Jon Gruden Topic

Posted by Jetson21 on 10/13/2021 3:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coreander on 10/13/2021 3:28:00 PM (view original):
I don't think it's responsible to make light of a suggestions for everyone to seek therapy, by describing it as "parody". I like you and see a lot of myself in you, Tang, but, still, I respectfully ask you to do better.
I don’t like your Schtick even a little bit.
If you have a complaint about someone say it as a person.
I don’t like your insults that you wrap in fake compliments.
And you won’t find me responding substantively to your fake posts.
I am not happy with myself for this lack of restraint although im less unhappy about it in your case but I see a lot of you in my cat’s litter box.
For once we agree. GG knows his arguments are bullshit. He repeatedly makes false predictions (remember the Arizona audit??), and then hides behind his troll account so he doesn't have to take the heat. He won't engage anyone in conversation because he's a ******* coward.

And he's also not even close to being funny. Like, you can accurately troll left wing people. Coreander doesn't even remotely sound like anyone in these forums. Lostnfound is closer to a parody and he's a real person.
10/13/2021 3:53 PM
Dino = Jetson
10/13/2021 4:00 PM
I don't think it's responsible to make light of a suggestions for everyone to seek therapy, by describing it as "parody". I like you and see a lot of myself in you, Tang, but, still, I respectfully ask you to do better.
I am not happy with myself for this lack of restraint although im less unhappy about it in your case but I see a lot of you in my cat’s litter box.
My identity is not a shtick. It's offensive to me how you assume my rejection of heteronormativity is some kind of shtick. Do better.
10/13/2021 4:01 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2021 3:53:00 PM (view original):
For once we agree. GG knows his arguments are bullshit. He repeatedly makes false predictions (remember the Arizona audit??), and then hides behind his troll account so he doesn't have to take the heat. He won't engage anyone in conversation because he's a ******* coward.

And he's also not even close to being funny. Like, you can accurately troll left wing people. Coreander doesn't even remotely sound like anyone in these forums. Lostnfound is closer to a parody and he's a real person.
Lostnfound is not even close to being a parody.
He has deeply held religious views that give him comfort and solace and he should not be criticized for it. He means well and he is not malicious.
And his beliefs are far more mainstream in the United States then you might believe.
You just don’t hear them much outside of like minded congregations or circles of fellow believers.

I may not agree but his views don’t bother me a bit.

I wish people would leave him alone. People need to accept that everyone is different.
10/13/2021 5:52 PM
Here here!!
10/13/2021 5:55 PM
Reminder that lostnfound has called for gay marriage to be banned and BLM protesters to be mowed down in the streets
10/13/2021 6:02 PM
Dino = Jetson
10/13/2021 6:20 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2021 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Reminder that lostnfound has called for gay marriage to be banned and BLM protesters to be mowed down in the streets
He is religious and he has every right to his belief that gay marriage should not be legal. It does not make him a bad person.

If you asked me if the KKK should be mowed down in the streets I may say no because I would not want the people who did that arrested but I can honestly admit that I would be overjoyed to see them mowed down
in the streets. And I would hope that it really hurts.

LNF is misinformed about BLM. But he is no racist. Not even close.
If he had the right information he would not want BLM members to be mowed down if he ever did say that. And I am guessing a certain incident that may have been overblown or even instigated by the Proud Boys and unknown to him could have set him off.

You should not look at things with the old TV ratio.
It is better to see things with a widescreen.

Im not saying that people shouldn’t be accountable to some degree for not seeking objective information but when they don’t, especially older people ,they Should Not be demonized.
10/13/2021 6:29 PM
You are blocking the author of this post, JetsonDino21.
10/13/2021 6:37 PM
What's the line for you? If he supported full-on conversion therapy? Killing gay people? At one point is a "religious perspective" not a shield for bigotry?
10/14/2021 2:45 AM
Jetson = Dino
10/14/2021 5:01 AM
Posted by coreander on 10/13/2021 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 10/13/2021 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/12/2021 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Maybe before defending Gruden you should read what he actually said, come back, and then see if you still want to defend him.
No need to Tangy! I can believe that the emails were offensive to most modern folks. Some of the comments I'm quite sure I would find offensive.
BUT, that's not my point.

He's NOT POTUS! Or a schoolteacher or a preacher, etc.
He's a f-ing Football Coach.
He's NOT person who we hold up as an example for HOW our children to behave.
Neither is Charles Barkley, as He so famously declared himself!

I expect football coach's to be insensitive, tough even. Callous, too.
It comes with the territory.

You think Andy Reid is a nice guy??
Or a good Father?
Family Man, etc.
I doubt it. Too much time away from the family..............coaching!
It comes with the territory.

The weakest among us are NOW calling the tune.
I fear for our future.
Just because I don't weigh lift or exercise or know how to fix my car or assemble bed frame does not make me weak. It makes me someone who rejects toxic masculinity. Male physical weakness should be celebrated
Haha ok this one was so obviously stupid I chuckled a little.

god what an annoying little gnat desperately in need of therapy
10/14/2021 11:12 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/14/2021 2:45:00 AM (view original):
What's the line for you? If he supported full-on conversion therapy? Killing gay people? At one point is a "religious perspective" not a shield for bigotry?
You should not apply those things to him because he never ever said anything like that. It is totally unfair and unwarranted.
I don’t know whether you realize that you make such leaps based strictly on assumptions a lot and then you are creating unfair accusations.
You should not assume that religious people promote violence just because they hold certain views.

If you would take a few steps back I think you will learn to accept the diversity we have ( North America )
of religious variety and non religious variety.

American Baptists for example do believe that the Bible teaches that you cannot go to heaven and just might or maybe probably go to hell if you do not accept Jesus as son of god or the savior. So be it.
They hold that belief.
However they also believe that the decision is in the hands of god only.
They do not support violence against non believers and they abhor it. They do want non believers to convert but that is because they truly worry that non believers will go to hell.

It is not my role or desire to insult or intimidate or try to change people holding non violent beliefs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people who believe that marriage is only for men and women as long as they do not disregard the law regarding discrimination and fair treatment under the law.
10/14/2021 11:34 AM
Dino = Jetson
10/14/2021 11:59 AM

You should not apply those things to him because he never ever said anything like that. It is totally unfair and unwarranted.

Did you miss the part where I said "IF" he believed those things?

10/14/2021 1:04 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
Jon Gruden Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.