This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm also a huge ******* to people who whine about the same thing at the end of every season. It's like a menstrual cycle except it's 6 weeks.
3/15/2017 2:41 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/15/2017 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/15/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Spud has already said he doesn't care if the game dies so he's not really interested in retaining new users.
LOL, thank you KellyAnne Conway.
"Look, I don't actually care if they throw newbies into the deep end or not. I have no investment in the success of HD. If it fails, life goes on. "
-CoachSpud

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=499747&threadID=11123349#l_11123349

3/15/2017 2:44 PM
"You didn't answer the question. Stupid, trolling or both?" Neither, as you well know since your argument just went down in your angry, petty, foot-stompin', lip-curling flames. (BTW, you asked a question that was sure to embarrass you. Your argument lost; would you prefer that your argument lost to a stupid person, a troll or just happened to be analyzed by someone smarter than you and your argument was found wanting? Be glad it was just someone smarter than you.)

But you certainly answered my question with your fail.
3/15/2017 3:25 PM (edited)
I may declare my threads "spud free zones". It's not just him, others do have the need to insult him, but he's the impetus for the derailment of threads.
3/15/2017 3:41 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/15/2017 2:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/15/2017 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/15/2017 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Spud has already said he doesn't care if the game dies so he's not really interested in retaining new users.
LOL, thank you KellyAnne Conway.
"Look, I don't actually care if they throw newbies into the deep end or not. I have no investment in the success of HD. If it fails, life goes on. "
-CoachSpud

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=499747&threadID=11123349#l_11123349

LOL, here's the whole quote: "Look, I don't actually care if they throw newbies into the deep end or not. I have no investment in the success of HD. If it fails, life goes on. But throwing newbies into recruiting the week they start the game is a sure-fire bad experience for them. Giving them a season or even a half season to learn makes a lot more sense."
3/15/2017 3:45 PM
i'm going to go with the old codger answer - when I first played this game, I recruited and learned from my mistakes. but, I enjoyed trying

maybe folks are saying that it is harder for a newbie in 3.0 than it was in 1.0

hard to know

If I paid for the game, i would like to recruit some players - but thats just an opiion
3/15/2017 3:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Move along. Stay stupidly on topic or find another troll hole.
spud.....this.

If you want to fight with benis about another topic, do it elsewhere. You will not fill this thread with pages of nonsense.
3/15/2017 3:57 PM
Posted by mamxet on 3/15/2017 3:49:00 PM (view original):
i'm going to go with the old codger answer - when I first played this game, I recruited and learned from my mistakes. but, I enjoyed trying

hard to know

If I paid for the game, i would like to recruit some players - but thats just an opiion
Agreed; it is the investment in the players you recruited. Even if they stink (most likely as a whole the 1st class will), there will be 1 you can follow. Brandon Bauer (https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3587453) improved 100 pts his Fr season. There was nothing to learn from Sim players the 1st season. They sucked, I did not need experience in the game to know that.
3/15/2017 3:59 PM
Posted by mamxet on 3/15/2017 3:49:00 PM (view original):

hard to know

Old codgers may not recall why they stayed.

I was here Day One. I liked recruiting a few guys before the season started. I was disappointed when I came back that it was no longer an option. But I stayed this time because of the group I joined with.

My entire point is you have to get users to stay for a 2nd season. You can give out freebies until every D3 is full. But if 95% of them leave at the end of the season, or before, you haven't accomplished a whole hell of a lot.
3/15/2017 4:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Move along. Stay stupidly on topic or find another troll hole.
spud.....this.

If you want to fight with benis about another topic, do it elsewhere. You will not fill this thread with pages of nonsense.
Oh don't worry, we will!

But back to the topic. Have you sent in a ticket about this yet mike? Ask them to let new folks sign up during the current job period. You get to cut down on dead time and new folks get to recruit right away. 2 birds with 1 stone.
3/15/2017 4:03 PM
I have not. I was hoping for a groundswell of support to point to but people are busy with other complaining, errrr, issues.

But that's one reason I don't want to get derailed. 12 pages of BS is not something to point at and say "SEE??? People want this!!!!"

I left spud's on topic "stupid idea" opinion. Because it's on topic and fair.
3/15/2017 4:07 PM
WIS should fix this.
3/15/2017 4:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.