What should "your" team do Topic

Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 24kpyrite on 6/13/2018 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Man, this seems to be a lot of wasted typing. LeBron going to Phoenix? GTFOH
why?
It makes zero sense from a championship or entrepreneurial standpoint for him to go there. He is likely to sign a 1 year contract. Phoenix is not a logical destination this year nor probably at least the next 2 offseasons.
6/13/2018 6:02 PM
I see only one scenario in which Bron goes to Boston...which would be the best fit in my opinion - three team deal.
1. Celtics send Kyrie to Knicks and one of their picks to Cavs, get LeBron
2. Knicks send pick (picks?) to Cavs, get Kyrie
3. Cavs send LeBron after he forces sign and trade, get 2-3 picks, build from scratch.

I personally, as a fan, would like to see that scenario, as it would give us Finals worth watching. Also, as I said, that would be the best fit basketball-wise for LeBron. There are two questions regarding this scenario - is Danny Ainge ready to lose Kyrie? Does Lebron want to live in Boston and play for his long time rival?

If he goes to the Western Conference, I would love to see him go to Spurs and play with Kawhi and Pop, given Kawhi stays.

In the end, there is no perfect situation at this point so it will be very interesting where he ends up.
6/13/2018 6:11 PM
Wolves.

Dear God find someone dumb enough to take Wiggins off their hands. (Hi, Charlotte, we'll trade Wiggins and Teague for Kemba and whichever bad contract you want, Batum? Sure, have fun with Andrew!)
Resign Belly.
Trade Dieng for a wing - Brooklyn probably, Crabbe or Carroll is fine.
Fire Thibs. He is a cancerous bore, a wretched human who hasn't evolved past 2011. Have him take his binky Rose with him. Then show him a Rubio and Teague comparison.
Call KAT and apologize for Thibs.
Draft a wing.
Pray.

Kemba/Butler/Batum/Belly/KAT can work alright, and if KAT takes that next step.... Then Tyus/Taj/rookie wing/Brooklyn wing off the bench. Not awful.

But they won't fire Thibs or find anyone to take Wiggins so whatever.

Hope KAT goes somewhere that gives him the national credit he deserves.
6/13/2018 6:13 PM
Posted by patricije on 6/13/2018 6:11:00 PM (view original):
I see only one scenario in which Bron goes to Boston...which would be the best fit in my opinion - three team deal.
3. Cavs send LeBron after he forces sign and trade, get 2-3 picks, build from scratch.

I personally, as a fan, would like to see that scenario, as it would give us Finals worth watching. Also, as I said, that would be the best fit basketball-wise for LeBron. There are two questions regarding this scenario - is Danny Ainge ready to lose Kyrie? Does Lebron want to live in Boston and play for his long time rival?

If he goes to the Western Conference, I would love to see him go to Spurs and play with Kawhi and Pop, given Kawhi stays.

In the end, there is no perfect situation at this point so it will be very interesting where he ends up.
Knicks have to send out some sort of salary
6/13/2018 6:15 PM
I definitely do not see LeBron going to Phoenix as Suns don't check any of the boxes next to LeBron's requirements.

In my opinion, by hearing him talk, two of the most important things are:

1. City
2. Team that has a legit chance to win, that has, not just skilled players, but players (coach?) with the "mind" (as he said) to win.

1. LA or Cleveland, maybe Miami are clearly on top
2. Boston, San Antonio in my opinion

The question is, does he think LA has good enough players, with right basketball mind to win chips (they are very young and inexperienced). What is his opinion on Ball situation? What is his opinion on Luke Walton as a coach?
To try to answer the first question I will say that if they get both PG13 and LeBron, only three players from last season would stay - Kuzma, Ingram and Lonzo...and then Magic and he could pick the rest of the squad...sign proven veterans, role players, for veteran minimum.
As I said it will be very interesting. :)
6/13/2018 6:27 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 3:45:00 PM (view original):
At this moment, Ball and Ingram being considered better talents than Booker, now or in the future, is a product of how much the league loves and needs the Lakers. It’s not actually true, though.
It's actually more about how all of them have question marks still. Ingram probably has the best chance of being a starter on a champion contender.

Booker isn't even that efficient and is learning some terrible traits. And can't guard ****. Jackson had an awful year at the rim and only looked better in the second half cause he got more minutes - counting stats went up, that's all. Chriss is ******* awful, big ole busty bust there.

Also, Ayton looks like could be really, really good - and Phoenix would be committing an Oden-like mistake picking him over Luka.
6/13/2018 6:28 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 6:15:00 PM (view original):

I am sure they could figure something out. :)
6/13/2018 6:34 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/13/2018 6:28:00 PM (view original):
At this moment, Ball and Ingram being considered better talents than Booker, now or in the future, is a product of how much the league loves and needs the Lakers. It’s not actually true, though.
It's actually more about how all of them have question marks still. Ingram probably has the best chance of being a starter on a champion contender.

Booker isn't even that efficient and is learning some terrible traits. And can't guard ****. Jackson had an awful year at the rim and only looked better in the second half cause he got more minutes - counting stats went up, that's all. Chriss is ******* awful, big ole busty bust there.

Also, Ayton looks like could be really, really good - and Phoenix would be committing an Oden-like mistake picking him over Luka.
no to all of this, but I’m certainly not changing your mind
6/13/2018 6:36 PM
Posted by patricije on 6/13/2018 6:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 6:15:00 PM (view original):

I am sure they could figure something out. :)
I know a guy.

6/13/2018 6:38 PM
Knicks are kind of strapped right now - gonna take more than stretching Yannick's kid
6/13/2018 6:47 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2018 6:36:00 PM (view original):

Chriss is a bust, Jackson had a bad rookie year, Booker is a gunner who can't do anything else on a ****** team. These are pretty obviously laid out in the stats.

Ayton/Doncic is really the only opinion there. And no, you won't change my mind.
6/13/2018 6:53 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 6/13/2018 6:53:00 PM (view original):

Chriss is a bust, Jackson had a bad rookie year, Booker is a gunner who can't do anything else on a ****** team. These are pretty obviously laid out in the stats.

Ayton/Doncic is really the only opinion there. And no, you won't change my mind.
Chriss is now 20, Jackson had his moments, Booker is a heck of an isolation player and shooter and scorer. The team is not bad because of Booker, if that’s your insinuation. He’s doing his part, even with rebounding and passing.
6/13/2018 7:02 PM
That wasn't close to my insinuation.

I said Booker is a gunner who doesn't do anything else, Jackson was bad last season, and Chriss is a bust.
6/13/2018 7:09 PM
LeBron sweepstakes

My money is on him staying put this year in Cleveland(Which based on my gambling record means he will leave). They can see what they can get for Love, I'm sure some team will overspend. They deal the Brooklyn pick for someone else. Replace JR with one of the 40 other players that are twice as good at what he does. Staying put this year makes sense, simply because the East is a much easier trip to the finals. I believe the team was in disarray after IT didn't work out and they can use this offseason to try and tinker with the roster.

That being said, the Celtics, Rockets, and 76ers are intriguing spots, but I'm most intrigued by San Antonio. LeBron has a great relationship with Pop and Pop can use him to try and get Kawhi to stay. The Spurs can't lose Kawhi and Lebron can try and mend the fences. I don't keep up with salary cap so I'm unsure what they would need to do, but Spurs are my most intriguing pick. Again though, the East is an easier shot to finals to extend his streak, so Cleveland makes most sense to myself.
I still think he signs a 1 year deal wherever he goes and we will be talking about this again next offseason.
6/13/2018 7:48 PM

Every single other person who has posted about Phoenix says the same thing - opposite of you, yet you insist you are correct. Maybe you should consider that it is you who needs to change their mind.
6/14/2018 9:29 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...20 Next ▸
What should "your" team do Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.