The Ugly and the Uglier ($100 million) [Need 1] Topic

I can live with that, to be sure. I think I just need to replace one player to make it work cleanly. The point is that each player should only count toward one position, whichever that is. I think we could even submit our rosters with that designated, so I'd have to declare that Player C was on there as a SS, for instance.

The more I think about this league, the more I think the rosters should stay hidden until after we draft. If we all have to evaluate 24 (or 16?) rosters and figure out how to rank them, that's going to take a big chunk of time. Realistically, you'd need to input all of them and analyze them for strengths and weaknesses, because you can't tell anything from a list of names and seasons.

I'd even be fine with just a random assignment of teams. You get what you get and make the best of it. I'm not sure a draft is really needed.
9/18/2019 11:46 AM
I assumed the example given in that post, was legal. I count 600 PA for both 2B and SS. That's how I ran my Good/Bad/Ugly theme.
9/18/2019 1:09 PM
Posted by schwarze on 9/18/2019 1:09:00 PM (view original):
I assumed the example given in that post, was legal. I count 600 PA for both 2B and SS. That's how I ran my Good/Bad/Ugly theme.

If Player C's 600 PA counts for both 2B and SS, it's really easy to force a player to play out of position, which is not what I intended. If Player C's 600 PA is split so that 300 is allocated to SS and 300 is allocated to 2B, there really isn't a problem other than the potential for roster verification headaches. I'm ok with making that example legal, it's just that there is the potential for very complicated roster verifications.
9/18/2019 2:51 PM (edited)
Posted by redcped on 9/18/2019 1:21:00 AM (view original):
I'm looking at the rules again and realize the multiple position thing might be throwing me off.

Is it permissible to have something like this?

Player A: 300 PA, 2B only
Player B: 300 PA, SS only
Player C: 600 PA and plays 2B and SS, so in theory he can play 300 PA at each
I would think this would be fine. That's supplying 600 PAs at both 2B and SS.
9/18/2019 6:08 PM
I don't have anything overly complicated. I would say that if somebody does, they should send a sitemail with the PA breakdown, by position.
9/19/2019 9:50 PM
I think in my current configuration, which is always subject to change, I've got one player who would need to count for two positions. But it's less than 100 PA at one of them.
9/20/2019 12:15 AM
Yeah, my team as well is similar. There's enough PA to cover at every position easily if you use your bench and have the hierarchies set up correctly, so no player would ever have to play out unless you wanted them to. I'm happy to make this easier on the commish by sending a sitemail with the designations broken down.
9/20/2019 5:36 PM
It boggles my mind that this league didn't fill in like 3 days. This is going to be so much fun.
9/24/2019 12:35 PM
So we've been stuck on 12 teams for a while. Why don't we each build a good roster and put all those teams in the same league (i.e., AL)? We would manage out own good roster. The bad rosters would all be in the NL.
9/28/2019 4:08 PM
If you're going for 24 owners, I'll get in again. But ya, seems odd to have a separate 24-team league for good and bad teams. They should have to play each other.
9/28/2019 4:15 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 9/28/2019 4:15:00 PM (view original):
If you're going for 24 owners, I'll get in again. But ya, seems odd to have a separate 24-team league for good and bad teams. They should have to play each other.
Given how slowly this is filling, I'd be more inclined to go for a 16 team league and make the appropriate adjustments. If we can't even get to 16 I'll have to consider exactly how I would want to implement something similar to what schwarze suggested... assuming that all the other owners were on board.
9/28/2019 8:19 PM
I would not mind having a second team in the other league, but instead of just building a good team how about some stipulations?

Example keep 13 players from the bad team, twist them to whatever season you want, then pick up 12 new guys. Just an idea. I rather do something like that then just pick a whole new team.
10/1/2019 10:22 PM
those are all things I'll consider if we don't get to 16 (but I haven't made up my mind yet).
10/3/2019 1:12 AM
We're in.
10/8/2019 4:12 PM
Let's get to 16 teams.
10/14/2019 5:55 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
The Ugly and the Uglier ($100 million) [Need 1] Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.