best president ever Finals Time! Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2017 7:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/8/2017 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Wait, did they consider themselves American citizens?
CSA?
But not USA?
8/8/2017 7:17 PM
If your brother tough_, tells you, damnmy_ and no_ that he no longer wants to be in the luck family, would your first reaction be to kill him?
8/8/2017 7:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2017 7:20:00 PM (view original):
If your brother tough_, tells you, damnmy_ and no_ that he no longer wants to be in the luck family, would your first reaction be to kill him?
Of course not. And that point was never inferred or given.

Cain murdered Able.

You can go outside this house and mess all you want as long as you don't hurt anybody or break the law.

You clean yourself up before you come back inside.

Remember who built this house.
8/8/2017 7:27 PM
Is that really the same thing?
8/8/2017 7:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/8/2017 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Pretty much. Unless you want to explain how different it is.

Seems to me you'd try to get tough_ to reconsider. Explain to him that being a luck is good for him and good for you/your brothers. You'd negotiate with him. You wouldn't, six days later, move into a better killing position in order to prepare to take him out when you had more back-up. You wouldn't, say, move from the Moultrie room to the unfinished Sumter room on the water in less than a week.
8/8/2017 7:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):

Seems to me you'd try to get tough_ to reconsider. Explain to him that being a luck is good for him and good for you/your brothers. You'd negotiate with him. You wouldn't, six days later, move into a better killing position in order to prepare to take him out when you had more back-up. You wouldn't, say, move from the Moultrie room to the unfinished Sumter room on the water in less than a week.
I doubt it's the same thing. I don't have any authority over my adult family members. If they want to leave, I can't stop them.

On the other hand, the US government does have authority over the states and people within its borders. If Jimbo in South Carolina **** off, I'm starting my own country, the government has the authority to say no. If Jimbo persists, threatening him with force might be the right call.
8/8/2017 7:43 PM
Seems that the authority you mention is one of the things the states objected to. Care to tell me what harm came over those 4ish months before Lincoln started killing people?

Isn't the purpose of the POTUS to serve American citizens?
8/8/2017 7:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):

Ummmmm.............they did that from before 1820 and on.

You are guilty of what you accuse bl of. Pretzel logic.

I like how you stand up sometimes. Othertimes you're a jerk.

Right now you're a jerk. You can't defend slavery.

That's for the democrat party to continue to inflict upon us daily as they create the next Civil War.
8/8/2017 7:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Seems that the authority you mention is one of the things the states objected to. Care to tell me what harm came over those 4ish months before Lincoln started killing people?

You mean the authority to tell states they couldn't own people?
8/8/2017 7:50 PM
bad luck...once you feel like you said your piece...i would cut off the conversation......he is a stone cold racist.
8/8/2017 7:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):

The correct answer is...SLAVERY!

bl gets to pick the next category.
8/8/2017 7:55 PM

GREAT THREAD BAGS!

THANKS!
8/8/2017 8:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/8/2017 2:54:00 PM (view original):
The "problem" is people view the 1800s from today's viewpoints. "Own people? WTF?" Slaves were nothing more than livestock back then. They bred them to make better one. Seems insane today. But, in 1840, that's what was done. Hell, you could challenge people to duels with no repercussions(assuming you won) back then.
Incorrect. Most of the civilized world back then did not view slaves as livestock. Humankind was already "evolved" enough to see this brutality for what it was.

Currently, cops can open fire on citizens in 2017 with no repurcussions in virtually any circumstance despite evidence of wrongdoing. Seems insane, but that's how it is.

Currently, blacks are incarcerated at 1400 per 100k pop vs whites 275 per 100k. More blacks in jail that whites despite being a small percentage of the population.

Look back at the insanity of the 1960s. 100 years after emamcipation, blacks could be legally barred from any business or even government run entities.

The South insisted on being on the wrong side of history and paid the price. Where is your outrage against Lee for not surrendering in order to end the bloodshed?
8/8/2017 10:56 PM
8/8/2017 10:57 PM
Now...let me get back to enjoying my $800 phone developed by a tech messiah who made lots of ppl millionaires for buying a stock certificate, built with virtual slave labor and which will be dismantled in the future by some kid in china breathing its toxic fumes. All so I can do pointless crap like a sim game and not be un-entertained for like 2 seconds, god forbid. We humans are a very imperfect race eh?
8/8/2017 11:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...45 Next ▸
best president ever Finals Time! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.