World Rankings 2018 Topic

Thanks for doing this. Really excited to see.
8/18/2023 11:10 PM
It's looking like we will probably change the methodology a little bit to make it easier to update on a more consistent basis, but we are going to try to stay pretty close to the original so that comparisons are more like apples to apples (fun game, btw) rather than apples to oranges
8/19/2023 2:26 PM
Does anyone know how many total worlds there are at the moment?
8/20/2023 3:55 PM
Sneak peak....only 30 worlds in, but nice to see Moonlight Graham and Addicted Users still in the top category. So far Gibson has scored heads and shoulders above everyone else but I guess that's expected when they have little turnover (4 owners in 4 years), lots of different division winners, few teams winning or losing more than 110 games, and the right combo of records leadings to lots of tight division races.

Sad to see the state of a few worlds who have turn over in the 30s and always replacing 3+ owners each of the last four seasons we are looking at. They also generally have the most 110+ W/L teams, the least number of tight division races, and the least amount of different teams winning the divisions.

Not saying owners in those leagues aren't having fun, just might not be the most competitive of worlds.
8/21/2023 1:52 PM
It looks like 117 active worlds + 13 private worlds and 8 public worlds currently recruiting before moving to the next season.

So 138 I think. Don't forget about those worlds that are between seasons/currently recruiting when putting this together. I'm the commish at jjcincy Memorial, OCD and we're currently between seasons (2 spots to go!) but we're one of the original worlds and I'd be sad if we were left out.

Thanks so much for doing this!
8/21/2023 2:47 PM
Posted by dw172300 on 8/21/2023 2:47:00 PM (view original):
It looks like 117 active worlds + 13 private worlds and 8 public worlds currently recruiting before moving to the next season.

So 138 I think. Don't forget about those worlds that are between seasons/currently recruiting when putting this together. I'm the commish at jjcincy Memorial, OCD and we're currently between seasons (2 spots to go!) but we're one of the original worlds and I'd be sad if we were left out.

Thanks so much for doing this!
Yes I believe we have it on the list, but I'll double check.
8/21/2023 5:56 PM
Just did a quick double check...jjcincy is indeed on our list of 144 active worlds that I've found.
8/21/2023 7:36 PM
Didn't see Earl Weaver world on the list...
8/21/2023 9:44 PM
Posted by cal_bears on 8/21/2023 9:44:00 PM (view original):
We have Earl Weaver on our to-do list but have not collected any data for it yet. Should happen relatively soon.
8/22/2023 6:34 AM
Posted by cal_bears on 8/21/2023 9:44:00 PM (view original):
We'll also likely wait until your world series is complete, as it appears it just started the world series. That way we can include the most recent completed season in the data.
8/22/2023 9:29 PM (edited)
Thanks.
8/22/2023 3:57 PM
Not working on this daily, but nearly 90 worlds logged, but question for you guys. Is there a way to see a private world's rules? I'd love to had a little box to check if the league has some sort of MWR - just to see what effect it has on the competitiveness of the league.
8/25/2023 12:26 PM
I know we all love rankings, but this could have dire consequences for the lower-ranked worlds at a time when recruiting is extremely difficult. Just my 2 cents.
8/25/2023 2:43 PM
Posted by drummer_66 on 8/25/2023 2:43:00 PM (view original):
I know we all love rankings, but this could have dire consequences for the lower-ranked worlds at a time when recruiting is extremely difficult. Just my 2 cents.
I'd be curious if the original rankings had any effects on recruitment. But that said, for someone looking for a league to join I'd much rather have additional information on the league before committing to it, but then again I wish WIS made it easier to review league info and teams before selecting a team. If I was choosing between two leagues and one constantly had to find 3+ replacements every year and there was a huge spread between top and bottom teams in one versus the other; I'd welcome the info. Healthier, more competitive leagues will strive; as they should.
8/25/2023 2:58 PM
Agreed.
8/25/2023 6:10 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
World Rankings 2018 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.