantage in years and money but also Lebron can just walk and I did mention the picks so the Cavs are over a barrel and can get some picks and chance to leverage Kyrie or they can get nothing and like it (you seem to be ignoring this part)

also are you just going to ignore that I mentioned Heyward (who is locked up longer term) as an alternative to Kyrie? these are still much more realistic options than the Suns or Lakers
6/13/2018 4:57 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/13/2018 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):

whoever holds his contract has a big advantage in years and money but also Lebron can just walk and I did mention the picks so the Cavs are over a barrel and can get some picks and chance to leverage Kyrie or they can get nothing and like it (you seem to be ignoring this part)

also are you just going to ignore that I mentioned Heyward (who is locked up longer term) as an alternative to Kyrie? these are still much more realistic options than the Suns or Lakers
if they trade Hayward and get LeBron, Kyrie will ask for a trade.

Celtics might have to trade both of them anyway. Tatum and Brown’s agents are going to push for someone to get traded, whether it’s Hayward, Tatum or Brown. Bringing in LeBron but not trading Hayward means Tatum and Brown are getting spot minutes off the bench.

so what I’m saying is I have no idea what Boston’s roster looks like next year, but in theory, Kyrie for LeBron could happen.
6/13/2018 5:18 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...20 Next ▸
What should "your" team do Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.