Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

Yeah, so that Luka pick - I dunno. I'm excited to use that 19-20 season in the ODL. but the D rating is likely not much higher than 50, and I wouldn't be surprised it it's lower. And the 18-19 season is certainly usable in this league, but not anything too exciting.
8/13/2020 6:48 PM
You know what? What if we had the option to opt out of evaluations? Maybe we should state whether we want to be evaluated or not.
8/13/2020 9:34 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 8/13/2020 9:34:00 PM (view original):
You know what? What if we had the option to opt out of evaluations? Maybe we should state whether we want to be evaluated or not.
I always appreciate someone taking time to evaluate/post on my team. I like seeing other points of view on what I'm putting together, and getting constructive criticism (and an occasional compliment the rare times I make a good move). A few digs are cool, I'll just have to prove everyone wrong for them to eventually take my picks seriously :)
8/13/2020 9:54 PM
I can appreciate that. I'm of a different mindset, personally. I'll have to make it clear that I don't want my teams to be evaluated from this point on. Should've thought of that sooner, would've made things easier for a while now
8/13/2020 9:57 PM
8/13/2020 10:04 PM
I won’t say anything about your teams from now on but I am rooting for you to prove everyone wrong (is that even the right phrase? A lot of people like what you’re doing). I didn’t like your Ewing pick at first, and then you explained it and I actually got on board which wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t (lightly) criticize it. I even like your Russ pick and said so.

I hope you prove your picks were the right ones. Last season, a couple people (you included) criticized my Harden pick and it felt really good to get within 12 hours of winning the crown with him. I hope that you’re in the final ~6 heading in to the conference finals so that you can show that your bold picks were the right ones. That said, I’ll zip it after this comment.
8/13/2020 10:11 PM (edited)
Making pretty good progress on the division stuff after hearing some feedback, but also **** Ben and Ash for making me spend like 4+ hours on it today when I have a ton of other **** I need to be doing. Now I have to work tonight and start early in the morning to catch up.
8/13/2020 10:06 PM
It was bold. I can’t imagine I’ll be using all of his minutes his rookie season, but he will play. Pippen and Magic both have a low usage season I wanted to use. I think pairing them with this season of Luka’s 36 USG on 53eFG would be a significant upgrade from my worst team this last season.
8/13/2020 10:19 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/13/2020 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Making pretty good progress on the division stuff after hearing some feedback, but also **** Ben and Ash for making me spend like 4+ hours on it today when I have a ton of other **** I need to be doing. Now I have to work tonight and start early in the morning to catch up.
We're diverting attention from building your team. Master plan.
8/13/2020 10:46 PM
Posted by ashamael on 8/13/2020 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 8/13/2020 10:06:00 PM (view original):
We're diverting attention from building your team. Master plan.
Ben could have at least refrained from picking the last viable backup for Durant and Drexler. No respect.
8/13/2020 11:02 PM
Do we have a rule on partial seasons? usable or not?
8/14/2020 8:21 AM
Pretty sure it’s: Usable but then you cant use the other partial or the whole from that year.
8/14/2020 8:31 AM (edited)
Right, would make sense you couldn't use both. Donyell Marshall comes to mind there...
8/14/2020 8:56 AM
Does anyone remember who that dude was that drafted **** *** **** in ODL as a “block” to other owners and then rage quit because he said the rules didn’t explicitly state you must use every player you drafted? Absurd in that he interpreted the rules that way and that he thought we were all thirsty for **** *** ****.
8/14/2020 9:09 AM
Posted by robusk on 8/14/2020 9:09:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone remember who that dude was that drafted **** *** **** in ODL as a “block” to other owners and then rage quit because he said the rules didn’t explicitly state you must use every player you drafted? Absurd in that he interpreted the rules that way and that he thought we were all thirsty for **** *** ****.
That seems like a viable strategy tbh, don't see the problem. If you want to handicap yourself by taking one less draft pick, just to prevent others from drafting a particular player, be my guest.

EDIT: Unless he just didn't put that player on us roster AT ALL, then I get it. I know I have drafted players in the ODL/DH and only used them for 3-4 mpg, wouldn't mind if someone sat one of their guys on the bench.
8/14/2020 9:34 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...43|44|45|46|47...132 Next ▸
Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.