Playoff Predictions Topic

Game 1 from James was by far his best shooting night in the series.  I don't think that is a coincidence that was the only game Irving played (and he played most of it).  James finished with 44/8/6.  I'm not sure he scores quite so many points going forward (by obviously not shooting as much) and probably doesn't have the ball in his hand as much, but I would have expected a more efficient series from him and something like 33/10/6. 

The Cavs were 10 of 54 from the field when James wasn't on the Court.  The rest of the team shot a "terrific" 37.5% the entire series and that includes Irving's 46% and Mozgov's 55%.  Take them away and the rest of the Cavs were 33%.  I mean Irving had 1 less made FG than Shumpert who started all 6 games and shot the ball 42 times in the series.  You can't win a series shooting like that. 

6/17/2015 11:37 AM
If you want to see a more assertive/central James going forward, that's one thing.  This "form" of his game where he dominates everything isn't sustainable, and is a bad idea if he's actually getting help.
6/17/2015 12:03 PM
Oh I agree, he can't play like that, but he wouldn't play like that if he had more offensive help either.  This was just a flukey series based on all of the injuries.  Imagine if the Cavs had full health.  I think they sweep, maybe 5 games at most.  If they all come back and are healthy for the playoffs next year, they should roll through the playoffs and win the title easily. 
6/17/2015 2:30 PM
I'll take the field.   How much?
6/17/2015 2:36 PM
Posted by moranis on 6/17/2015 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Oh I agree, he can't play like that, but he wouldn't play like that if he had more offensive help either.  This was just a flukey series based on all of the injuries.  Imagine if the Cavs had full health.  I think they sweep, maybe 5 games at most.  If they all come back and are healthy for the playoffs next year, they should roll through the playoffs and win the title easily. 
I was more responding to bkbillups who wanted to see that "form" going forward.  Should have quoted him.
6/17/2015 2:39 PM
The MVP vote was 7 for Iggy and 4 for LeBron. I think LeBron should have won it. That Cavs team was terrible and they ended up being competitive in every game.

As for Mark Jackson, it was painful when Van Gundy was talking about all the things a team needs to be successful and he refused to say "the right coach". The GSW fired a moderately successful coach 3 seasons in, and went from 2nd tier team to a title instantly. Mark Jackson had zero offensive gameplanning, which was just bizarre based on his playing career. Kerr let Alvin Gentry run the show and worked out greatly as they went from ISO ball to team basketball.

With the scorched earth final season Mark Jackson had with the Warriors, I dunno if he'll ever be a head coach again.
6/17/2015 2:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/17/2015 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Can't make a bet like that without explicitly defining what "healthy for the playoffs" means....

-no players absent due to injury?
-everybody playing?
-everybody playing, and totally free from any nagging injuries? (Is any team in the finals ever in this category? There certainly isn't in the NHL)
6/17/2015 3:31 PM (edited)
Posted by the_jsa on 6/17/2015 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Can't make a bet like that without explicitly defining what "full health" means.
Yep and you have to wait until the playoffs at the minimum.

Vegas has the Cavs at 9-4 next year, best odds of any team.  Warriors are 2nd at 5-1

6/17/2015 3:29 PM
Thunder are 5-1 as well.
6/17/2015 3:30 PM
Posted by moranis on 6/17/2015 3:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the_jsa on 6/17/2015 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Can't make a bet like that without explicitly defining what "full health" means.
Yep and you have to wait until the playoffs at the minimum.

Vegas has the Cavs at 9-4 next year, best odds of any team.  Warriors are 2nd at 5-1

It's not exactly the same bet if you wait til you see how things work out.   

You'd also have to define "easily".    Which, to me, is 1-2 losses along the way.

6/17/2015 3:44 PM
You have to wait for the playoffs to begin based on what I said though.  I mean you can't know if everyone comes back and are healthy for the playoffs until the playoffs actually are about to start.  And roll through the playoffs and win the title easily to me doesn't mean a 16-1 or 16-2 playoffs, it means no series going the distance and probably only one series hitting a game 6.  I mean the 72 win Bulls team lost 3 playoff games.  The only team I recall losing 1 game in the playoffs was the 00-01 Lakers and I can't think of any 2 loss teams (that doesn't mean they don't exist of course, I just can't think of any). 
6/17/2015 4:53 PM
Posted by moranis on 6/17/2015 2:30:00 PM (view original):
So this is basically bullshit braggadocio?
6/17/2015 5:11 PM
Posted by moranis on 6/17/2015 4:53:00 PM (view original):
You have to wait for the playoffs to begin based on what I said though.  I mean you can't know if everyone comes back and are healthy for the playoffs until the playoffs actually are about to start.  And roll through the playoffs and win the title easily to me doesn't mean a 16-1 or 16-2 playoffs, it means no series going the distance and probably only one series hitting a game 6.  I mean the 72 win Bulls team lost 3 playoff games.  The only team I recall losing 1 game in the playoffs was the 00-01 Lakers and I can't think of any 2 loss teams (that doesn't mean they don't exist of course, I just can't think of any). 
88-89 Detroit, 90-91 Chicago, 98-99 San Antonio lost 2 playoff games, 82-83 Philadelphia lost 1 (only played 3 rounds) 
6/17/2015 8:02 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 6/17/2015 12:03:00 PM (view original):
If you want to see a more assertive/central James going forward, that's one thing.  This "form" of his game where he dominates everything isn't sustainable, and is a bad idea if he's actually getting help.
That form of game is sustainable in the NBA finals, no exceptions, leave everything on the court.
6/17/2015 9:25 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 6/17/2015 8:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moranis on 6/17/2015 4:53:00 PM (view original):
88-89 Detroit, 90-91 Chicago, 98-99 San Antonio lost 2 playoff games, 82-83 Philadelphia lost 1 (only played 3 rounds) 
Thanks.
6/18/2015 8:43 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Playoff Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.