Vermont undefeated season Topic

Posted by next_man_up on 8/8/2018 11:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by npb7768 on 8/6/2018 7:59:00 AM (view original):
This should be getting way more attention. 3 championships in 4 years. One loss in 4 years, which happened in OT. At D prestige Vermont!!! Like others have said, probably the greatest accomplishment in HD history. Congrats again, just amazing. Also, I'd like to get you on my schedule if you're interested .

Overheard in Vermont locker room after the NT Game:

“He got me,” npb778 said of joeykw18's 3 National Championships over the last 4 seasons. "That f***ing Joey boomed me."

npb778 added, “He’s so good,” repeating it four times.

npb778 then said he wanted to add Vermont to the list of teams he would like to schedule an OOC game next season.

i laughed at your joke even though i didn't understand it.

I've complimented Vermont each time he's won a championship.
8/9/2018 3:59 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 8/9/2018 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by next_man_up on 8/8/2018 11:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by npb7768 on 8/6/2018 7:59:00 AM (view original):
This should be getting way more attention. 3 championships in 4 years. One loss in 4 years, which happened in OT. At D prestige Vermont!!! Like others have said, probably the greatest accomplishment in HD history. Congrats again, just amazing. Also, I'd like to get you on my schedule if you're interested .

Overheard in Vermont locker room after the NT Game:

“He got me,” npb778 said of joeykw18's 3 National Championships over the last 4 seasons. "That f***ing Joey boomed me."

npb778 added, “He’s so good,” repeating it four times.

npb778 then said he wanted to add Vermont to the list of teams he would like to schedule an OOC game next season.

i laughed at your joke even though i didn't understand it.

I've complimented Vermont each time he's won a championship.
It's in reference to this

Overheard in Cavs locker room after Game 7:

“He got me,” LeBron said of Tatum's dunk over him. "That f***ing Tatum boomed me."

LeBron added, “He’s so good,” repeating it four times.

LeBron then said he wanted to add Tatum to the list of players he works out with this summer.

8/10/2018 10:43 AM
Lol, ok, i legitimately laughed at that, thanks.
8/10/2018 11:41 AM
It's hard to believe it was more than 2 calendar years since my last championship with Vermont (it doesn't feel like its been that long), but happy we were lucky enough to do it again.
12/16/2020 2:29 AM
Yes big congrats brother. 4 for the patriot. All 4 for you. Very impressive
12/16/2020 7:11 AM
Beautiful! And as an 8 seed too?
12/16/2020 1:36 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 12/16/2020 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Beautiful! And as an 8 seed too?
9 seed, but who’s counting? A&M was the best team in the world by a decent margin I think, so getting past them in the second round was probably the biggest hurdle. Great accomplishment.

ETA, for those not yet in the know, the slowdown “ugly stick” has become a real go-to for beating insanely good teams. It’s overpowered, and probably should be dialed back quite a bit. But anyway, still a great accomplishment.
12/16/2020 4:32 PM (edited)
Huh ..lol....explain how slow down is overpowered? That has to be the dumbest thing a smart person has said today. It limits possessions and fatigue...that's it. There is no magic bullet in slowdown that somehow improves your shooting % or rebounding ability or anything else in game play.

Great job joey....no matter what tempo you ran!!!

12/16/2020 5:51 PM
Posted by joeykw18 on 12/16/2020 2:29:00 AM (view original):
It's hard to believe it was more than 2 calendar years since my last championship with Vermont (it doesn't feel like its been that long), but happy we were lucky enough to do it again.
Not to knock you in anyway because this is clearly one of the greatest accomplishments in HD.

However, what I think it even more amazing in this NC season, it’s almost been the same amount of time since your last NC, that you’ve lost a conference game. Can you imagine how that Sim felt.
12/16/2020 7:52 PM
Posted by rowle1js on 12/16/2020 7:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by joeykw18 on 12/16/2020 2:29:00 AM (view original):
Not to knock you in anyway because this is clearly one of the greatest accomplishments in HD.

However, what I think it even more amazing in this NC season, it’s almost been the same amount of time since your last NC, that you’ve lost a conference game. Can you imagine how that Sim felt.
HAHAHAHA.....losing that conf game to the sim was out of the blue. This was a pretty good team, so it was kind of shocking and it knocked me WAY down on the projection report. I definitely did a double take when I saw that I lost that one.....thank you for pointing it out, haha!
12/16/2020 8:05 PM
Posted by mullycj on 12/16/2020 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Huh ..lol....explain how slow down is overpowered? That has to be the dumbest thing a smart person has said today. It limits possessions and fatigue...that's it. There is no magic bullet in slowdown that somehow improves your shooting % or rebounding ability or anything else in game play.

I’m not making any claim to what it functionally does, though I’m fairly sure tempo also affects turnover rates. I’m just speaking to the way I’m seeing it used (in all worlds, by many users, including me), and the results. They speak for themselves, as far as I’m concerned.

Anyway, again, great job by joey for sure. No argument there.
12/16/2020 8:26 PM
First of all, big congrats to joey, a streak like this is incredible regardless of the circumstances. Building Vermont into a powerhouse is a major accomplishment. Somewhere in Burlington, Bernie is giving Joey a yuuuge thumbs up.

In this case, you can see where he has dominated local recruiting, where in the past, a lot of those recruits would have been reserved for vandydave at BC, or ojinga at UConn. Now BC has been vacated nearly a dozen years, and UConn has had 5 coaches in 15 seasons, plus 4 managed by sim."
9 seed, but who’s counting? A&M was the best team in the world by a decent margin I think, so getting past them in the second round was probably the biggest hurdle. Great accomplishment.

ETA, for those not yet in the know, the slowdown “ugly stick” has become a real go-to for beating insanely good teams. It’s overpowered, and probably should be dialed back quite a bit. But anyway, still a great accomplishment.
Shoe does tend to qualify his praise for Joey. Are you jealous, Shoe?
12/17/2020 11:19 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 12/16/2020 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 12/16/2020 5:51:00 PM (view original):

I’m not making any claim to what it functionally does, though I’m fairly sure tempo also affects turnover rates. I’m just speaking to the way I’m seeing it used (in all worlds, by many users, including me), and the results. They speak for themselves, as far as I’m concerned.

Anyway, again, great job by joey for sure. No argument there.
I'm with Shoe here... the ridiculous slowdown stuff in HD is a bit overpowered D1. And this comes from someone who has won 6 national championships running slowdown in the title game, and probably in 70% of the other 30 NT games to get to the title game. If you run slowdown you should be shooting *worse* from the field slightly. But in this game, it seems to be pretty similar.
12/17/2020 11:31 AM
Posted by Basketts on 12/17/2020 11:19:00 AM (view original):
First of all, big congrats to joey, a streak like this is incredible regardless of the circumstances. Building Vermont into a powerhouse is a major accomplishment. Somewhere in Burlington, Bernie is giving Joey a yuuuge thumbs up.

In this case, you can see where he has dominated local recruiting, where in the past, a lot of those recruits would have been reserved for vandydave at BC, or ojinga at UConn. Now BC has been vacated nearly a dozen years, and UConn has had 5 coaches in 15 seasons, plus 4 managed by sim."

Shoe does tend to qualify his praise for Joey. Are you jealous, Shoe?
Haha, the first quote you pulled was right before I decided to pull up stakes from the most successful dynasty I had - and passed up an opportunity at Minnesota, which is still technically my *dream job* - to take floundering, C prestige UConn, basically on principle. Joey still beats me for some recruits, but at least he has to fight for it. Sometimes.

Also of note, at the time there was prevailing sentiment, which we still see lingering in the forums from time to time, that 3.0 recruiting was going to lead to small schools doing this kind of thing routinely. This isn’t about detracting from the accomplishment or spilling his secrets, but more about demystifying the path to success. There are things successful coaches do, conditions they take advantage of to pull this off.
12/17/2020 11:50 AM
Haha, it was a cheap shot on my part. I didn't pull the other quote where you clearly just praised Joey. And I totally agree with you and cubcub on slowdown. You would think that at the expense of slowing the play down, that a few of those plays would end in poor shot selection as the clock expires. But I don't think that penalty happens, at least not in my limited experience.
12/17/2020 11:59 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Vermont undefeated season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.