Weekly overreactions Topic

If the committee wanted to make a point/send a message, they could put UNC in and, if they got smoked, everyone would say "Yeah, the had one test all year."    Then, next time a CC had a big upset, they could leave the winner out IF they had a poor schedule and say "One win doesn't make a playoff team."   Same with Iowa. 
12/2/2015 2:35 PM
Interesting talking point. If Arkansas had been stopped on 4th and 25 by Ole Miss then Ole Miss would be in the SEC Championship this weekend and not Alabama... what would the top 4 look like then?
12/2/2015 2:48 PM
Clemson
MSU or Iowa
OU
Bama

12/2/2015 3:09 PM
Not sure it would matter.    If Ole Miss had won the SEC, they'd be in with one loss.   Just like Bama.
12/2/2015 7:09 PM
Ole Miss would have 2 losses. 
12/2/2015 8:20 PM
Sig win over Bama, rematch win over FL.    Win over Ark(as it would not longer be a loss) and an inexplicable loss to Memphis.   They're in. 
12/2/2015 9:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2015 9:14:00 PM (view original):
Sig win over Bama, rematch win over FL.    Win over Ark(as it would not longer be a loss) and an inexplicable loss to Memphis.   They're in. 
So by that logic isn't Florida in if it beats Bama.  I mean it would have wins over Bama, Ole Miss, and Georgia and a tight loss to LSU and the loss to FSU.  I mean those would be better losses than Ole Miss and the wins would be on par. 
12/3/2015 11:41 AM
FL has completely failed the eye test.    Their offense has been amazingly inept over the last few weeks(since QB was suspended?).    Whereas you're sure SOS matters, I'm equally sure that the eye test matters.    That said, if they just crush Bama this weekend, they might have an argument for inclusion if there are a couple of other upsets. 
12/3/2015 12:34 PM
I was just using your logic that Ole Miss would be in.  Ole Miss hasn't exactly looked like a world beater either. 

And I've always said how a team looks matters.  It falls in that other category.  The main ones are schedule strength, head to head (both directly and common opponents), championships, and of course record.

12/3/2015 1:37 PM (edited)
SOS hasn't mattered.   Yet. 

So far it's been clear cut conference champs with 0-1 losses but, had it come down to Baylor/OSU last year, OSU would have won on SOS and eye test.   And, of course, you'd have screamed "SOS" while I countered "EYE TEST". 

12/3/2015 2:32 PM
Posted by moranis on 12/3/2015 1:37:00 PM (view original):
I was just using your logic that Ole Miss would be in.  Ole Miss hasn't exactly looked like a world beater either. 

And I've always said how a team looks matters.  It falls in that other category.  The main ones are schedule strength, head to head (both directly and common opponents), championships, and of course record.

Difference is that Ole Miss would only have one loss
12/3/2015 9:40 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 12/3/2015 9:40:00 PM (view original):

no.  Ole Miss would have 2, Florida and Memphis.
12/4/2015 8:15 AM
Posted by moranis on 12/4/2015 8:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kneeneighbor on 12/3/2015 9:40:00 PM (view original):

no.  Ole Miss would have 2, Florida and Memphis.
Quit trying to poison this thread with facts.
12/4/2015 9:44 AM
Today's winners:

Clemson
Bama
Stanford
And, in an upset, Iowa. 

Playoff match-ups:
Clemson/Iowa
Bama/Oklahoma

12/5/2015 9:21 AM
Bama and Oklahoma are now locks.

Clemson is still close with UNC.  And Stanford is looking good against USC, if UNC does manage to win and stanford continues like this they are making a great case to be over UNC, OSU
12/5/2015 9:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...39|40|41|42|43|44 Next ▸
Weekly overreactions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.