Posted by coreander on 10/7/2020 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Do you want me to cite some of the most prominent academics in the field to prove that you're wrong? Because I can. I am writing my thesis on this very subject. And have read more books by social scientists in the past 3 years than you probably have in your life. Definitions change. It's important to keep up to date
No, I just want you to shut up. Oh, and you better watch it. You referred to yourself as me and I. I thought you were we and us???
10/7/2020 3:32 PM
Are you joking about the pronoun thing, wylie? If not... uh... that's not how they/them pronouns work.
10/7/2020 3:54 PM
Do you want me to cite some of the most prominent academics in the field to prove that you're wrong? Because I can. I am writing my thesis on this very subject. And have read more books by social scientists in the past 3 years than you probably have in your life. Definitions change. It's important to keep up to date
Do you want me to cite some of the most prominent academics in the field to prove that you're wrong? Because I can.

It's a hotly debated question in academic and popular circles. Acting like it's a closed question is extremely academically dishonest.
10/7/2020 4:02 PM
You just said that you could prove him wrong but said it is foolish to call it a closed question and it is hotly debated.
10/7/2020 4:21 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2020 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Do you want me to cite some of the most prominent academics in the field to prove that you're wrong? Because I can.

It's a hotly debated question in academic and popular circles. Acting like it's a closed question is extremely academically dishonest.
It is only "debated" among old white men who are rapidly losing influence and credibility in the field. I have been studying race relations and social justice for 3+ years and not one professor has presented this as a question still under debate. Go back to foxnews
10/7/2020 4:53 PM
not one professor out of how many? Just because your professors haven't said it is an issue for debate, that does not make it so. Go back wherever it is you came from.
10/7/2020 6:08 PM (edited)
Posted by tangplay on 10/7/2020 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Are you joking about the pronoun thing, wylie? If not... uh... that's not how they/them pronouns work.
how the hell would I know how they/them pronouns work? And I know I saw another post from coreander where he/she/they/it referred to himself/herself/ themselves and us and we. If you ask me the whole thing is a joke, but as coreander will be happy to tell you, I am a white, middle class, racist centrist.
10/7/2020 6:07 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/7/2020 6:07:00 PM (view original):
how the hell would I know how they/them pronouns work? And I know I saw another post from coreander where he/she/they/it referred to himself/herself/ themselves and us and we. If you ask me the whole thing is a joke, but as coreander will be happy to tell you, I am a white, middle class, racist centrist.
I think it's pretty simple. If they want to be called they/them, call them they/them.
10/7/2020 6:43 PM
Right? It's the easiest thing in the world. Thank you, tang.
10/7/2020 6:47 PM
10/7/2020 6:54 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/7/2020 6:43:00 PM (view original):
I think it's pretty simple. If they want to be called they/them, call them they/them.
so, I have to call them they/them, but it's okay when they call themselves I or me?
10/7/2020 7:16 PM
I've decided I'd like to be called Our Lord and master Wylie. Please do so.
10/7/2020 7:19 PM
sorry bud

you don get no say what others call you around here

it will always be kai-oat

10/7/2020 7:59 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/7/2020 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/7/2020 6:43:00 PM (view original):
so, I have to call them they/them, but it's okay when they call themselves I or me?
They/them isn't always plural.
10/7/2020 8:17 PM
Posted by coreander on 10/7/2020 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2020 4:02:00 PM (view original):

It is only "debated" among old white men who are rapidly losing influence and credibility in the field. I have been studying race relations and social justice for 3+ years and not one professor has presented this as a question still under debate. Go back to foxnews
So basically, in plain speech, nobody you AGREE with agrees with me, so it's a closed question. Brilliant.

All of this is insignificant anyway. It's semantic. Hopefully you're not trying to excuse prejudice just because you have decided it may not constitute racism.
10/8/2020 12:49 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.