Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 9/18/2017 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 9/17/2017 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/17/2017 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 9/17/2017 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Kinda like the White House having a conniption over Jemele hill. Hilarious.
Actually.... I don't think that was a conniption... I think they just want her fired to set an example for others. If they keep the story alive it could happen.
You do realize that is an absolute attack on her first amendment rights? Them trying to get her fired is exactly the kind of thing the first amendment was designed for.
They fired Ditka and Schilling for the same thing...hypocritical it seems
I suspect that Hill will be fired if she's a multiple offender of their policies on political statements like Ditka and Schilling were. They also fired ultra-lefty Keith Olbermann for the same things....twice.
9/18/2017 9:02 AM
Posted by The Taint on 9/18/2017 9:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/18/2017 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Actually.... I don't think that was a conniption... I think they just want her fired to set an example for others. If they keep the story alive it could happen.
You do realize that is an absolute attack on her first amendment rights? Them trying to get her fired is exactly the kind of thing the first amendment was designed for.
They fired Ditka and Schilling for the same thing...hypocritical it seems
I suspect that Hill will be fired if she's a multiple offender of their policies on political statements like Ditka and Schilling were. They also fired ultra-lefty Keith Olbermann for the same things....twice.
How many tweets did she have or is the argument that it was multiple tweets but they count as one incident? What about what happened in 08? She said rooting for the Celtics was like rooting for Hitler? Personally I don't think she should be fired and I don't think Schilling or Ditka should have been either. Not that ESPN cares what I think. But the hypocrisy at least to me is obvious.
9/18/2017 9:31 AM
I don't know for sure but I would think they'd be considered one. I would also think not getting dinged again in almost 10 years plays into something as well. If they hadn't of fired Olbermann for doing the same things Ditka/Schilling did...constant social commentary not regarding sports and bordering on political absurdity....I would say you were right on the money. Like I said, I suspect if she's guilty of something like this again there will be ramifications.
9/18/2017 9:36 AM
We should probably make a distinction between relatively mild, relatively mainstream tweet that Hill sent and what Schilling posted (multiple times). They aren't comparable.
9/18/2017 11:43 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/18/2017 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/17/2017 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/17/2017 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/16/2017 8:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/16/2017 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/15/2017 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/15/2017 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/15/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):
Now I remember why I blocked you cccp. You're literally too dumb to argue with.
LOL - so you give up again I see. You are a coward and your candidate lost. Grow up.
cccp: Obama should have cut the debt

me: no, that would have been bad during a recession/recovery

cccp: old people buy too many pills!!!!!!

me: uh, yeah, you're dumb.

cccp: ha! You give up? Coward. I'm the king of the world. Where's my shopping cart and my drugs?!?!??
BS- I said he should not have increased by as much as he did. Find one post where I said "cut"

You are a lying bi-polar bad person.
My point stands even if you replace "debt" with "deficit" which is what would have to happen to reduce the debt. You'd have to cut the deficit.

Let's say you graph federal outlays over time:

Then you draw a line for revenue with it:

That's a deficit. Then the recession hits. Outlays keep going as scheduled:

But revenue doesn't:

If you cut outlays to only increase the debt by X instead of Y, you damage the economy at a time when other things—employment, growth, etc—are MUCH more important than the deficit.
Is this the sane bad_luck or the insane one. Since you are bi-polar it is tough to gauge. We came out of the recession in his first term yet the debt kept rising. He did nothing except for cut military spend as I could see. Never addressed entitlements, never addressed corporate inversions, never addressed tax loopholes for corporations, kept the interest rates very low so that the stock market would be artificially inflated. I will acquiesce that during his first term his hands were somewhat tied due to Bush but are you defending his 2nd term when all he accomplished was highly flawed Obamacare? My point that you ignored the fact that he did not create a plan for a surplus for the next POTUS, who was supposed to be HRC, he just left the country with a deficit after eight years. In business you cannot balance a budget by just throwing more debt on the balance sheet and crossing your fingers.

Now let's see which bad_luck responds. The rational debater or the irrational insult thrower and cowardly blocker.
A) If you want to argue that Obama should have stopped corporate inversions somehow or that he should have worked for policies that would have pushed the majority of the recovery benefits to the middle and lower classes instead of the wealthy, I won't disagree. But those are separate issues (sort of) from the deficit.

B) Even after the recession was officially over, growth was still slow, wages were still low, and the economy was still somewhat fragile. Removing a trillion or $500 billion dollars from the economy at that time would have been dumb. It would have contracted the economy and possibly put us back into a recession.
So you agree on point A with me. It is a start.

On point B why was there not a plan to increase growth and drive wages up. People argue that unemployment was low and the stock market was moving in the right direction but to your point the economy was fragile. My point was instead of implementing Obamacare, which is a disaster because healthy people now have to pay more for sick people hence the rise in monthly fees he should have left well enough alone and instead tried to somehow fix entitlements.

How about setting firm budget caps for Medicaid, Medicare and SS?

Medicare: Establish a contribution system where new retirees, just like federal workers now btw, would receive a government contribution to purchase the health insurance that best meets their needs. The contribution should be capped and reviewed periodically. An individual’s contribution would be adjusted according to income and medical condition / situation, etc. -- Now its open ended. Stupid.

Medicaid: Everyone is treated the same and the program is costly and unmanageable. Medicaid’s long-term care benefit should be amended from an open ended and unregulated entitlement to an insurance-based model of private coverage. More private less government and more oversight.

SS: The system as a whole should be made redone to help those that actually need the help vs. treat everyone the same. Trump should not get the same benefits as his driver for example. The less fortunate should have a safety net and that is where the monies should flow. We need to acknowledge that people live longer so we need to raise the retirement age and indexed per actuaries accordingly.

If Obama addressed just one of these in his eight years it would have been encouraging. He addressed NONE of them, while weakening our military, dividing the country even more based on racial tensions and Obamacare sucks.
cccp is like an onion of stupidity. Peel back one layer and you find ten more.

cccp - you are still trying to shift the argument. Cutting the deficit and implementing the ACA were not either/or propositions. Even if Obama hadn't pushed for the ACA, cutting spending to lower the deficit during or soon after a recession would have been a bad idea.

It would have been a bad idea if it had been done through Medicare cuts. It would have been a bad idea if it had been done through changes to social security. It was a bad idea when it was done through the sequester.

Do you understand this very basic economic concept?
9/18/2017 12:02 PM
Posted by The Taint on 9/18/2017 9:36:00 AM (view original):
I don't know for sure but I would think they'd be considered one. I would also think not getting dinged again in almost 10 years plays into something as well. If they hadn't of fired Olbermann for doing the same things Ditka/Schilling did...constant social commentary not regarding sports and bordering on political absurdity....I would say you were right on the money. Like I said, I suspect if she's guilty of something like this again there will be ramifications.
Cool

I am all for free speech so I hope she stays if she is good at what she does in terms of sports.
9/18/2017 12:41 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/18/2017 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/18/2017 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/17/2017 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/17/2017 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/16/2017 8:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/16/2017 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/15/2017 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/15/2017 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/15/2017 5:35:00 PM (view original):
Now I remember why I blocked you cccp. You're literally too dumb to argue with.
LOL - so you give up again I see. You are a coward and your candidate lost. Grow up.
cccp: Obama should have cut the debt

me: no, that would have been bad during a recession/recovery

cccp: old people buy too many pills!!!!!!

me: uh, yeah, you're dumb.

cccp: ha! You give up? Coward. I'm the king of the world. Where's my shopping cart and my drugs?!?!??
BS- I said he should not have increased by as much as he did. Find one post where I said "cut"

You are a lying bi-polar bad person.
My point stands even if you replace "debt" with "deficit" which is what would have to happen to reduce the debt. You'd have to cut the deficit.

Let's say you graph federal outlays over time:

Then you draw a line for revenue with it:

That's a deficit. Then the recession hits. Outlays keep going as scheduled:

But revenue doesn't:

If you cut outlays to only increase the debt by X instead of Y, you damage the economy at a time when other things—employment, growth, etc—are MUCH more important than the deficit.
Is this the sane bad_luck or the insane one. Since you are bi-polar it is tough to gauge. We came out of the recession in his first term yet the debt kept rising. He did nothing except for cut military spend as I could see. Never addressed entitlements, never addressed corporate inversions, never addressed tax loopholes for corporations, kept the interest rates very low so that the stock market would be artificially inflated. I will acquiesce that during his first term his hands were somewhat tied due to Bush but are you defending his 2nd term when all he accomplished was highly flawed Obamacare? My point that you ignored the fact that he did not create a plan for a surplus for the next POTUS, who was supposed to be HRC, he just left the country with a deficit after eight years. In business you cannot balance a budget by just throwing more debt on the balance sheet and crossing your fingers.

Now let's see which bad_luck responds. The rational debater or the irrational insult thrower and cowardly blocker.
A) If you want to argue that Obama should have stopped corporate inversions somehow or that he should have worked for policies that would have pushed the majority of the recovery benefits to the middle and lower classes instead of the wealthy, I won't disagree. But those are separate issues (sort of) from the deficit.

B) Even after the recession was officially over, growth was still slow, wages were still low, and the economy was still somewhat fragile. Removing a trillion or $500 billion dollars from the economy at that time would have been dumb. It would have contracted the economy and possibly put us back into a recession.
So you agree on point A with me. It is a start.

On point B why was there not a plan to increase growth and drive wages up. People argue that unemployment was low and the stock market was moving in the right direction but to your point the economy was fragile. My point was instead of implementing Obamacare, which is a disaster because healthy people now have to pay more for sick people hence the rise in monthly fees he should have left well enough alone and instead tried to somehow fix entitlements.

How about setting firm budget caps for Medicaid, Medicare and SS?

Medicare: Establish a contribution system where new retirees, just like federal workers now btw, would receive a government contribution to purchase the health insurance that best meets their needs. The contribution should be capped and reviewed periodically. An individual’s contribution would be adjusted according to income and medical condition / situation, etc. -- Now its open ended. Stupid.

Medicaid: Everyone is treated the same and the program is costly and unmanageable. Medicaid’s long-term care benefit should be amended from an open ended and unregulated entitlement to an insurance-based model of private coverage. More private less government and more oversight.

SS: The system as a whole should be made redone to help those that actually need the help vs. treat everyone the same. Trump should not get the same benefits as his driver for example. The less fortunate should have a safety net and that is where the monies should flow. We need to acknowledge that people live longer so we need to raise the retirement age and indexed per actuaries accordingly.

If Obama addressed just one of these in his eight years it would have been encouraging. He addressed NONE of them, while weakening our military, dividing the country even more based on racial tensions and Obamacare sucks.
cccp is like an onion of stupidity. Peel back one layer and you find ten more.

cccp - you are still trying to shift the argument. Cutting the deficit and implementing the ACA were not either/or propositions. Even if Obama hadn't pushed for the ACA, cutting spending to lower the deficit during or soon after a recession would have been a bad idea.

It would have been a bad idea if it had been done through Medicare cuts. It would have been a bad idea if it had been done through changes to social security. It was a bad idea when it was done through the sequester.

Do you understand this very basic economic concept?
Nice, the cowardly bad_luck is here using ad hominems. I am not shifting anything. I said he wasted his TIME with stupid Obamacare when he should have attacked entitlements and or corporate inversions in order to stimulate the stagnant wages. You think everything is a bad idea and you ridicule my opinions yet you have yet to offer your own. Your blind faith is amusing.
9/18/2017 12:43 PM
Attacking entitlements would have been a bad idea.

So you do not understand basic Econ. Thanks.
9/18/2017 12:48 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/17/2017 8:33:00 PM (view original):
She's allowed to say anything she wants and won't be arrested for it. There are other consequences though. Curt Schilling was fired from espn for speaking ill about transgendered bathrooms.
This is ridiculously stupid. Schilling was NOT fired for speaking ill about "transgendered bathrooms"............. in fact, there is NO SUCH THING as a transgendered bathroom. It's a room with a shitter, nothing more nothing less.

Schilling was fired for being who he always was. "Red light Curt". He never saw a camera (with the "red light" on) that he didn't love.
He spouted nonsense all the time. Just stick a mic under his face with a camera on. Unfortunately (for him) his big mouth (and racist opinions) got the best of him repeatedly and after multiple objectionable (and stupid) statements ESPN fired him (as any company with sense would have). It is quite similar to that Olberman guy. Big mouth, different stripe of opinion.

As to Jemele Hill. Easy peazy. haven't seen her "statement". Likely won't. It's on TWIT! TWIT is a waste of good time for egomaniacs who think other people care about their minute by minute activities!!

Tweet, tweet, tweet, Dumb ***** IMO.
9/18/2017 12:51 PM (edited)
Boris. Over 10 Million Americans disagree with you about Obama's "wasting his time" on the ACA. We now HAVE INSURANCE. Some of us would be dead without the ACA. So F.U.!
9/18/2017 12:53 PM
Also, cccp, you've called me names plenty of times. Don't pretend that you're above it.
9/18/2017 12:57 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/18/2017 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/18/2017 12:08:00 AM (view original):
who gives a **** what Jemele Hill or Curt Schilling or any other dumbass sportscaster says? If you form your opinion based on what sportscasters say, you're an idiot.
The debate is whether or not ESPN is a hypocritical employer not whether they influence an opinion.
well, if nobody cared what they say about political issues (and nobody should) then why would it matter if ESN fires them. Personally I don't care what Jemele Hill or Curt Schilling say about anything, including sports. Whether they have a job or not matters not at all to me.
9/18/2017 1:04 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/18/2017 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Also, cccp, you've called me names plenty of times. Don't pretend that you're above it.
Only after you started. I am not allowed to defend myself?
9/18/2017 1:04 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/18/2017 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Boris. Over 10 Million Americans disagree with you about Obama's "wasting his time" on the ACA. We now HAVE INSURANCE. Some of us would be dead without the ACA. So F.U.!
And at least 2x as many think it was a bad idea. F me.
9/18/2017 1:05 PM
F both of you.
9/18/2017 1:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...553|554|555|556|557...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.