Recruiting Update - Schedule Proposal 2 Topic

Posted by seble on 9/16/2015 10:07:00 AM (view original):
It depends on how testing goes as to how long it'll take, but it will be months, not weeks. I hope that those of you who plan to quit would at least participate in the beta testing before deciding to hate the update.  There are a lot of premature conclusions being made at this point.
Thanks again for the information, Seble. A few months is the answer I was looking for, as I'm sure it will allow for sufficient beta testing and give Coaches like me the opportunity to gather as much info as possible. Even though there are a lot of "premature conclusions" being made, you have to admit that these aren't small tweaks...this is something that will drastically change a game where only a few changes are needed.
I'm not one of the best coaches, or even a very good one, but I love this game and will hate to see it altered.
9/16/2015 10:21 AM
this isn't an update. this is a completely new game - being pushed out to correct the problem with elite D1. i have no interest in D1, so please explain how this will - or will not - affect D2 and D3.
and point of fact - all recruiting, whether in real life or any sim sports game - is a 'glorified auction'. Interest shown in player = money spent on player. 

9/16/2015 11:07 AM
My break point for at least reducing teams is if its goiing to drastically increase the amount of time I have to spend on a day to day basis to be competitive.

9/16/2015 11:43 AM
Posted by a_in_the_b on 9/16/2015 11:43:00 AM (view original):
My break point for at least reducing teams is if its goiing to drastically increase the amount of time I have to spend on a day to day basis to be competitive.

+1
9/16/2015 11:46 AM

Honestly, the way it looks right now, it is probably going to decrease day-to-day time. 
9/16/2015 11:55 AM
Posted by tarvolon on 9/16/2015 11:55:00 AM (view original):

Honestly, the way it looks right now, it is probably going to decrease day-to-day time. 
And if that is the case, I'll be cool.

9/16/2015 2:02 PM

This is not the way I interpret the changes.....i believe it makes the game far more complex, which I don't believe it the goal of the update. HD is a great game, don't reinvent the wheel.

The jobs and recruit generation is what needs work. Create more players that can be great with development. Make it possible to scout for a H/H/H player with amazing potential. This is how lower teams can compete, just like in real life.

Making the game more complex also won't attract new coaches which is the other problem with HD. And I'm not talking about 100% capacity in each world, but 2/3 would be great (opening another world also wouldn't help the game in the long term)
9/16/2015 6:10 PM
Posted by joeykw18 on 9/16/2015 6:10:00 PM (view original):

This is not the way I interpret the changes.....i believe it makes the game far more complex, which I don't believe it the goal of the update. HD is a great game, don't reinvent the wheel.

The jobs and recruit generation is what needs work. Create more players that can be great with development. Make it possible to scout for a H/H/H player with amazing potential. This is how lower teams can compete, just like in real life.

Making the game more complex also won't attract new coaches which is the other problem with HD. And I'm not talking about 100% capacity in each world, but 2/3 would be great (opening another world also wouldn't help the game in the long term)
I don't think scouting honestly looks that much more involved, and spreading it out over weeks instead of two days lightens the load immensely IMO
9/16/2015 10:07 PM
I agree and if you have more than one team you can plan your scouting better. I had two teams last month start the exact same day with recruiting. With the new proposal I could split the days I do scouting instead of sitting in front of the computer for days trying not to mix up recruits.
9/16/2015 10:22 PM
I just don't see the reason for two cycles of recruiting. From a game perspective it's not needed, and I'm not sure if it's wanted. If this is somehow going to make WIS more money because it will somehow draw more coaches into HD or keep them more engaged in the midst of a bad season I guess that's good, but no way or reason to predict that will happen. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I just don't see scouting/recruiting changes as proposed enhancing the game experience, and if they don't make the game better, and they don't make WIS more money or draw more coaches in, then why do it?
9/16/2015 10:41 PM
This is a good way for me to run out my credits and leave the game. I have NO interest in extending recruiting through the season.
9/16/2015 11:23 PM
Posted by seble on 9/14/2015 2:27:00 PM (view original):
I doubt we'd go so far as having player "follow" a former coach.
why not?

seems like a real life factor. Recruiting is about relationships moreso than the actual school. A coach should retain a good portion of the effort he put in to recruiting or building a relationship with a recruit.
9/17/2015 8:11 AM
in my view, players following coaches would

1.  add a layer of programming effort that is not needed
2. raise a set of issues of game play and fairness - the potential for actions that would be troublesome - conflicts of interest.  Now there ARE such conflicts of interest for coaches in real life, but in an on line game they would hurt the game
9/17/2015 8:26 AM
Love the idea of in-season recruiting... it is more realistic, which should be encouraged. Also like the idea of shortening the 2nd recruiting period... I already think the one recruiting period is way too long to begin with, especially in 2 game leagues. Gets boring for a while and this fix of going to 2 recruiting periods would help to fix that.
9/17/2015 8:53 AM
How do top D1 teams recruit in season when they don't even know what their roster will look like the day after the championship game when the EEs leave?

I know Seble wants to jazz up the game but there are many dynamics that these changes will screw up that you won't understand unless to have teams at all divsions and multiple levels in D1.

Realism should not be the ultimate goal here. Unlike "real" college coaches, we have "real" lives. Too much complexity is what drove me away from Football Dynasty.
9/17/2015 12:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
Recruiting Update - Schedule Proposal 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.