PACKERS: Datone Jones is latest DL bust drafted Topic

Posted by mbriese on 1/23/2011 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by deanod on 1/23/2011 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Congrats, froggy!

I hope the Pack rapes Big Rape!
Totally. I want the Steelers to get to the Superbowl so I don't have to hear any more about Rex Ryan (whether he talks or not), but then I wanna see Big Ben get raped back.
Booyeah!
I'd have given you a thumbs up, but this new format only allows us 2 per day.
1/30/2011 3:58 PM
PACKERS WIN!!!!
2/6/2011 10:21 PM
Congrats!
2/6/2011 10:21 PM
oh man....was this today?
2/6/2011 10:28 PM
congrats, froggy!
2/6/2011 10:37 PM
Congrats Froggy.  As a Wisconsin resident for the past 12 years, I have taken a liking to the team (after they rid themselves of the QB personally responsible for not winning a championship earlier with his selfish crap).  I rooted harder for the Packers than I have for any team at any other time who were not named the Jets.  I really like the chemistry on this team, and respect the HELL out of Rodgers.  He had guys dropping certain long gainers, if not TDs, and NEVER once showed ANY disappointment.  Good leader.  Better QB
2/6/2011 11:11 PM
Oh....  and my $300 parlay on Bodog for the Packers -3 and over 46 hit for $688.  YAHTZEE!  I have to be honest.  I picked 44-24.  I didnt think it was going to be that close.  And likely, it shouldnt have.  But they covered, and easily hit the over.
2/6/2011 11:15 PM
Congrats Packers' fans!

Go Eagles whenever the next season is!!! (lockout pending)
2/6/2011 11:23 PM
Awwwww hell yeah. And we'll be back.
2/7/2011 1:39 AM
Posted by eschwartz67 on 2/6/2011 11:16:00 PM (view original):
Oh....  and my $300 parlay on Bodog for the Packers -3 and over 46 hit for $688.  YAHTZEE!  I have to be honest.  I picked 44-24.  I didnt think it was going to be that close.  And likely, it shouldnt have.  But they covered, and easily hit the over.
Peanuts! My guess is BIG KAHUNA had a 10 bet parlay that hit for 35000.00, but he lost 2000.00 when he hedged the last couple bets.
2/7/2011 7:48 AM
No dought.
2/7/2011 10:24 AM
Posted by danmam on 2/7/2011 1:39:00 AM (view original):
that, as the saying goes, is what they all think......

also, what major adversity did this team overcome? of the 5 or 6 players I have heard interviewed, they all seemed to mention "all that this team has gone through and overcome".....

lastly, although he didn't ask Rodgers to speak about him, did Bradshaw really have to mention Brett on the championship podium? he couldn't just let it pass by that one time?
2/7/2011 11:32 AM
Well, they had 12 starters miss a total of 86 games. Over the entire roster, 31 players missed 180 games. Only the '03 Patriots can compare as a champion in the last 25 years (lost 103 games from starters).
2/7/2011 12:26 PM
Yeah, it was all the injuries. The most notable two on IR were RB Ryan Grant (and with him went any hint of a running game til the Eagles playoff game) and TE Jermichael Finley (who the Packers spent the off-season building their offense around). But also LT Mark Tauscher, ILB Nick Barnett (leading tackler last season), OLB Brad Jones, and SS Morgan Burnett. And then the 2 top backup LB's, Brady Poppinga and Brandon Chillar, went on IR. It got ridiculous. Were just plugging some no names from the practice squad into the LB core...like guys with jersey numbers 49 and 93. That's how you can tell they shouldn't have been in.
2/8/2011 4:25 PM
Posted by edsortails on 2/7/2011 11:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by danmam on 2/7/2011 1:39:00 AM (view original):
that, as the saying goes, is what they all think......

also, what major adversity did this team overcome? of the 5 or 6 players I have heard interviewed, they all seemed to mention "all that this team has gone through and overcome".....

lastly, although he didn't ask Rodgers to speak about him, did Bradshaw really have to mention Brett on the championship podium? he couldn't just let it pass by that one time?
Really Ed???  You are a HUGE football fan.  Not just a Patriots fan.  But a football fan.  How can you ask what adversity?????

1)  In game 1, they lost their 1300yd running back for the season.
2)  They lost their defensive captain and playcaller in Barnett for the season
3)  They lost their matchup nightmare in TE Finley for the season after game 5 (and their best 3rd down option)
4)  They lost Mark Tauscher who protects the blind side of Rodgers for the season
5)  They lost Driver for 1 complete game and parts of 4 others
6)  They played most of the season with Brandon Jackson & freakin JOHN KUHN at tailback
7)  They lost the best QB in the conference (sorry Michael Vick) in a game they needed against the Lions and lost and consequently
8)  Went into the most important game of the season against the best team in the league at the time with MATT FLYNN at QB.
9)  Because of those injuries, they were 8-6 after 14 games and had to beat the Giants and Bears to make postseason

Even with all that crap.....  they lost no game by more than 4 points all season (6 losses by a total of 20 points) and were never behind by more than 7 points at ANY point in the season.  That is AMAZING.  I know you are upset that the Patriots laid an egg against the Jets (who are inferior to the Patriots, but beat them and were the better team on that Sunday), but you HAVE to give the Packers immense credit.  And Mike McCarthy elevated himself to the top tier of coaches (at least in my mind) with this seasons job he performed.
2/9/2011 11:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...47|48|49|50|51...65 Next ▸
PACKERS: Datone Jones is latest DL bust drafted Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.