Anyone Skeptical Topic

Don't go away mad, just go away.
11/8/2017 5:25 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/8/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by craigaltonw on 11/8/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Hey Nate. I play this simulation bball game and it's pretty fun, hard but fun. You'd enjoy it. Come join my conference.

Oh yeah? Cool. I want a new game to play. What's the app called?
So if you were conversing with someone you couldn't just answer "Hoops Dynasty on WhatifSports. I don't think it has an app"?

Or would Nate go "WTF? I can't find anything without the app name!!!"?
yeah because whatifsports.com is so difficult to enter. You guys have an odd fascination towards native apps. Browser based web applications are just as popular.
I find this conversation interesting.

At first I thought, HD doesn't need an App. I think the functionality of the site on mobile works great and I have no problems with it at all.

However, it was a good point about finding the game itself. I know sometimes when I'm bored I'll look on the app store and see what are the top games and then at least take a closer look at them. Just another way of finding something that you didn't know you were looking for.

With the web, I would need to specifically look for this type of game. I would have started playing HD a LONG time ago if just randomly one day it popped into my head to look for a game like this. It wasn't until a coworker just happened to mention it to me that that I googled it and started playing.
11/8/2017 5:26 PM
But is it the best use of time/money to make an app for this game? Eh, maybe not. But I do think it could at least get some new players to check it out.
11/8/2017 5:27 PM
Oh and I have downloaded some sim game apps after playing HD and they all SUCK.
11/8/2017 5:28 PM
I do agree with the idea that they should at least try to post something - anything - just to let the people that play the game know that they are still involved. If I owned the company, I would pick one small thing in each game that could be fixed quickly. I would set a realistic timetable to have it fixed. Then I would sitemail every customer in every game and tell them thank you for having patience during this transition. As you know we have a number of games, and we are committed as a company to improving all of them. We are going to start by improving one thing in each game, and once we have done that, we will start over and continue to improve each game. This process will obviously take some time, but we wanted to let the HD customers that we are going to start by improving the drop down list of teams that are being considered by a player. We will have all teams show up on that list instead of just 10. Our estimated timetable for this improvement is somewhere between November 25 and December 4.

If I was doing this, I would actually have an internal date of 11/20, so that if all goes as scheduled, it would be early, and I could tell the customers that we were able to finish this ahead of schedule. Once that is finished, list the next thing that would be addressed in a similar fashion. This would get all of us psyched that finally things are happening, and it would probably bring some of the old users back.

Right now we all feel in the dark
11/8/2017 5:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/8/2017 6:32:00 PM (view original):
First, let's not assume "we all".

Second, that's not a productive use of time. I believe you either edit or run a newspaper. Would it be a productive use of time, or space, to put a half page/quarter page explanation of what you intend to do to make your paper better than the other guy, or the internet, once a week?
Status reports are very productive. It keeps whoever the audience updated in the current progress going on. In this case, it would make the customers feel more like they are apart of the enhancement process, even if very little to nothing has been accomplished. Because everyone feels more comfortable knowing that there is a set plan in place and what the goals for the future are. At this point, any status update would be better than the complete silence we are getting now. Hence this thread being created.

at my job, I have daily standup meetings with my development team, it’s great to hear about what others are working on and easy to provide assistance if any of us are struggling on a certain task. And we must also provide our coding plans for next work day. So I’m telling you from experience that it works pretty well if everyone is transparent.
11/8/2017 7:27 PM (edited)
So it's just for a "warm, fuzzy feeling"? That doesn't make it productive. Applying it to this site, if the WifS team is struggling with a task, they damn sure don't need our help. I know there are only about 20-25 posters in this forum but "we" can't agree on anything. That's not going to help WifS decide what is best.
11/8/2017 7:35 PM
Just dangle the carrot and keep us idiots talking and playing.
11/8/2017 7:36 PM
I think the team is not assembled and decisions haven't been made or we would have had some info on this site.
11/8/2017 7:45 PM
Warm and fuzzy would keep many of us paying and playing. But maybe they don’t care about user retention, maybe they are hoping Mike gets bored and frustrated then quits HD before they start improving the site.
11/8/2017 7:51 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 7:27:00 PM (view original):

Second, that's not a productive use of time. I believe you either edit or run a newspaper. Would it be a productive use of time, or space, to put a half page/quarter page explanation of what you intend to do to make your paper better than the other guy, or the internet, once a week?
Status reports are very productive. It keeps whoever the audience updated in the current progress going on. In this case, it would make the customers feel more like they are apart of the enhancement process, even if very little to nothing has been accomplished. Because everyone feels more comfortable knowing that there is a set plan in place and what the goals for the future are. At this point, any status update would be better than the complete silence we are getting now. Hence this thread being created.

at my job, I have daily standup meetings with my development team, it’s great to hear about what others are working on and easy to provide assistance if any of us are struggling on a certain task. And we must also provide our coding plans for next work day. So I’m telling you from experience that it works pretty well if everyone is transparent.
Do you invite your customers to these stand up meetings?

Seble has bigger fish to fry than mollifying customers who are sad because the EE process is working as intended.
11/8/2017 8:50 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 11/8/2017 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 7:27:00 PM (view original):

Do you invite your customers to these stand up meetings?

Seble has bigger fish to fry than mollifying customers who are sad because the EE process is working as intended.
Well said.

+1

11/8/2017 8:55 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 11/8/2017 7:51:00 PM (view original):
Warm and fuzzy would keep many of us paying and playing. But maybe they don’t care about user retention, maybe they are hoping Mike gets bored and frustrated then quits HD before they start improving the site.
Nobody is quitting now because of "lack of communication/attention". If so, they'd have been gone quite some time ago. How many times do I need to say this?
11/8/2017 8:57 PM
11/8/2017 9:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
Anyone Skeptical Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.