The Future of GUESS Topic

What Alex said.
6/10/2023 7:47 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 6/10/2023 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Bob, I have a legit question. If we ALL paid you a go fundme page help guide someone to take over guess reports. Would you be interested? It’s such a valuable tool that I feel people will pay for your time to hand the torch over to someone else. And not just small donations. I feel like we could raise a healthy amount for your “retirement”.
LOL, if someone is just absolutely going out of their mind to give me money, I'm not going to refuse it. But as I said in the announcement, none of this is about the money, it's about time and effort and interest.

I am more than happy to talk with anyone that might be interested in starting their own version of GUESS.
6/11/2023 2:32 PM
Howdy, Bob. Been a long time on here.. Easily the biggest contributor to this site in all of it's history.. Can't even believe you are still around tbh!

You are THE man.

-Tys
6/13/2023 12:52 PM
Bob, Going to miss you and the site my friend. Ride off and enjoy your life. Thank you for everything
6/14/2023 7:01 PM
Posted by AlekTX2020 on 6/10/2023 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Bob, I have a legit question. If we ALL paid you a go fundme page help guide someone to take over guess reports. Would you be interested? It’s such a valuable tool that I feel people will pay for your time to hand the torch over to someone else. And not just small donations. I feel like we could raise a healthy amount for your “retirement”.
Before you raise a penny, you would want to get assurances -- iron clad assurances -- that GD and WIS were going to continue to exist for a certain period of time. There's no point to putting money into a sinking ship, eh?
6/15/2023 7:01 PM
thank you bob
6/20/2023 1:57 AM
6/20/2023 9:31 AM
Thank you for all the years of making the game more fun. Best wishes!
6/23/2023 6:08 PM
The WIS recruiting rankings and polls are absolutely worthless. I thought they were going to implement your rankings into their system? Was that part of the deal with your retirement? Sorry if this question was already asked.
6/23/2023 9:21 PM
NVM, I saw the answer to my questions in another thread.
6/23/2023 9:31 PM
Haven't been on the forum for a bit and just saw this. Bob, thank you for all the work that you did. Your rankings are one of the highlights to this game for me. I'm glad what you started will carry on. Thank you for all that you did for this game!
6/26/2023 5:53 PM
In case it is material, I'm far enough along in my research to state that I'm working on a replacement for GUESS. I can't claim to do justice to what Bob built, but I will do what I can to resemble it. I know WIS says they will include portions of GUESS. If they do great, but if they don't, I will try to add some value.
7/6/2023 9:48 PM
Posted the above from my dad's account. I am working to replace the unreplaceable GUESS. Stay tuned . . .
7/6/2023 9:50 PM
Posted by ebzimny01 on 7/6/2023 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted the above from my dad's account. I am working to replace the unreplaceable GUESS. Stay tuned . . .
As the new "man on the block", are you getting what you need from us? In the form of money, "attaboys", or whatever makes this all work for you?
7/7/2023 10:40 AM
Posted by ebzimny01 on 7/6/2023 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Great news, that's awesome.

I think WIS has referenced doing something similar as well...you may want to speak with them first.
7/7/2023 3:01 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
The Future of GUESS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.