Just sent this to CS Topic

Posted by jeff_probst on 8/11/2011 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Hmmmmm...well if thats true Gil, please post my message on here for all to see. If not, then just head back to the shallow end where I put you after I buried you in the title game. Btw, shouldn't you be focused on recruiting for all 12 of your teams in Tark right now?
you openly acknowledged you sent the message on the board in tark. back then you had a different line. is your line now that the message was never sent?

not sure how the situation steered back to 2 teams. i just got sick of listening to JP blast me on my own CC for no reason. its one thing for someone else to do it. but not a blatant cheater. i really have nothing else to say except, jeff_probst is a blatant cheater, and as he shows 0 remorse for previous cheatings, it is only fair to assume they continue. thats all. and jeff, in case its not clear, everybody including CS agrees its wrong to send another coach a sitemail saying hey, i just got to <insert school> and obviously we are going to have a lot of overlap in recruiting, so why don't we exchange information on the players we want to recruit so we can stay out of each other's way? almost an insult, when you were at a new big 6 school and i was at kentucky, that i would potentially stay out of your way, but that is really besides the point.
8/11/2011 11:18 AM
Posted by swiners on 8/11/2011 11:17:00 AM (view original):
gill, are you clueless or just blind? The D3 team can use recruiting money to scout your D1 recruits thus saving your D1 money for those recruits duh! This would go virtually unnoticed by everyone but I'm sure no one does that.
.... if you blatantly abuse the situation.
8/11/2011 11:20 AM
gill, stop changing the subject and ask OR why he has a problem with multiple teams.
8/11/2011 11:20 AM
If there isn't multiple teams gill, then there is NEVER an opportunity to abuse it huh?
8/11/2011 11:21 AM
OR and i have talked about multiple teams on many occasions and i think our views are not far off. i have no problem with the fact that he will not compete with maj. i too had a cousin play and i would not compete with him. those schools were closer and had a lot higher impact than the two schools i have. i guess i don't think OR is saying having 2 teams is worse than the other implied collusion. i have made plenty of friends in this game and many are conference mates and i go out of my way not to battle with them, especially when it would totally screw them over. the sum of those implied collusions massively outweighs the implied collusion between my 2 teams. sure, i will not battle myself. but the closest schools in nature to a&m are maybe texas and what, texas tech? oklahoma? there are 3 schools, same region, same conf, i have had battles with a massive sum of 0 times with kentucky. so on average i should have 0 battles with a&m. and i have. where is the smoking gun?
8/11/2011 11:30 AM
and YOU stop changing the subject. the subject is, jeff probst is a dirty cheater, who really does collude. and before you say it, is is incredibly obvious that the impact of privately exchanging recruiting targets on a seasonal basis with your local competitors vastly outweighs the impact of all of these implied collusions OR is mentioning.
8/11/2011 11:32 AM
Posted by swiners on 8/11/2011 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Uh gill, pretty sure OR had a major problem with it but you are too scared to address him. Just because your conference mates bow down to you it still effects the rest of us. Whenever we play you in the tournament it effects us all. And you say not to schedule you if we have a problem with it but I can't schedule my tournament games.  Oldresorter has forgotten more about this game then all of us know and if he says it is a problem then...it is a problem-end of story. P.S. I never have a problem playing you as evident of our H2H record :)
if you never have a problem playing me then i guess i fail to see why you make it out to be such a big deal that you could potentially play me on another team in the NT? does having experience playing you on 1 team give me so much information about the other? assuming i even paid attention to our original game in the first place? you confuse me... its a terribly important advantage, yet you will subject yourself to it willingly?
8/11/2011 11:35 AM
I never denied sending you a letter to see how stupid you were? Clearly, I was no where near as graphic as you put it, otherwise you'd have kept this type of *watergate* message. Btw I was at Arkansas before uc, so this wasn't my first rodeo in a big 6 conference either. I was just asking you to repost my message so I could put it in my *Kill Gil* scrapbook next to my boxscore of the massacre that I laid on that Kentucky team a few years ago.
8/11/2011 11:36 AM
This thread was never about jp-please get over that. What you still fail to realize is that in recruiting you could use 1 team's budget to recruit players for your other team if the first didn't need anyone. It's so brutally easy to understand-not sure why you fail to see that but whatever. I'm not against you or anyone with multiple teams. I would like to believe everyone plays above board but there will always be trust issues when multiple teams are involved-that's all.
8/11/2011 11:37 AM
With all due respect, this thread was never about roughly the last two pages of posts, and most certainly not about collusion and/or players with multiple aliases and/or teams. 
8/11/2011 11:40 AM
jsotman, sorry you are right. Gill, best wishes to you and continued success going forward.
8/11/2011 11:43 AM
this thread was never about multiple teams until JP brought it up.

and swiners - if its not clear, let me make it so - i 100% agree, it is brutally obvious, with a second team you could use money from one to benefit the other. but my whole point is simple. that would be cheating. does that mean it can't be done? of course not! but it DOES have to be intentional. if you could unintentionally garner an unfair advantage, i would be against it. but if all you can do is intentionally garner an unfair advantage, how is that different than the 1 team case, where you can cheat with others and do the same thing? 

my take on this whole this is straight forward. most people who play this game competitively do so for the same thrill any strategy game presents - the thrill of pitting your wits and abilities against others and hopefully coming out on top. anybody who truly enjoys strategy games would totally ruin it for themselves by cheating. the whole point is to try to outwit and outthink your opponent. if you cheat, how could you take pride in winning? i couldn't, i know the people i play strategy games with couldn't. i am sure there are people in the world who only care about winning, not the strategy, but i doubt it is the same people who are highly successful in this game. im sure there is one or something but by and large, i expect when my conf mate who is very competitive has a second team, they aren't using it to cheat. i don't have any trust issues there. now, if he could unintentionally gain a major advantage, id care. but the 50 ways he could intentionally gain an unfair advantage are of no concern to me. i know i am somewhat naive and someone, somewhere around me is cheating (other than jeff_probst). but i am pretty confident most of the guys i love to play with, the guys i look forward to playing year after year due to the competitive nature of those games, those guys would get nothing out of cheating here. it would be a 100% waste of time and money, and all in all, would be totally pointless. your may not see it, maybe you have a lot of friends like JP, if that is the case, then i am sorry. i know when i play poker for money with my friends, nobody worries about cheating. with an outsider, of course, we watch - but give the benefit of the doubt. i would hate to know a bunch of cheaters and play in that environment, in fact, i would refuse to do so.
8/11/2011 11:47 AM
Posted by jeff_probst on 8/11/2011 11:36:00 AM (view original):
I never denied sending you a letter to see how stupid you were? Clearly, I was no where near as graphic as you put it, otherwise you'd have kept this type of *watergate* message. Btw I was at Arkansas before uc, so this wasn't my first rodeo in a big 6 conference either. I was just asking you to repost my message so I could put it in my *Kill Gil* scrapbook next to my boxscore of the massacre that I laid on that Kentucky team a few years ago.
so you acknowledge sending the message? back to the old line eh - it was to see if i was stupid enough to accept. let me ask - why would you choose to send the message to me and not someone else? i am sure, knowing you more than id like to, that it was not an arbitrary decision.
8/11/2011 11:48 AM
Posted by swiners on 8/11/2011 11:12:00 AM (view original):
kmason, first off you just admitted that you have a slight advantage, you don't see a problem with that no matter how slight? I don't care how many teams you have honestly but know that if and when you ever win a championship that there will always be an asterisk by it. Why would you want to do anything that other people might see as shady?

Because I don't care what others "might think," that's unimportant to me. I know I'm not outright cheating and I enjoy being in D1 in Tark so I have 2 teams with both being far enough apart where I really get no edge from having two teams. I'll likely never sign a player from the same state with both schools simply because the territory is too far apart. I honestly think the edge of having multiple teams in the same division is bigger in D2 and D3 where you can recruit nationally, because you have a team in West Viriginia and sign a player in Texas whereas that almost never happens in D1. However if you have two D1 teams close enough that you overlap several states then you can give yourself an edge but there will be instances where you hurt yourself like I said in my previous post.

8/11/2011 11:56 AM
Also I don't think OR has much of a problem with multiple teams since before I moved up to D1 with my other ID I specifically posted on my CC if anybody would have a problem with me getting another team, especially on the East Coast and OR flat out said he didn't have a problem with it. OR's post was more of how there could be implied collusion and not that he thinks it's a terrible thing.
8/11/2011 11:59 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...19 Next ▸
Just sent this to CS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.