White Privilege Topic

I'll also state that the term "white privilege", is immediately regarded as offensive to a lot of folks, but it is also typically misunderstood by people on both sides.

It doesn't mean that because you are white, you've had everything handed to you. It doesn't mean that you haven't had your share of struggles and hardships. It simply means that your skin color typically hasn't been the source of any of those struggles and hardships.

I find it hard to argue that (within that narrow definition only) white privilege doesn't exist.
8/25/2018 3:20 PM
I agree with you. Unfortunately CCCP and all3 are set on debating outside those terms.

I personally don't like the term white privilege. Institutional racism is better.
8/25/2018 5:39 PM
Tell that to the whites who live in inter-cities.

Don't worry though tang, posting it twice doesn't make it twice as wrong.
8/25/2018 7:07 PM
I don't know how I would be able to, I don't live in a big city. Can I try Wichita?
8/25/2018 7:09 PM
8/25/2018 8:00 PM

Barry White Privilege

I can't help myself if I wanted to.
8/25/2018 11:03 PM (edited)
Posted by Vitamin_C on 8/25/2018 3:21:00 PM (view original):
I'll also state that the term "white privilege", is immediately regarded as offensive to a lot of folks, but it is also typically misunderstood by people on both sides.

It doesn't mean that because you are white, you've had everything handed to you. It doesn't mean that you haven't had your share of struggles and hardships. It simply means that your skin color typically hasn't been the source of any of those struggles and hardships.

I find it hard to argue that (within that narrow definition only) white privilege doesn't exist.
This is correct.
8/25/2018 9:45 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/25/2018 7:09:00 PM (view original):
I don't know how I would be able to, I don't live in a big city. Can I try Wichita?
So you're admitting you are arguing about something you have zero knowledge about" Why do you feel the need to argue?

Sadly you really are sounding more and more like b_l every day. He usually uses his "I didn't need to see it first-hand because I have the numbers." when it comes to baseball, but you're doing that with life-events. If you haven't lived it and don't know about it, don't argue about it.
8/25/2018 10:42 PM
I've lived in many places for many years now. I know white privilege is real. I've experienced it in action plenty of times regarding myself.
8/25/2018 10:54 PM
IF that's true, you have reason to debate. I'm so freaking sick of Mr. Kansas arguing about things he has admittedly never been exposed to and has ZERO knowledge about. Heell, he can't even google poverty %s properly. These things after he got called-out on and caught making things up a few days ago. People like pizz me off. They keep trying to claim they are looking to do "good", while knowing (or they should know anyway) that all they are doing is being divisive.
8/25/2018 11:09 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/25/2018 10:42:00 PM (view original):
So you're admitting you are arguing about something you have zero knowledge about" Why do you feel the need to argue?

Sadly you really are sounding more and more like b_l every day. He usually uses his "I didn't need to see it first-hand because I have the numbers." when it comes to baseball, but you're doing that with life-events. If you haven't lived it and don't know about it, don't argue about it.
Yeah, it's not like my dad works with people in poverty every day.

I said I didn't know about white people in inner cities. When was the last time I debated about inner cities?
8/25/2018 11:41 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/25/2018 11:03:00 PM (view original):

Barry White Privilege

I can't help myself if I wanted to.
stop it, gomiami...yer cracking me up! LOL
8/26/2018 3:12 AM

^^^ THIS ^^^
8/26/2018 3:13 AM
Posted by tangplay on 8/25/2018 11:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 8/25/2018 10:42:00 PM (view original):

Yeah, it's not like my dad works with people in poverty every day.

I said I didn't know about white people in inner cities. When was the last time I debated about inner cities?
Please tell us about all the poor black folks you see in the middle of farm country.
8/26/2018 10:50 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 8/26/2018 3:13:00 AM (view original):

^^^ THIS ^^^
That is not their argument. Their argument is not white privilege. Bad luck is an idiotic monkey. Tang is an uniformed child.

Their argument is that being black is a disadvantage when compared to being white and I 100% disagree with that. Having one parent is MORE of a disadvantage and yet those two buffoons refuse to admit that. There are many factors that contribute to unequal outcomes and skin color may be one or may not be one. It depends on situations.

I have personally seen way more antisemitism than racism vs blacks. Hell colleges actively support people who are pro BDS and allow signs and marches. Media says nothing. Pretty sure colleges don’t support anti black marches.

Only an idiot like bad luck would not equate BDS to antisemitism.
8/26/2018 11:36 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...53 Next ▸
White Privilege Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.