Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

i think a key point in WIS's response is that their was widespread RS manipulation.

And no one has satisfactorily answered why, "morally", roiding up with 70+ WE's makes someone Damien Thorn, but roiding up with 8 to 10 WE's gets shrugged off.

Having said all that, i think WIS should've reset roided players back to their original ratings.
8/10/2017 4:08 PM
I'm also curious about their claim that this happened with many users. I thought there were 3 people who did it...
8/10/2017 4:11 PM
That portion smelled like CS BS.
8/10/2017 4:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/10/2017 4:46:00 PM (view original):
That portion smelled like CS BS.
But dismissing it as BS is basically shrugging it off. Then everyone goes back to discussing Damien. I mean, everyone in this thread thinks it's WIS BS? That would be surprising.

But maybe it's true?

Is it a 3.0 thing? Was this doable in 2.0? Maybe done across multiple worlds?
8/10/2017 4:51 PM
It's been shrugged off. The discussion of what should be done is over.

Smells like BS because, if they were going to research it, they wouldn't have started "Please report/confess if this has been done" thread.
8/10/2017 4:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/10/2017 4:59:00 PM (view original):

Smells like BS because, if they were going to research it, they wouldn't have started "Please report/confess if this has been done" thread.
Maybe WIS started that thread, and someone actually reported to WIS via sitemail (not in the forums) that it happened elsewhere, and didn't want to post it in the forums for fear of being blackballed on HD.

That's as likely a scenario as it just being WIS BS.
8/10/2017 5:18 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 8/10/2017 5:19:00 PM (view original):

Maybe WIS started that thread, and someone actually reported to WIS via sitemail (not in the forums) that it happened elsewhere, and didn't want to post it in the forums for fear of being blackballed on HD.

I reported a potential issue via ticket. They asked me to post the details in the forums, I declined because I didn't want to publicly blast a coach who might not have done anything wrong.

I thought the direction to make a public accusation was weird, but that might just be how they do in Ohio.
8/10/2017 5:28 PM
Perhaps they never intended to do anything and hoped a public blasting would suffice.

On this matter, nothing WifS states can be taken with any seriousness. They f'd it up. Good.
8/10/2017 5:31 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/10/2017 5:28:00 PM (view original):

I reported a potential issue via ticket. They asked me to post the details in the forums, I declined because I didn't want to publicly blast a coach who might not have done anything wrong.

I thought the direction to make a public accusation was weird, but that might just be how they do in Ohio.
That's interesting..

I get why you say that and I remember you posting his increases and he def used the glitch. Seems only fair if we are stringing up thewizard that we should get equal opportunity to burn this guy at the stake too.
8/10/2017 5:33 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/10/2017 5:33:00 PM (view original):

That's interesting..

I get why you say that and I remember you posting his increases and he def used the glitch. Seems only fair if we are stringing up thewizard that we should get equal opportunity to burn this guy at the stake too.
I respect your thirst for Ohio Justice, but no.
8/10/2017 5:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/10/2017 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Perhaps they never intended to do anything and hoped a public blasting would suffice.

On this matter, nothing WifS states can be taken with any seriousness. They f'd it up. Good.
While I'm not so certain that wizard "cheated" (and I'm not looking to relitigate that argument), this second paragraph is right on. It remains shocking to me that WIS didn't, at a bare minimum, reset the players to their original freshman ratings. That seems to be a punishment that would fit the "crime."

The way they've handled this issue from day 1 has been a total botch.
8/10/2017 5:44 PM
no pitchforks. no witch hunts. the discussion can end here . just simply wondering why it's shrugged off in one case(s) as a WIS lie and/or that roiding to only 10 WE is fine, while in another scenario the guy is worse than Damien and we have a 5 page thread on it.
8/10/2017 5:47 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/10/2017 4:11:00 PM (view original):
I'm also curious about their claim that this happened with many users. I thought there were 3 people who did it...
Benis : I haven't found any I faced in all worlds I play in. And I faced pretty solid teams. I don't buy that spread out thing

They just needed to reset the damn players since they thought they've made a mistake.
8/10/2017 5:52 PM (edited)
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/10/2017 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/10/2017 5:33:00 PM (view original):

That's interesting..

I respect your thirst for Ohio Justice, but no.
We're pretty backwater around these parts yo
8/10/2017 5:50 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 8/10/2017 5:48:00 PM (view original):
no pitchforks. no witch hunts. the discussion can end here . just simply wondering why it's shrugged off in one case(s) as a WIS lie and/or that roiding to only 10 WE is fine, while in another scenario the guy is worse than Damien and we have a 5 page thread on it.
Mr.10 STFU and disappeared. No idea how his team did.
Mr.80 said "**** you, I don't care. I made the NT finals. Kiss my ***, suck my dick and fondle my balls!!!"

See the difference?

Or, if you follow baseball, did Pettite and Clemens both use PED? How about Giambi and Bonds? They are viewed differently because of how they reacted and what they accomplished.
8/10/2017 6:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
Wake Forest #1 against UCLA #2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.