Well This Is Interesting Topic

Posted by seble on 7/13/2011 1:50:00 PM (view original):
To clarify the initial complaint: the reason the recruit was not interested in Duke is because Duke offered and then withdrew a scholarship offer.  This was clearly explained in the support ticket response, but doesn't appear to have made its way to this thread.
He's ALLLIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!
7/13/2011 11:18 PM
Thought I would contribute...
In Tark D1 spent a good bit on a guy but gave up because the word on street kept saying he was tight with a sim... So I filled all my schollies and now because of that am of course no longer listed as being considered and the sim still is tight in the word, but just got an email saying...
"It would be a dream to play for you at VMI, but W. Kentucky is really after me hard too. I'd have to give you a slight edge - right now.

Robert Haynes"

7/13/2011 11:47 PM
Ok, I was a little too quick to take seble's pronouncement as good enough. After reading all these issues, something is wrong. Hopefully WIS will stop stone walling and look deeply into this, because some of these occurrences are pretty bad.
7/14/2011 8:30 AM
If ppl like emy and billg g say theres a problem there is a problem. 
7/14/2011 9:44 AM

Agree. Long time vets with much success could really help WIS keep the game working well, if only WIS would give them a consistent ear, and believe what the vets are saying, instead of only being brought to the truth, slowly and painfully. (Just like in tarek's time.)

7/14/2011 10:03 AM
You guys crack me up..... I happen to think Emy is usually right on, but he screwd this up and then didn't post the full CS response.... He got the correct answer (which has been in the recruiting process for a long time now!), and then chose not to tell the whole story and left 10 people to just go off in left field and decide the game is ruined.

Some of you, including him, obviously had no idea that #1 he pulled his scholly off the guy.... and #2. that he P-O'd the guy with that action.

Had he mentioned that simple fact in the beginning.... none of this happens because some of us who know that sometimes makes in next to impossible to once again get a recruit to then consider you would have chimed in and said so.
7/14/2011 10:09 AM
Why are D2 recruits rejecting home visits from an A+ prestige D2 school?

I've never withdrawn a scholarship from anybody.

My ticket from yesterday has still not had any response.
7/14/2011 10:22 AM
Posted by zags27 on 7/14/2011 10:09:00 AM (view original):
You guys crack me up..... I happen to think Emy is usually right on, but he screwd this up and then didn't post the full CS response.... He got the correct answer (which has been in the recruiting process for a long time now!), and then chose not to tell the whole story and left 10 people to just go off in left field and decide the game is ruined.

Some of you, including him, obviously had no idea that #1 he pulled his scholly off the guy.... and #2. that he P-O'd the guy with that action.

Had he mentioned that simple fact in the beginning.... none of this happens because some of us who know that sometimes makes in next to impossible to once again get a recruit to then consider you would have chimed in and said so.
Did you read his later post about getting the recruit to consider him later using a phone call, start, minutes, and a scholly?  That's $130 worth of effort and the guy who was "P-O'd" and should have been "next to impossible to once again recruit" began considering him.  That seem right to you Zags?  Sure looks strange to me.
7/14/2011 10:29 AM
And, if as seble explained, the withdrawal is processed immediately (which makes no sense logically because there is nothing to withdraw at that point), why would it show as "rejected scholarship" on the recruit history? 

Not that it necessarily matters, but the you can't have it both ways.
7/14/2011 10:41 AM
And I think the bigger problem, as has been ranted about for months, is WiS' absolute refusal to communicate.  I'm sure seble is busy and working on other projects, but it would even be nice to know that much.  If seble has no plans for making this game better, or thinks it's perfect as is, probably should just drop in to say "hi" from time to time.  It should be pretty obvious, even from reading this thread, that they are pretty close to losing some long-time veterans.  I don't see how anyone can be so busy as to not minimally appease their best customers.
7/14/2011 10:44 AM
Finally a response to my ticket regarding D2 prospects out-of-hand rejecting home visits from my A+ prestige D2 school.

Customer Support

"There is a known issue where the search will show a player that will technically not be interested in your school. A quick phone call should indicate when this is the case, We plan to fix this issue at some point"

Is this logical? I've never had to call a prospect in my own division first to see if he is interested. The response doesn't wash with me. I think I've been blocked out of a couple of good D2 recruits for no apparent reason. 
7/14/2011 12:55 PM
Posted by TRrrr on 7/14/2011 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Finally a response to my ticket regarding D2 prospects out-of-hand rejecting home visits from my A+ prestige D2 school.

Customer Support

"There is a known issue where the search will show a player that will technically not be interested in your school. A quick phone call should indicate when this is the case, We plan to fix this issue at some point"

Is this logical? I've never had to call a prospect in my own division first to see if he is interested. The response doesn't wash with me. I think I've been blocked out of a couple of good D2 recruits for no apparent reason. 
The logical part is where they acknowledge it is an issue and intend to fix it.  The phone call part is a work-around.
7/14/2011 1:35 PM
Yeah, that makes sense to me.  They are saying that the guy shouldn't have initially shown up on your same-division search.  
7/14/2011 1:44 PM
Likely correct.

However, they continue to show up on my D2 search and FWIW they are both within 70 miles of my school. 

If either signs with a lesser prestige D2 school I will really be dinked off.
7/14/2011 1:48 PM
Posted by TRrrr on 7/14/2011 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Likely correct.

However, they continue to show up on my D2 search and FWIW they are both within 70 miles of my school. 

If either signs with a lesser prestige D2 school I will really be dinked off.
I'm quite confident that they won't.  When this happened in Allen, the recruits went unsigned.  At least those that I knew were part of the glitch.

I feel quite confident that if other schools had these players available to them, they would have been signed.  In both potential and overall rating, they were too good to slip past everybody.

Not to justify it -- the glitch is maddening I used language in my "dialog" with CS that I never thought I would use after I got the complete runaround since they were still denying it was a glitch -- just to tell you the likely outcome.
7/14/2011 2:08 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Well This Is Interesting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.