FC Dynasty Cup III-Aurea Cruce Aquilonis, Champion Topic

Aquilonis takes the opening match 5-2, reducing the entire tournament to a simple calculation as the teams fly back to Canada.

If Wolves wins tomorrow's game by 4+ goals, they will be the Champion. A 3 goal victory by Wolves will force a tiebreaker game (at Wolves home field) and any other result will give the crown to Aquilonis.
11/7/2019 3:19 PM
Great job! i have to improve my team to compete!
11/7/2019 10:41 PM
This will be the final FC Dynasty Cup III post, officially ending the competition. Of course, additional feedback or tournament comments are always welcome. Please post them here or send me a sitemail.

With 26 teams from 11 worlds covering seven weeks (if you include the sign-up phase,) this tournament was, once again, a smooth operation. I can do all the organization in the universe and nothing works without all of the participants being dedicated. My sincere thanks to all of you for making FC Dynasty Cup III another success.

Between now and the start of the next tournament, I am going to construct a FC Dynasty Cup Historical Records thread that will contain all of the combined stats from the Cup tournaments. I'll be tracking records by team, world, nation and individual goal scoring. I'm still deciding on the format. As each tournament completes, the historical stats thread will be updated. It will also serve as some free advertisement between competitions. I'm going to ask WIS to pin the Records thread. We'll see how that goes.

Based on the way the calendar is setting up, scottml will have some time to polish his trophy and bask in the aura of his greatness. With all of the holidays coming up, FC Dynasty Cup IV will probably begin the sign-up phase a week or so after New Year's Day and the Group Stage competition before February 2020. In the meantime, enjoy your individual world play. I hope to see all of you again in the next tournament and please pass the word to fellow FC Dynasty players that may not know about the Cup.

Until next time, when a new set of teams spanning the FC Dynasty universe get together to contest the ultimate prize - the FC Dynasty Cup!

See you in January.
11/8/2019 8:36 AM (edited)

Outside of Aquilonis Stadium, there is a building called Aurea Sala. This building contains awards and memorabilia commemorating the high points in the history of Aurea Cruce Aquilonis. Much of the space inside Aurea Sala is dedicated to 26 Ekstraklasa championship trophies. Now, though, a place of highest honor is being prepared for the FCD Cup III trophy!

It was the level and depth of the competition that make this trophy dearer than the rest. Aquilonis got everything they could handle from the other teams in group D. Then Koln of Germany, the Bodysnatchers of Detroit, and especially Wolves of Canada presented tough tests for Aquilonis in the elimination rounds. Congratulations to them all for their strong showings at the Cup! Congratulations also to Swamp City Dragons for making it to two straight Cup semifinals. That is the kind of consistent high performance that I hope to emulate. Finally, thank you once again to Cup organizer gomiami1972.

I know that scoring 50 goals, including 13 goals from Dayquan Montano alone, in 12 Cup games against such elite competition was catching lightning in a bottle. Such a Cup scoring feast may happen again for somebody, but I don't anticipate anything like that happening again for my guys. Nonetheless, I am determined that my team make a strong showing as defending champs at the next Cup. If my club should ever be lucky enough to win another Cup championship, Aurea Sala will be expanded and will buy Polish trophy polish in bulk!

See you all next year,

--scottml
Aurea Cruce Aquilonis
11/9/2019 5:59 AM
◂ Prev 12345
FC Dynasty Cup III-Aurea Cruce Aquilonis, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.