1. uptowngvb
Stephen Curry
Dikembe Mutombo
Shawn Kemp
Andre Iguodala
Charlie Edge
Jeff Ruland
Manute Bol

I like that Uptown had the balls to take Steph #1 overall. Deke & Kemp make a nice big man combo of D, reb%, & efg%. Iggy is a great fit with Steph & the rest of the team. I love Charlie Edge in this league. I was pleasantly surprised when he went undrafted last season... I don't really understand the 6th round. I'm not a big Ruland fan & Bol doesn't rebound well, but his 100 D is very nice. This looks like one of the best teams Uptown has drafted. I think this team will make the playoffs 3-6 seed.

2. sappy
LeBron James
Marcus Camby
Andre Drummond
Wesley Person
Nicolas Batum
Brandan Wright
Marc Gasol

I love that new Laker LeBron James is playing PG... Stick & Batum are an interesting combo at SG/SF, that would only work if LeBron is the PG, and with high percentage rebounders at the PF/C, and you certainly have that in Camby & Drummond. I'm not a fan of M Gasol, unless it was a cap/mins move that was necessary.... A well rounded team with, efg, D, rebounding, and enough 3s... Laker Lebron & Sappy make the playoffs 3-5 seed

3. twinsfan8791
Wilt Chamberlain
Tyson Chandler
Julius Erving
Terrell Brandon
Kirk Hinrich
Mark Olberding
Quincy Lewis

This is a very expensive team. The 6th round choices prove that... I love Chandler beside Wilt. I like using a good defender at the PF when the C can't switch. The Brandon pick makes little sense. I like him as a player, despite his lowish efg, but he doesn't fit here. He really screws this team up, by forcing you to a low rebounding Dr J at SF (I'm assuming you can't afford the high salary Dr Js) . I like Hinrich in the 5th, bc he gives you 3s,perimeter D, & asts.. 3s are important when drafting Wilt. I would have rather had a low usage/hgh efg% 3pt shooter at SG or SF (Dunlevey,Jr or Otto Porter perhaps- even Batum or Stick Person) to pair with Dr J & Hinrich than Brandon.(You don't need his Usage or ast%) That would probably give you more cap room for you bench as well, which I assume is terrible considering the 6th round... I don't like this team. Does Wilt miss the playoffs? I think so.

4. cjok1051
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Dennis Rodman
James Harden
Kevin Johnson
Pau Gasol
Ersan Ilyasova
Jordan Farmar

Interesting team! Jordan Farmar screwed me, believe it or not.. Good job on that... There are options for KAJ, Harden, & Gasol- so I'm not exactly sure which versions you are using. I think teams featuring high efg/D guards will end up being a problem for this team. Rodman is a natural complement to KAJ. I love certain versions of Pau. He is a very clean player who does a lot of things very well, but very few great.. He's a solid player at this cap level. I dig Ersan at this cap level as well. His D is the only negative, and you can live with that in this league as long as he can switch. I don't love the guard combo, but the efg% is there. Rodman will ensure they don't get beat on the boards very often... I think this is a fringe playoff team. 42-44 wins.. Not enough overall D.. 5-6 seed or out

5. mikee1
Dwight Howard
Klay Thompson
Kyle Lowry
Andrew Bogut
Lamar Odom
Jonas Valanciunas
Goran Dragic

The top 3 picks ensure great efg. It is smart to pair Howard with 2 high efg 3pt shooting guards. Bogut is a sneaky smart pick, bc he adds ast% along with solid D and great rebounding.. Odom was also a decent pick, bc the ast% is needed with Lowry, Klay, & Dragic as the guards. I love Valanciunas in this league. He's one of the best options in that mins/salary range. This team will probably be a 3-6 seed in the playoffs. Dragic has a high efg and gets to the FT line a lot. He's a solid backup G in this league.

6. ncoldguy
Michael Jordan
Walt Bellamy
Maurice Cheeks
Troy Murphy
Alex English
David West
Andre Miller

Well.... Jordan was a pretty good pick... The perimeter D will be outstanding with Mo Cheeks playing beside his airness. Teams that rely on their guards to score the majority of the points, or even to add supplemental 3s-may struggle a little... But teams that score a load in the paint will flourish. English can score- he's not a good enough rebounder to play SF in this league, even beside MJ, plus Cheeks doesn't add anything on the boards. Bellamy was a mistake. There were plenty of other better big men available.. Like every one that was available. He has 'decent' stats across the board.. But--- Just 'decent'.. This team has no chance of winning more than 32 games.

7. pharrop
Chris Paul
Donyell Marshall
Bob McAdoo
Nick Anderson
Andrew Bynum
George T. Johnson
Marvin Webster

Pharrop has drafted a championship contender. He plays a very clean game with very good efg, solid rebounding and solid D. I won a championship in this league with CP3, McAdoo, & Anderson. I had a little more rebounding- but this team looks better overall. That alone makes me think this has to be a 48+ win team (which is actually enough to win a division). I don't feel like CP3 is a stretch at 7 for several reasons, that wish not to divulge at this moment, but his unique skillset is hard to beat.. To use a baseball stat, his 'value over replacement' is ranked very high in my opinion vs other players drafted in the top half of the draft compared to the 'replacement' you can get in the 2nd round or later... D-Marsh is also very unique, but picking him in the 2nd round is a little bit of a gamble- unless you can get a high efg/high usage player in the 3rd- like McAdoo.. Nick Anderson screwed me.. Robusk's stats say he's been drafted 38% of the time- and that's usually in the 5th or 6th round- and that's including twice by me (once I won the title, and the 2nd I lost the conference finals-- that still haunts me, bc that team was great, and I didn't max out my minutes in that final game- saving them for the finals) But- it was still a great pick in the 4th, considering the fit for the team. The 3 headed center position is extremely solid...This will be a 1-3 seed in the playoffs.

8. pointfwd
Shaquille O'Neal
Deron Williams
Buck Williams
Gerald Wallace
Chris Andersen
Swen Nater
B.J. Armstrong

Although none of the 1-7 picks were 'bad'- Shaq at #8 is extremely valuable at this cap level, His salary/mins/production is hard to beat. Deron Williams is a very solid player. A nice pick later in the 2nd.. I'm wondering which G Wallace Point is using and what position he is playing. Buck is a nice addition alongside Shaq. He plays good D, is a solid rebounder, and has a nice efg with a decent usage rate.. His TO% is high, but Shaq's is low- and the other guys take care of the ball as well... There are virtually no 3s here.. which will make it easier to play -D vs Shaq. This is a solid team- I don't like the lack of 3s, but without seeing the whole roster- there may be enough. Birdman is solid at this cap level- he is very valuable... But I don't see this team as a real contender.. it could be a playoff team.... I think it depends on if opponents adjust their D.

9. seapilots
Karl Malone
Steve Nash
Bill Russell
Marvin Williams
Al Horford
Nate McMillan
Jamario Moon

Another interesting and solid team.. Marvin/Moon make a nice combo at SG/SF considering Nash & Mailman provide plenty of ast%, usage/efg%. Russell is a good glue piece with this particular team. I like him here with this team more than I usually do. Horford seems like a nice backup in the frontcourt & Nate adds D in the backcourt. Is there a possible usage issue here? Even with Mailman? I'm not sure. Probably not... This is a hard team for me to judge, I really don't know what to expect... How many teams can I project into the playoffs??? Just 12, right? Haha.. This team looks efficient and has solid D outside of Nash.. I'm not feeling it for some reason.. 40-44 wins.

10. dh555
Moses Malone
Mookie Blaylock
Manu Ginobili
Jerry Lucas
Bobby Jones
Cory Alexander
Michael Ruffin

DH always builds solid teams. Moses won his 1st title last season. He alone almost assures a rebounding edge.. Lucas and solid rounding from the Guards means this team will out-rebound opponents by 4/game... Mookie is streaky, He will go 4-12 at times and lose you a few games, but he's a very solid player. Manu is a nice complement to him.. Jones adds D & efg and was a very nice pick considering you can deal with his relatively weak rebounding... Solid efg, Solid rebounding, Solid D.. Maybe a little high in the TO department.. 3-4 seed

11. rubnsly
Kevin Durant
Bill Walton
Nicola Jokic
Charlie Ward
Charles Oakley
Mel Daniels
Brent Price

This team has too many turnovers.. It looks like KD plays SG & Oak play SF (along with Walton, Jokic, & Mel Daniels at PF/C) which means great rebounding that can negate the TOs... I wouldn't have drafted KD over Admiral- but that's me... And I like KD at SG, bc I like rebounds (despite the team I drafted not showing that)... I can't exactly say why (the margin between a playoff team and a non-playoff team is very small)- but i feel like this team will miss the playoff- but I could be wrong.. It will win at least 38 games.. If it wins 43, it could squeak in

12. jcred5
David Robinson
Chauncey Billups
Terry Porter
Larry Nance
J.R. Smith
Kris Humphries
David Lee

Admiral is a great pick at 12. Billups & Porter are a nice combo and fit well with D-Rob. JR Smith is a nice backup to them..Having lots of high percentage 3s with a paint dominant scorer is usually a good combo.... Humphries was a great pick. considering the relatively weak overall rebounding after selecting Nance. I've felt for a while that Kris was a natural fit beside Admiral, considering Admiral is 100 D and Humphries has a 30% dreb. Overall rebounding may still be slightly weak. I'm wondering which Billups will be used., there are 2 options.. The overall efg is solid. The overall D is solid. TO% won't be a problem. fouls won't be a problem. I'm not sure why this is so hard for me.. 75% of the teams look like playoff teams to me, but only 50% really are... I have to say this team wins 44-45 games.. Which puts them in the 4-6 seed range.. I could see them being even better-- or possibly even missing out on the postseason by 1 or 2 games or a tiebreaker.
7/2/2018 3:11 PM (edited)

75% of the teams look like playoff teams to me, but only 50% really are...

That's because there's so much parity that everything becomes a coin flip - nice evals, keep it up
7/2/2018 1:05 AM
great read milest!
it's tough to get a good read with
these teams until final 5 players are in.
for instance with my team I agree ended up a
bit light on U%
so I scaled back Moon & added (a total gamble)
N.J. Net Kitties. higher u% 75 def and decent 3pa (240)
@ 40%.
probably won't work but oh well.
not my best draft.
thanks for all your work on these evals!
7/2/2018 2:23 AM
Surprisingly good job so far milest. Thanks for doing it.
7/2/2018 12:24 PM
13. robusk
Charles Barkley
Anthony Davis
Derek Harper
Danny Green
Anderson Varejao
Leon Powe
Chris Gatling

Davis is a nice fit with Chuck.. I'm not sure which season will be used, but I do have a preference. D Harper is a solid player. I like guys who average more steals than TOs.. I just wish he wasn't a liability on the boards. I wish his 3pt% & FT% were just a little better. Danny Green has been one of my favorite NBA players, and he has several useful seasons for the WIS Sim. He provides needed 3s for this squad. A very nice pick. Varejao does a lot of nice things, depending on the season used.. This team is going to need his defensive rounding and ast%. Nice pick. Leon Powe hits the offensive glass with the best of them, and shoots a high percentage. He is a hacker who doesn't pass. Depending on sub patterns, his lack of ast% could end up hurting you a little. Gatling is another hacker who can put the ball in the bucket. I used to love watching Gatling play. He was a master on block with his back to the basket.. Nelly hated post up guys, even though he was leading the league in FG% every year, Nelly wouldn't give him minutes.... I don't think there is enough Dreb% here.. The offense is there, including the Oreb%- Barkley is the only player that is TO prone, so that's good... Barkley is really the only bad defender, so that's good. I'm always hesitant to rank poor Dreb teams very high (Umm my team comes to mind).. I think using the high Dreb% Davis is a mistake, bc of the high usage/lowish efg%.. But it could all even out in the wash if you do use him... Can I just predict that every team will win 40-44 games? I mean, it is possible (Except for Ncoldguy- sorry, Dude!) 40-44 wins...

14. benhoidal
Anfernee Hardaway
Shawn Marion
Alonzo Mourning
Clifford Ray
Kyle Korver
Arvydas Sabonis
Jameer Nelson

Ben is probably the most consistent owner/drafter in WIS basketball and he's drafted another quality team with very high efg% and enough D. Penny & Marion fill a lot of stats very well, but neither shoot 3s at a high percentage, which makes the Korver & Nelson picks even more valuable. Ray is a nice complement to Mourning. Mourning is a little weak on the boards, and Ray makes up for it.. Ray fouls a little too much and turns the ball over a lot, but he's a good fit for a team needing rebounds and assists. Sabonis is a good backup. He's solid on the D glass, and shoots a high percentage, and adds 3s & assists. The combo of efg and D make this team one of the better ones so far. It has a chance to win a division. 1-4 seed in the playoffs.

I gotta go. I thought I'd be able to squeeze more than 2 in.. I'll e back... But I might be a little buzzed by then.. Going to see my brother's band play... We'll see what happens when I get back.. I have to get up early in the AM- so no promises....
7/2/2018 9:59 PM (edited)
milest great evals. as I am trying to build my team Gasol has no real fit. I had a plan when drafting him but its not working out.
7/2/2018 6:17 PM
15. redbooda
Tracy McGrady
Karl Anthony-Towns
Patrick Ewing
Clyde Drexler
Kyrie Irving
Javale McGee
Tobias Harris

Looks like there is a lot of cash spent on the top 7 guys. I have a feeling the bench is going to be pretty awful. There's a lot of cap space devoted to usage. There's not enough rebounding to compete in this league. The efg is probably close to average. The D is close to average. There's just not enough rebounding here for me to consider it a playoff team, and I can't see the bench adding anything positive considering salary already spent. No playoffs for Redbooda

16. coachcroft
DeAndre Jordan
Dwyane Wade
Amare Stoudemire
Serge Ibaka
Jason Terry
Rajon Rondo
Tony Kukoc

Very good combination of D and efg%. This team is well built around D-Wade. There is plenty of supplemental efg to make up for Wade's misses. The overall rebounding isn't great, even with DJ, but it is enough. Terry fits well beside Wade. He doesn't rebound well, but he plays a very efficient game, and adds much needed 3s. Rondo is a fine addition, but I probably would have tried to find some 3s to fill those minutes... Kukoc is a pretty good fit here... Overall, this is a solid team. 3 very good defenders, plus a lot of efficient scoring & enough rebounding... 1-4 Seed in the playoffs

17. kinoa1
Larry Bird
Scottie Pippen
Mike Conley
Tree Rollins
George Hill
Kenneth Faried
Clint Capela

Bird & Pippen are 2 of my all-time favorite NBA players.. And I'm a Faried kind of guy.. Hustle & rebounding.. As a youth rec league coach, that's what you love more than anything. Heart & Hustle. This team fits pretty well together, But I have a feeling there will be some bad minutes on the bench.. The 7 drafted guys have high usage (minus Tree) over several positions. Conley is one of my favorite PGs in this league & Pippen helped me win a title last season. There are options for Bird & Pippen, so I'm not sure which versions are being used. Tree & Capela may combine for 7 fouls per game between the 2 of them and possibly 10 or more on occasion.. But I love Tree for the rest of the package. Capela shoots a high percentage with decent usage. Hill is a solid backup with a low TO%. A lot depends on the bench, but I think this is a good team... I will say 3-5 seed in the playoffs.

Interestingly, I have several teams as possible 3-6 seeds, but only 3 as possible 1-2 seeds.. so, I guess that means, my rankings really don't mean anything.. Once I finish going though all 24 teams, I will probably adjust the playoff predictions a little bit... I'll return tomorrow night
7/3/2018 12:45 AM (edited)
Ehh we’ll see. I think I have a chance at playoffs, and I needed usage with the Wilt I’m using and Chandler. Brandon is a good solid PG and does everything well including defend. His efg is fine imo. I like my chances this time, but we’ll see.
7/3/2018 4:06 AM
Posted by twinsfan8791 on 7/3/2018 4:06:00 AM (view original):
Ehh we’ll see. I think I have a chance at playoffs, and I needed usage with the Wilt I’m using and Chandler. Brandon is a good solid PG and does everything well including defend. His efg is fine imo. I like my chances this time, but we’ll see.
If you use 66-67 Wilt with 2 usage points & a Chandler with .5 usage points, you still only need 2 usage points from that position.(which means some of my suggestions wouldn't work-i forgot Chandler was .5 points instead of 1)... regardless, you have too much money wasted on usage that should be devoted to more rebounds or offensive efficiency... Brandon is a fine player, but u don't need him AND Hinrich (the team would be far better if one of them were replaced with less usage, better efg, and better rebounding... u can't really deny that) & Hinrich gives you more mins/$. If your bench is as bad as your 6th round, you have very little chance of making the playoffs.
7/3/2018 4:35 PM
I don’t really agree. Chandler doesn’t pass at all. I value assist % with ultra-high EFG guys like Wilt and him. I want a lot on the floor at all times. My offense should be dynamite although lacking in threes for sure.
7/3/2018 6:16 PM
18. patricije
John Stockton
Hakeem Olajuwon
Marques Johnson
Brent Barry
Samuel Dalembert
Matt Barnes
Kurt Thomas

Nice team at a glance.. A lot depends on which Marques Johnson is being used. The shooting efficiency at guard is fantastic. Hakeem is another one of my favorite players to watch, I wish he was little be more efficient- but the sharpshooting guards will help even things out.. I hope the MJ I'd use is going to be used here... Dalembert & K Thomas were very nice selections, Their rebounding is much needed. Matt Barnes??? I get it.. With the clean cut white guy backcourt, the wholesome, nice guy Hakeem at C, Even Dalembert & Thomas are nice guys & rather non-intimidating in appearance. Marques Johnson only looked scary in White Men Can't Jump... This team needed a wild looking dude with tattoos covering his entire upper body, with a reputation for being a little bit crazy and saying crazy things... Plus the locker room & road trips would get boring without him.. I like the backcourt a lot... Think the rest is good enough for a playoff bid? Another one? How many is that? I'll sort that out at the end...

19. milest
Tim Duncan
Hassan Whiteside
Mark Price
Larry Sanders
Eddie Jones
Ryan Anderson
Michael Smith

Tim Duncan is a fairly weak rebounder, combined with weak rebounding guards, and 17-18 min/game of Ryan Anderson, means Whiteside & Michael Smith will have to me monsters on the defensive glass for this team to have a chance. The frontcourt defensive is one of the best in the league, with 2 100 defenders and a 92 defender. Eddie Jones' only real downfall is that he is weak on the D boards. He's rather weak in the ast% department as well, but I can cover it with Price & Duncan combining for slightly over 40 ast%. His 84D is nice, averages more steals than TOs, and adds high% 3s with a high efg, but he only defends the PG at 91%. Duncan & Whiteside provide strong paint scoring, combined with over 500 high percentage 3s. I definitely would prefer more rebounds, but Ryan Anderson's 3s, efg, and oreb% is a unique skill set that is valuable in this league & he helped me win last season. I think I'll make the playoffs, but I'm pretty biased. 70-74 wins.. Haha...

20. gerryred
Artis Gilmore
Draymond Green
Gary Payton
Robert Parish
Otto Porter
Rodrigue Beaubois
Mugsy Bogues

There are plenty of options for Parish, but the overall team efg looks pretty high regardless. Overall D is very solid. Rebounding is very solid.. Payton takes care of the ball, which is good... Looks like I have to add another team to the playoff list. I'm too tired to say much more, ha.. The basic credentials are there for a good team. I don't see why it wouldn't succeed.
7/3/2018 10:18 PM
Solid evals. Good job Milest
7/4/2018 11:21 AM
Great evals. Thanks to them, I took much harder look at my team, which I wasn't very impressed in. Especally Marques Johnson part got me thinking. Now, I don't know which one you had in mind, but I've changed the season and I'm really satisfied with my team now.
The only thing I'm worried about are TOs, which will exceed 20 on avg, due to usg being just over 100 (it might go down to 95 with Stockton, Barry, Johnson, Thomas and Nurkic on the floor at the same time, which I hope won't be that often) which is not enough with my up tempo style of play and also due to players being generally TO prone. That is the price I have to pay for changing two Johnsons. I hope my solid steals% will even things out in that department and also hope that my off reb will tilt possesion battle in my favour, or at least decrease the deficit. Altough my "Playoff Hopers I" aren't bad, I'm starting to believe more and more in Pat Riley's old saying - "No rebounds, no championship"...at least in WIS.
As my team name is saying, I'm hoping to get into the playoffs. It looks like I'm again in very tough division with some of the sim's greatest, including the defending champion himself...so playoffs would be really cool.
7/4/2018 6:14 PM
Playoffs Picks
Not in a particular order, just how they are listed. I really just want to see how many I can get right.

East:
dh555
cjok1051
kinoa1
24kpyrite
copernicus
rubnsly

West:
benhoidal
gerryred
robusk
milest
pharrop
Midge

Just missing:
jcred5
pointfwd
mikee1
ysw128
7/5/2018 1:32 AM
Division rankings:
Midwest
Pacific
Atlantic
Central
7/5/2018 1:33 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
ODL68 Rosters & general commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.