Lakers 2011-2012 Topic

Posted by logain on 12/14/2011 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by felonius on 12/14/2011 7:25:00 AM (view original):
we take turkoglu and maybe sneak away with richardson

but I think what really happens is we still move Pau to the Rockets and work out the Paul deal
There is no way to take Turk.. the cap numbers just don't work. Without trading Pau and Bynum. Unless the Magic want Metta and Luke! Ha. Gl with that. Chris Paul is a better bet but I fully buy the conspiracy theories there.. not sure the league wants to send a big star to the Lakers right after the big CBA fight.
It looks like the Lakers ghana get neither.

They shoulda just traded Pau and Bynum for HGH, Turkeyglue, and J-Rich like I had suggested all along.  And they shouldn't have overreacted to Odom's hissy fit.  If I were the Lakers GM yall would have a lineup of

Fish/Blake
Kobe
J-Rich/Barnes/Mettta
Odom/TurkeyGlue
HGH/McBob

would be totally epic.  i'd probably also throw in fish for duhon, just to prove a point to fish that he ******* blows.
12/14/2011 10:58 AM
Not sure they'd give up JRich though.  Maybe for Bynum+Odom which really works just as well for a couple of years in LA.
12/14/2011 12:58 PM
yeah too bad Odom is in Dallas huh. That is going to go down as an all-time bad move I think. I mean, just because he asked for a trade.. just hook him up with some extra candy and he'd be fine.

I don't get the love for J-Rich. I'd want to maybe pry Ryan Anderson out.. but not too interested in anyone else in ORL.
12/14/2011 1:16 PM
Posted by logain on 12/14/2011 1:16:00 PM (view original):
yeah too bad Odom is in Dallas huh. That is going to go down as an all-time bad move I think. I mean, just because he asked for a trade.. just hook him up with some extra candy and he'd be fine.

I don't get the love for J-Rich. I'd want to maybe pry Ryan Anderson out.. but not too interested in anyone else in ORL.
J-Rich isn't anything special, but given that your starting 3 is currently lol Metta, he's a pretty clear upgrade and is a very nice wing complement to Kobe.

Randerson would obviously be great, but he's less likely to be available since he's still on his rookie deal.
12/14/2011 1:34 PM
if nothing else Richardson would provide the outside shooting the Lakers dearly need 

as for the Turkoglu math problem they have two trade exceptions (which yeah I know cant be combined but maybe equal two decent pieces) and can work something out with a third party
12/14/2011 4:23 PM (edited)
Posted by deanod on 12/14/2011 10:58:00 AM (view original):

but I think what really happens is we still move Pau to the Rockets and work out the Paul deal
There is no way to take Turk.. the cap numbers just don't work. Without trading Pau and Bynum. Unless the Magic want Metta and Luke! Ha. Gl with that. Chris Paul is a better bet but I fully buy the conspiracy theories there.. not sure the league wants to send a big star to the Lakers right after the big CBA fight.

They shoulda just traded Pau and Bynum for HGH, Turkeyglue, and J-Rich like I had suggested all along.  And they shouldn't have overreacted to Odom's hissy fit.  If I were the Lakers GM yall would have a lineup of

Fish/Blake
Kobe
J-Rich/Barnes/Mettta
Odom/TurkeyGlue
HGH/McBob

would be totally epic.  i'd probably also throw in fish for duhon, just to prove a point to fish that he ******* blows.
if not for Stern/Gilbert we mighta coulda had

Paul
Kobe
??? metta???
Turkoglu/McRoberts
Howard

12/14/2011 4:25 PM
Posted by felonius on 12/14/2011 4:25:00 PM (view original):

Fish/Blake
Kobe
J-Rich/Barnes/Mettta
Odom/TurkeyGlue
HGH/McBob

Paul
Kobe
??? metta???
Turkoglu/McRoberts
Howard

And you still would have complained about the haul McHale got for KG.
12/14/2011 4:38 PM
And thank ******* god for Stern's power trip.

I would have slit my wrists with Howard/Paul/Kobe all playing for LA.
12/14/2011 4:39 PM
Posted by deanod on 12/14/2011 4:39:00 PM (view original):
And thank ******* god for Stern's power trip.

I would have slit my wrists with Howard/Paul/Kobe all playing for LA.
that's what my boston buddy said

but he (as I suspect you) and even bosoxbill called bs on it - because if Paul ends up a Clipper Dr Buss needs to go all Pacino on the NBA
12/14/2011 6:52 PM
Posted by deanod on 12/14/2011 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by felonius on 12/14/2011 4:25:00 PM (view original):

Fish/Blake
Kobe
J-Rich/Barnes/Mettta
Odom/TurkeyGlue
HGH/McBob

Paul
Kobe
??? metta???
Turkoglu/McRoberts
Howard

And you still would have complained about the haul McHale got for KG.
only as a comparison for those who complain about the Pau deal - Memphis is well run, they made a good deal for them (if you have an eye to the long term)

we made a nasty deal to move Shaq but because we werent stupid doing it and had an eye on the long view we turned the pieces into a couple titles - Memphis is well run - you want to complain about the Pau deal you have to take that into account - they made a deal that allowed them to build a playoff squad out of a 22 win team

I sincerely hope the same pertains to what just happened with Odom...
12/14/2011 6:56 PM
also a thought: the NBA can not go about Harrison Bergeroning the well run franchises - the salient facts are that a) Los Angeles has appeal to players as a place to live and work and b) the Lakers franchise has history and glamour that appeals to players - sorry Dan Gilbert (andd suck a bag full of dicks)

dont put sand bags on their ankles or you ruin the league - legacy franchises like the Lakers, Knicks, and yes dammit, the Celtics need to be contenders for the health of the league
12/14/2011 6:59 PM
**** me - did the Clippers just get Chris Paul?
12/14/2011 7:01 PM
yes and for less than the Lakers offered (2nd team all nba power forward and reigning 6th man of the year) - **** david stern
12/14/2011 7:20 PM
Stern confirmed best GM ever.

That's a WAY better haul than the bullshit Demps tried to pull off.
12/14/2011 7:41 PM
Obviously the veto was crap, but you can't say that it wasn't a HUGE upgrade for the franchise.

Pretty sad that Demps got owned at his own job by the commish.
12/14/2011 7:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...32 Next ▸
Lakers 2011-2012 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.