FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

Glad to hear it. I really wanted to make it to the knockout round, but I didn't want to get there by default. One of these days I hope to have a Starting XI that can make it out of the group stage.
11/2/2022 5:18 PM
Ok, there's about 20 minutes before the FC Cackalacky/Merchiston FC showdown. Just enough time for a bit of tournament maintenance.

All Group Stage games are now scheduled, which means there will be no forfeits...always the preferred way. F.C. Baltimore Blue was flipping to a new season so it's completely understandable. The game with Swampdragons is tomorrow afternoon (a duplicate game on the 5th will not count) and the game against The Shield of the Cow is ready to go on the 5th.

As it stands now, there is the one game tonight, three tomorrow, one on the 4th and the final Group Stage game will be on November 5th. All this adds up to the First Round of the Knockouts will begin on November 7th. The games right at the end impact the seedings so the official Knockout seeds won't come out until the morning of November 6th.
11/3/2022 8:15 AM (edited)
Posted by EJP on 11/2/2022 5:18:00 PM (view original):
Glad to hear it. I really wanted to make it to the knockout round, but I didn't want to get there by default. One of these days I hope to have a Starting XI that can make it out of the group stage.
You still have a shot. You own the tiebreaker against Swampdragons (+3 versus +2 goal differential) if the game ends in a draw. If Blue wins, you advance on points 10 to 9.
11/2/2022 8:40 PM (edited)
Posted by dw172300 on 11/2/2022 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Wow, I can't believe we backed into a transfer spot. As always, another fun tournament GoMiami, thanks for organizing it.
You're going to be the 11 or 12 seed but that's better than nothing!
11/2/2022 7:43 PM
Don't pack it in just yet EJP. There are 3 possible outcomes 1) Baltimore wins 2) Dragons win 3) a draw. Only one gets me to advance. Odds are in your favor
11/2/2022 7:59 PM
The play-in game has gone final...and Merchiston FC emphatically stamps their passport to the next round with a 4-0 road win over FC Cackalacky. Blanco Amaro scored both first half goals and Cackalacky could never get it going in the right direction. The result temporarily lifts Merchiston into first place in Group D and eliminates a scrappy Cackalacky squad from the competition. Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi, with a game in hand, can still win the group and a bye.
11/2/2022 8:16 PM
Posted by swampdragonz on 11/2/2022 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Don't pack it in just yet EJP. There are 3 possible outcomes 1) Baltimore wins 2) Dragons win 3) a draw. Only one gets me to advance. Odds are in your favor
VB Hibernian can still WIN Group A. The Shield of the Cow hasn't clinched anything. F.C. Baltimore Blue can do you a solid in either game.
11/2/2022 8:41 PM
First time ever out of round 1, in 20 years of FCD! Wow! I want to thank the Academy, my agent, my dog, gomiami1972, and please save the whales!
11/2/2022 9:44 PM
There was one game this morning to wrap up Group D. Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi had a chance to win the group and get a First Round bye...and they couldn't do it. After a 2-2 1st half tie, Real TK's Gaetan Rocchi found himself open in the middle of the box after receiving a corner kick and blasted the winning goal past veteral Cotopaxi goalie Jashawn Dormer. TK's 3-2 win gives Group D to Merchiston FC.

There are two more games this evening - F.C. Baltimore Blue takes on Swampdragons in Group A and golf_yeah plays host to Shoals Soccer Club in Group C play. Every game has playoff implications from here on out.

Oh yeah, one seed has been determined. Space Olympics will be the #12 seed. All of the others are waiting on the remaining four Group Stage games to finish.
11/3/2022 8:40 AM (edited)
Thanks again for hosting this tourney! It was a ton of fun and hopefully I can improve the squad and advance in future contests. All of your organization and work is fantastic. Kudos!
11/3/2022 12:57 PM
All of this is so awesome, gomiami1972. Kudos to you for running this and the amazing write-ups!
11/3/2022 1:17 PM
All of you guys rock. I can do all of the organization and presentation in the world and if nobody signs up or if the people who do sign up don't schedule their games and get invested in the tourney, then it all matters not.

WIS hasn't updated FC Dynasty since March 2010 yet an obscure tourney like this can still draw dedicated interest and be fun. Life is strange...
11/3/2022 1:26 PM
The 1pm game is now official and Shoals Soccer Club defeats golf_yeah on the road 3-1. Swamp City Dragons still leads Group C via goal differential but Shoals owns the final Group C game at home against golf. The only thing on the line in that contest is the overall #1 seed for the Knockout Rounds as Shoals can get to a whopping 15 points and knock Dragons not only out of first place in the group but also out of a First Round bye.

Not the team I would have placed money on to grab the #1 seed but Shoals are 90 minutes away from difinitively earning that distinguished honor.

The Shoals victory locks Lowestoft FC into the #11 seed.
11/3/2022 2:23 PM (edited)
Hey either way I am just happy to be advancing for the first time, since I didn't last year. Thanks for putting this together and all the writeups miami, really awesome job!!
11/3/2022 3:07 PM
Posted by rolltide08 on 11/3/2022 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Hey either way I am just happy to be advancing for the first time, since I didn't last year. Thanks for putting this together and all the writeups miami, really awesome job!!
That was an indictment on my lack of ability to predict rather than the quality of your team.

I got the pre-tournament seeding somewhat wrong yet every group has been very competitive. Go figure.
11/3/2022 3:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.