What's going on with the engine? Topic

Ya I'm not going to be able to recruit the next cycle... Really sad they wont even admit its not working correctly and rather just ignore it. We will see how they react to this but if they don't take some ownership and fix it then I may be walking away...
4/13/2017 1:24 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 4/13/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/13/2017 1:13:00 PM (view original):
Still not all emails in. I have Scout emails for all but one of the players I scouted in Wilkinson. Of course, then they have to PROCESS the actions and update Considering. Probably at least another hour on that one. So one hour to analyze results, decide on next steps and submit them.

Dobie is just screwed at this point, I guess.
This is assuming Dobie will run on time at 3pm, prob not happening. It's really sad they can't fix an issue in a month, when they clearly did SOMETHING that caused these problems and it's easy to pinpoint exactly when they started.
Could be a hardware issue that has nothing to do with software changes. A bad disk or such...

At 10:03am PST, there were still about 110 recruits in Wilkinson for emails to process. (I just now figured out that recruits are processed in ascending order of their recruit ID number. One of my recruits was ~110 away from the end of the Wilkinson recruit IDs. Dobie IDs start right after Wilkinson IDs and I just did a binary search until I found the change-over point.)

Anyways, looks like Wilkinson emails are almost done processing, but still leaves Considering to be done. I don't know if Dobie emails will process before Wilkinson Considering starts. If so, BOTH worlds could be simultaneously screwed.

Thankfully, 2/3 of my teams are in those two worlds.......
4/13/2017 1:24 PM
Dobie is running now it looks like. I agree, most likely hardware, or something stupid like disk space or cache that is used to streamline things is filled up.
4/13/2017 1:26 PM
So, the question about the relationship of Dobie/Wilk recruiting is answered. The sequence of events:

1. Wilkinson Emails
2. Dobie Emails
3. Wilkinson Considering
4. Dobie Considering

I'm guessing on #3 and #4, but seems reasonable since #2 started and #3 does not seem to have occurred yet.
4/13/2017 1:28 PM
I guess Ill check back in an hour and hopefully something will have updated on #3.
4/13/2017 1:30 PM
In my view this is THE single biggest f-up about this game, it's bad enough that we have to arrange our lives around this rather than the other way around anyway but then to further delay what used to be metronomical proves that there IS an issue and like mojolad suggests, it is this that will cause most to finally hang up their clipboards!
4/13/2017 1:31 PM
Perhaps they just want us all to quit, so when they shut down they won't have to give refunds. I hope not.
4/13/2017 1:32 PM
Dobie seems to be running faster. There are about 13,150 recruits in Dobie (roughly). It looks like there are about 4500 left to process emails for.
4/13/2017 1:32 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/13/2017 1:28:00 PM (view original):
So, the question about the relationship of Dobie/Wilk recruiting is answered. The sequence of events:

1. Wilkinson Emails
2. Dobie Emails
3. Wilkinson Considering
4. Dobie Considering

I'm guessing on #3 and #4, but seems reasonable since #2 started and #3 does not seem to have occurred yet.
Throw in Yost and Bryant still recruitting equals BIG problems.
4/13/2017 1:34 PM
Posted by graham1958 on 4/13/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/13/2017 1:28:00 PM (view original):

1. Wilkinson Emails
2. Dobie Emails
3. Wilkinson Considering
4. Dobie Considering

Throw in Yost and Bryant still recruitting equals BIG problems.
Good point. So... I believe the order is Wilkinson -> Bryant -> Dobie -> Yost.

If Bryant and Yost are late in recruiting, hopefully there's not terribly much to process. The gap between Wilkinson and Dobie seems to have been pretty small.
4/13/2017 1:36 PM
I had several e-mails come in between 1:05 and 1:10 then none for a while then another big batch between 1:31 and now. Still trickling in. No status changes yet. Very disruptive to know when to do each recruiting session.
Posted by polarsi on 4/13/2017 1:31:00 PM (view original):
In my view this is THE single biggest f-up about this game, it's bad enough that we have to arrange our lives around this rather than the other way around anyway but then to further delay what used to be metronomical proves that there IS an issue and like mojolad suggests, it is this that will cause most to finally hang up their clipboards!
Good then it'll just be me and 119 SiMS then maybe Ill win a Championship. WOO HOO!!!
Finally got the last of my emails in Dobie...crossing my fingers that the considering part gets done within the next hour...
Just got my last e-mails in Dobie too.
4/13/2017 1:40 PM
I dont remember it being this way, Why is it taking so long now?
4/13/2017 1:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
What's going on with the engine? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.