Democrats are the YOU problem party Topic

Hope is not a strategy
11/8/2018 2:59 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/8/2018 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 11/8/2018 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/8/2018 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 11/8/2018 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, that is basically the definition of selfish.
So if I buy a computer for my daughter vs. some random kid it makes me selfish? LOL.
If you buy a computer for your daughter but then say you don't have money to help other people, that is selfish.
What? Are you serious? Her school requires her to have a computer. Because I have the means to afford it but not the means to afford and help people I don't know I am selfish?

wylie, what are your thoughts on this?
wylie....?
11/8/2018 2:59 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/8/2018 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/8/2018 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/8/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/8/2018 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/8/2018 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 11/8/2018 1:03:00 PM (view original):
So you want them "held in detention or released in the US" for "likely years"? Again, why pays for that? You keep posting stupid sheit just to argue instead of trying to make any point or answer any question whatsoever. Again, I truly hope you are not actually this stupid.
Pays for what? Detention? I'm ok with a release pending hearing if cost is your concern.
Release where? In the US?
Yep.
Fine. Can 10 stay at your house? Because few if any actually come back for the real hearings. No. You want them to stay at some nebulous place and have their kids educations be paid for by some nebulous $$. What if it is 1million people not 30k? Still OK? I thought you said border security was important?

You sound like you're pro open borders. See it is a YOU problem. But how about these illegals stay with you and you support them until their hearing. Would you still be cool with that? Make it a ME problem? I doubt it very much.
There you go making **** up again.

Almost all return for their hearings. They want to stay legally.

The law allows for asylum. Allowing people to seek asylum is 1) not "open borders" and 2) part of what makes America great. I thought that was your dude's goal?
So if 1 million people come to the US seeking Asylum all should be let in? 30% don't show up. The ICE stats are pretty staggering. All set. They need to do so IMO how my parents did it. LEGALLY. No burden on the US taxpayer. ZERO.

Before the Trump administration ended the program in June, participants had a 100 percent attendance record at court hearings. They also had a 99 percent rate of check-ins and appointments with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, according to a Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General report.

"According to ICE, overall program compliance for all five regions is an average of 99 percent for ICE check-ins and appointments, as well as 100 percent attendance at court hearings," the report said. "Since the inception of FCMP, 23 out of 954 participants (2 percent) were reported as absconders."

11/8/2018 3:01 PM
Posted by all3 on 11/8/2018 12:46:00 PM (view original):
What's going to happen to them all while the asylum process plays out? Who is supporting them? Who is feeding them? Who is addressing their health?

tang - you're being as totally moronic as b_l today. NOBODY is saying there should be zero asylum, just that there is a right way and a wrong way to go about applying for it. Dumber than that is yo claiming that everything we buy for ourselves or our family we should also buy for others. Even you need to see how loony that is. Is that how we support the caravan? We require anyone who buys a house once the caravan reaches the border to buy the people in the caravan one too? Any business that hires a new employee once the caravan arrives has to hire a caravan member too? Holy sheit that's off-the-charts idiotic.
so, who is supporting the caravan, feeding the caravan and addressing the health of the caravan while they are on their way?
11/8/2018 3:04 PM
https://cis.org/Catch-and-Release

According to Justice Department data from the last five available years, around 60 to 75 percent of non-detained migrants have attended their immigration court proceedings. That’s determined by subtracting the percentage of judgments entered against migrants in their absence (known as an in absentia ruling) from total judgments entered.

But it’s worth noting that in absolute terms, that’s nearly 140,000 non-detained immigrants who were ordered to be deported between 2012-16 because they were not present in the courtroom, according to Justice Department data. (Though some immigration advocates say that count is high.)

"On the overall question of the importance immigration officials should attach to no-shows: the glass is either half full or half empty," said Peter Margulies, an immigration law and national security law professor at Roger Williams University School of Law. Despite a majority attending their hearings, he said, "that still yields a significant number of no-shows (and) noncitizens unaccounted for."

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/26/wolf-blitzer/majority-undocumented-immigrants-show-court-data-s/

11/8/2018 3:05 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 11/8/2018 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 11/8/2018 12:46:00 PM (view original):
What's going to happen to them all while the asylum process plays out? Who is supporting them? Who is feeding them? Who is addressing their health?

tang - you're being as totally moronic as b_l today. NOBODY is saying there should be zero asylum, just that there is a right way and a wrong way to go about applying for it. Dumber than that is yo claiming that everything we buy for ourselves or our family we should also buy for others. Even you need to see how loony that is. Is that how we support the caravan? We require anyone who buys a house once the caravan reaches the border to buy the people in the caravan one too? Any business that hires a new employee once the caravan arrives has to hire a caravan member too? Holy sheit that's off-the-charts idiotic.
so, who is supporting the caravan, feeding the caravan and addressing the health of the caravan while they are on their way?
That is the 100k question.
11/8/2018 3:05 PM
So if I buy a computer for my daughter vs. some random kid it makes me selfish? LOL.
If you buy a computer for your daughter but then say you don't have money to help other people, that is selfish.
What? Are you serious? Her school requires her to have a computer. Because I have the means to afford it but not the means to afford and help people I don't know I am selfish?

pretty much the same as yours. Just because I can afford to buy my kid a computer, does not mean I should buy anyone else a computer. I don't think that makes me selfish. I can help others in any way I can (donate to charity, or something like that) but helping me, my family and my friends comes first before helping people I don't know. If that makes me selfish, so be it.
11/8/2018 3:07 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/8/2018 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Hope is not a strategy
I don't think the people in the caravan are really worried about a strategy. They just want asylum. They should be allowed to apply for it.
11/8/2018 3:10 PM
So you want them "held in detention or released in the US" for "likely years"? Again, why pays for that? You keep posting stupid sheit just to argue instead of trying to make any point or answer any question whatsoever. Again, I truly hope you are not actually this stupid.
Pays for what? Detention? I'm ok with a release pending hearing if cost is your concern.
Yep.
Fine. Can 10 stay at your house? Because few if any actually come back for the real hearings. No. You want them to stay at some nebulous place and have their kids educations be paid for by some nebulous $$. What if it is 1million people not 30k? Still OK? I thought you said border security was important?

You sound like you're pro open borders. See it is a YOU problem. But how about these illegals stay with you and you support them until their hearing. Would you still be cool with that? Make it a ME problem? I doubt it very much.

The law allows for asylum. Allowing people to seek asylum is 1) not "open borders" and 2) part of what makes America great. I thought that was your dude's goal?
So if 1 million people come to the US seeking Asylum all should be let in? 30% don't show up. The ICE stats are pretty staggering. All set. They need to do so IMO how my parents did it. LEGALLY. No burden on the US taxpayer. ZERO.
30%? That's wayyy higher than I heard.
11/8/2018 3:11 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 11/8/2018 3:07:00 PM (view original):

pretty much the same as yours. Just because I can afford to buy my kid a computer, does not mean I should buy anyone else a computer. I don't think that makes me selfish. I can help others in any way I can (donate to charity, or something like that) but helping me, my family and my friends comes first before helping people I don't know. If that makes me selfish, so be it.
Thank you, my logical friend. Tang is off his rocker.
11/8/2018 3:11 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/8/2018 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Yep.

30%? That's wayyy higher than I heard.
Hence I provided the link.
11/8/2018 3:12 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 11/8/2018 3:05:00 PM (view original):
https://cis.org/Catch-and-Release

According to Justice Department data from the last five available years, around 60 to 75 percent of non-detained migrants have attended their immigration court proceedings. That’s determined by subtracting the percentage of judgments entered against migrants in their absence (known as an in absentia ruling) from total judgments entered.

But it’s worth noting that in absolute terms, that’s nearly 140,000 non-detained immigrants who were ordered to be deported between 2012-16 because they were not present in the courtroom, according to Justice Department data. (Though some immigration advocates say that count is high.)

"On the overall question of the importance immigration officials should attach to no-shows: the glass is either half full or half empty," said Peter Margulies, an immigration law and national security law professor at Roger Williams University School of Law. Despite a majority attending their hearings, he said, "that still yields a significant number of no-shows (and) noncitizens unaccounted for."

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/26/wolf-blitzer/majority-undocumented-immigrants-show-court-data-s/

That’s all immigrants. Asylum seekers have a much higher rate of return.
11/8/2018 3:20 PM
OK, so can they stay at your house? Where would you like them to stay? As I said my parents were helped by a Jewish organization that paid for everything and my parents have repaid them 10x over. Who is sponsoring these asylum seekers?
11/8/2018 3:21 PM
Why do asylum seekers bother you so much?
11/8/2018 3:30 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/8/2018 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Why do asylum seekers bother you so much?
You just answered a question with a question yet again. The bad luck trick to get out of answering questions. LOL. You answer me and I answer you.
11/8/2018 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...18 Next ▸
Democrats are the YOU problem party Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.