Multiple Teams in a World Topic

Posted by hughesjr on 5/24/2014 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/24/2014 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 5/24/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 5/24/2014 4:43:00 PM (view original):
The "family" excuse for having two teams in same world is as weak they come. If they can not find anything other than WIS to compete in they have serious problems. It is simply an excuse to use when people want to cheat. How many are real and not imagined 'family'.
Sure here here ...lets make sure that there are no family members are even close friends inviting each other to play WIS.   Lets save those available teams for the SIMs.

That post is about as weak as they come.
Exactly this.

But I also don't see how family members playing against each other in the same world--even if the schools they were at were 10 miles from each other--violates any rules.
I think the issue is that some people think that this is the biggest excuse used by people who get caught violating the 1000 mile rule ... No, that other account belongs to my son/father/brother.

If someone was doing that, pretending to have another family member to get 2 teams in the same conference, then that would of course be bad.

But certainly 2 legitimate teams by two family members in the same conference is fine.

I don't see this as a problem ... I suppose it could be, but I don't know of anyone doing it.  Of course, if you are purposefully cheating then that would be the point :)

Oh, I see the game, then. I used to edit Wikipedia semi-regularly, and the "oh, that's my brother/son/sister/wife/girlfriend/whatever" was the usual excuse for even the most blatant sockpuppetry.
5/24/2014 10:12 PM
Posted by mullycj on 5/24/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 5/24/2014 4:43:00 PM (view original):
The "family" excuse for having two teams in same world is as weak they come. If they can not find anything other than WIS to compete in they have serious problems. It is simply an excuse to use when people want to cheat. How many are real and not imagined 'family'.
Sure here here ...lets make sure that there are no family members are even close friends inviting each other to play WIS.   Lets save those available teams for the SIMs.

That post is about as weak as they come.
I have two younger brothers and we are very competitive amongst ourselves.  We all used to play in the same Fantasy Football league and it was about the most fun I've ever had playing a game on the internet.  Massive amounts of trash talking, lots of good natured shots at each other, you know, fun stuff.

So Doctor Taniajane, who in the hell are YOU to decide whether my brothers and I (or ANY family besides your own, for that matter) have "serious problems" because we choose to compete against each other on an internet game?  Who are YOU to decide what is an issue or not as it relates to MY time and money, you arrogant, condescending, pompous, sanctimonious (reader's choice to fill in the last word.  My choice is probably not printable for a family forum.  Just know that it's at least a dozen letters long and relates to, oh well you guys can figure it out).

5/25/2014 12:04 AM (edited)
apparently i am still bitter after all this time. guess i better shut my mouth now ;) 
5/24/2014 11:44 PM
Me too I guess.  Not a big fan of other people determining whether what I do constitutes having "serious issues" though.  Especially since that other person usually just posts nothing but gibberish anyway.
5/25/2014 12:05 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by taniajane on 5/25/2014 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Your gibberish dcy0827 is to have your brothers in the same world because you are "competitive". Gee, I am to buy your excuse that you and your "brothers" are not "competitive" enough to share information to have an advantage on strangers? Get a  real life. Go bowling with your brothers.  But don't try to snow me with the poor me and my brothers routine.
lolwut
5/25/2014 4:58 PM
just to be clear, if a guy lives in a dorm at college and shows the game to several of his friends and he and his good friends decide they want to be in the same world to be able to play against each, that is okay right?
5/25/2014 8:06 PM
Posted by metsmax on 5/25/2014 8:06:00 PM (view original):
just to be clear, if a guy lives in a dorm at college and shows the game to several of his friends and he and his good friends decide they want to be in the same world to be able to play against each, that is okay right?
Yes.
5/25/2014 8:43 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/25/2014 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 5/25/2014 8:06:00 PM (view original):
Yes.

amusing..that explains how some losers get ahead. Excuses of friends...it was allowed ( I have no morals)...  what's next? God told me to cheat?

5/25/2014 10:58 PM (edited)
translated to tania-speak...all your win are belong to us.
5/25/2014 10:58 PM
all your win are belong to us.
English?
5/25/2014 10:59 PM
This might be a possible solution to this problem: If one user has two teams in the same world, then his or her team A cannot recruit players from state X if only his or her team B has FSSed state X.

Let me know if this is unclear in any way, I can elaborate further if needed.
5/25/2014 11:09 PM
I doubt that will work. They lie they are same or family member
5/25/2014 11:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
Multiple Teams in a World Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.