LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by dino27 on 10/5/2017 6:11:00 PM (view original):
days of future past album puts them in for me....maybe they are not a good live band...or sound was bad....or maybe it was nights in white satin.
or maybe I was just tired!!!
10/5/2017 6:11 PM
The feds and the states need to do a better job of curbing sales to the mentally ill. Criminals have no problem acquiring weapons. Good luck eliminating the illegal gun market. We can and should do better. Sadly, some will inevitably fall through the cracks. Mass shootings are more frequent, but overall gun violence is down from years past. Unless you live in Chicago, of course. America's shooting gallery...

10/5/2017 6:12 PM
okay. I've listed 5 albums/cds (or whatever you want to call them) that are from bands or performers who are not well known, but I think these are all fantastic albums/cds. Please do the same. Maybe we'll all find some new favorites to listen to:
1. Pete Droge - Necktie Second
2. Bob Schneider - Lonelyland
3. Reckless Kelly - Under the Table and Above the Sun
4. Robbie Fulks - Let's Kill Saturday Night...
5. Brandi Carlisle - The Story
10/5/2017 6:13 PM
ill check them out.
the shooter was not a criminal until he became one...im concerned that we are now meeting the intersection of available guns and available nuts.
10/5/2017 6:17 PM
If you are an Allman Brothers fan, check out Mama's Pride. Their 1975 album Mama's Pride is quite good. Some great blues jams...they toured with The Outlaws a few times...

"Blue Mist" is a song you have probably heard on the radio...
10/5/2017 6:29 PM (edited)
Posted by dino27 on 10/5/2017 6:17:00 PM (view original):
ill check them out.
the shooter was not a criminal until he became one...im concerned that we are now meeting the intersection of available guns and available nuts.
I can go into Home Depot, buy a portable Paslode nail gun, walk into a mall and fire off hundreds of 3 inch nails into a crowd. It ain't the guns, it's the nuts.

The sad reality is if someone is hell bent on committing a heinous crime, especially if acting alone, it is darned difficult to prevent.
10/5/2017 6:33 PM (edited)
2ND AMENDMENT: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

1ST AMENDMENT: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Wait, which of these are being restricted? Hmmmmm..... MAYBE some Republicans are being hypocritical? The 2nd amendment only allows for a WELL REGULATED MILITIA. 1st amendment is free speech and petition......... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
10/5/2017 6:38 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/5/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
ill check them out.
I can go into Home Depot, buy a portable Paslode nail gun, walk into a mall and fire off hundreds of 3 inch nails into a crowd. It ain't the guns, it's the nuts.

The sad reality is if someone is hell bent on committing a heinous crime, especially if acting alone, it is darned difficult to prevent.
You can't ban a nut. You can ban the nut from getting a weapon to easily kill others.
10/5/2017 6:39 PM
Australia did not have a 2nd Amendment type law, and didn't have 300 million residents, nor 300 million weapons.

It was a buyback program. Read the article I posted below. Judge for yourself...
10/5/2017 6:58 PM (edited)
Plus there are kangaroos there! Totally inapplicable!
10/5/2017 6:54 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425021/australia-gun-control-obama-america
10/5/2017 6:55 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/5/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
ill check them out.

this is true. Its not gun control we need so much as we need to be more supportive of our mentally ill.
As far as the shooter not being a criminal until he did the shooting...I don't know. I've tried to avoid reading too much about him. I know he had a lot of weapons in the room with him? Did he come by all of them legally? If not, he was a criminal before he started shooting. If so, what logical reason could anyone give for needing to have that many guns? You want guns for self-protection? Fine. I'm not sure how effective that is, but do you really need dozens of guns for self-protection?
10/5/2017 6:59 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/5/2017 6:55:00 PM (view original):
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425021/australia-gun-control-obama-america
Wow, I had no idea Australia's gun control didn't work. So all the stats quoted in the articles I linked are fake news?
10/5/2017 7:04 PM
I don't understand why that National Review writer mentions suicide rates (which Australia's gun law was never intended to change), and doesn't mention mass shootings.
10/5/2017 7:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...50|51|52|53|54...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.