Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

Posted by dBKC on 8/5/2020 5:26:00 PM (view original):
The suspense is killing me. I honestly can’t call this pick.

*checks my mock draft*

oh wait, I can’t call any of them.
haha

Yeah, I was just saying how I am on the edge of my seat here.
8/5/2020 5:31 PM
actually just thought of a 2nd guy I could totally see cmc picking at 16... and it's another excellent prospect. This draft is so loaded.
8/5/2020 5:51 PM
Posted by ashamael on 8/5/2020 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 8/5/2020 5:26:00 PM (view original):
The suspense is killing me. I honestly can’t call this pick.

*checks my mock draft*

oh wait, I can’t call any of them.
haha

Yeah, I was just saying how I am on the edge of my seat here.
You are on the edge of your seat?! Imagine having a contingent deal in place for the pick
8/5/2020 6:13 PM (edited)
Posted by bds9992 on 8/5/2020 5:08:00 PM (view original):
I felt like the guy amerk picked was definitely a pex guy. Almost every pick since six has been flipped from what I predicted.
Oh pex WANTED him! Gave me multiple chances to change my mind lol. If we could deal for picks from a different round, I would've definitely let him have him if I could deal a 6th for a 5th or 5th for a 4th or whatever.
8/5/2020 6:39 PM
Who said I was bad at mocking? I get mocked all the time.
8/5/2020 6:53 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 8/5/2020 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Who said I was bad at mocking? I get mocked all the time.
Your first round looked really good, and you're currently 2nd behind Robusk and ahead of ben, dbkc, and me, and I would be stunned if I end up with more right than you.
8/5/2020 8:03 PM
I'm really not going to insist that anyone get publicly shamed as robusk suggested. Only if they feel like it ;)
8/5/2020 8:21 PM
You can shame me. I only got the first 4 right and the first 3 were set in stone.

You can also shame Ash. He didn’t even get his own pick right.
8/5/2020 8:36 PM (edited)
Posted by dBKC on 8/5/2020 8:36:00 PM (view original):
You can shame me. I only got the first 4 right and the first 3 were set in stone.

And then there’s robusk, who is the only one who didn’t have Kevin Durant being drafted by robusk.
8/5/2020 8:49 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 8/5/2020 8:49:00 PM (view original):

And then there’s robusk, who is the only one who didn’t have Kevin Durant being drafted by robusk.
He did go 6th last time to a team who made the playoffs in all five worlds. Not crazy to think he would be gone by then.
8/5/2020 8:53 PM

hahahahahha
8/5/2020 8:57 PM
my round 1 tiers looked like this...

lebron - cheat code

wilt? - i guess i have him here for now...could end up challenging lebron for 1 or might drop a tier by next season for me...its hard to know what his impact is gonna be in this league...the different levels of usg will make him harder to build around then other top picks

curry - lower mins but super high impact...no one comes close as a 3pt shooter
shaq - best paint scorer
kareem - 3 mvps...nuff said

dwight - 5 monster seasons with consistent defense and rebounding at the 4/5
k malone - true #1 scorer with big time mins
cp3 - everything you could want in a pg

mj - lack of 3s is the only thing dropping him to this tier
drob - 6/7 really good high min seasons to choose from...his defense puts him ahead of the next two in this tier
barkley - 3 monster seasons at sf and as pex showed, his pf seasons work quite well too
durant - amazing #1 scorer but lower mins in some of his best seasons...dont like playing him at sg either so reb could be a concern

those were the 12 i was really hoping would drop...not surprised that they didnt
theres one more undrafted name that should probably be right after durant...i couldnt bring myself to draft him tho...dont wanna live in _____'s shadow haha

after that i had about 9 names i was considering...i wavered until the end but larry legend was always the top choice...bird gives me 5 seasons at 36-38 mpg as a #1/2 scorer with elite ast% and really good dreb% at sf...64/76/77/80/90 d is flexible across 2-4...hes a really solid starting point...ill need to hit big on my 2/3 picks tho...larry isnt gonna carry my teams like kareem did
8/5/2020 10:10 PM (edited)
If my boy is still on the board in a few picks, I’ll probably be willing to trade my position (with Curry) for your position. Not ready quite yet, but if he falls a bit more I might.
8/5/2020 10:06 PM
thank god Ben didn't get giannis
8/5/2020 10:09 PM
Posted by ashamael on 8/5/2020 10:09:00 PM (view original):
thank god Ben didn't get giannis
all about that 19-20 release with giannis...its gonna be close...draft took two weeks last time and the nba season is over on the 17th i think?

still good without it but that 5th season of his is kinda weak right now
8/5/2020 10:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...132 Next ▸
Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.