$52 Million Commentary LVIII Topic

Posted by uptowngbv on 5/10/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
I've made sacrifices to get there, but I'm proud of my 54.3 orb% through the first 4 picks.
i really thought you were going to go in another direction with the pf spot....you were all set up for the guy
5/10/2017 4:15 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/10/2017 4:11:00 PM (view original):
ltb....you might enjoy watching south parks "my future self n' me"

That episode was gold; especially the end.
5/10/2017 5:09 PM
I'll do a mini commentary when selecting the division draft.
5/10/2017 5:39 PM
I'll post some commentary this weekend, possibly Thurs or Fri...for those looking forward to my cutting analysis haha
5/10/2017 5:47 PM
mini mini commentary
favorite teams thus far -

mikee1 - didn't think of getting Love at that spot. You always come up with something interesting. I've seen Love used as a third wheel big man before, but this might actually work.

I don't like how Love's getting undervalued these days. 3's and rebounds (and passing, if you use 13-14) like he's able to give you? C'mon guys. Dude's a gem.

maglor1 - nice balance, and great pickup in Lanier. You needed a defensive anchor, and I personally think no team does well without a C with at least 74 defense (but more likely 80). Your team will be hard to beat with all that defense, especially with Rodman dominating the boards.

longtallbrad - this reminds me of the team......I can't remember what league it was in or whose team it was, but the last Draymond/Harden collaboration was pretty sick. Sure, you'll turn the ball over, but you'll probably be top five in scoring.

bds9992 - I've decided I like my team after all. High eFG%? Check. Rebounds? Check. Passing? Check. Low turnovers? Check. RINGS? 19 and counting. Defense? Not so much, but.....you know. If I'm only missing one of these, I should be in good shape. (planning on using 90-91 MJ, 07-08 Amar'e, 63-64 Russell and 05-06 Odom)

5/10/2017 6:37 PM
At this rate, quality big men will be a dime a dozen in the fifth round.
5/10/2017 6:46 PM
My Big Conversation went beautifully well. Thanks for the various perspectives and wisdom, brothers.
5/10/2017 9:52 PM
Thanks for the plug, bds. I have no real idea how my team would do, but it'll be fun to run the experiment. I've always stayed away from Harden's high-octane seasons, but as I soon as I picked Draymond I knew I wanted to play the two of them together.
5/10/2017 9:54 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/10/2017 9:52:00 PM (view original):
My Big Conversation went beautifully well. Thanks for the various perspectives and wisdom, brothers.
Great to hear!
5/10/2017 9:58 PM
Surprised non of you sharks have knocked my Lever pick yet!
5/11/2017 12:14 AM (edited)
Posted by bigthirsty on 5/11/2017 12:14:00 AM (view original):
Surprised non of you sharks have knocked my Lever pick yet!
not yet...keyword "yet."
5/11/2017 12:39 AM
The thing is that I took Deron Williams in part so that bigthirsty wouldn't have had the chance to copy cat my revolutionary championship team featuring Wilt from many seasons ago.

In RL I loved Fat Lever. In this league it's very difficult for him to be on a title contender.

BTW all of you are lucky that I turned down bigthirsty's very generous offer to trade all of my picks straight up for all of his picks LOL! But I already did the Wilt thing in this league before and the bigger challenge to me was build a title contender around LeBron.

Plus, there were so many haters when I traded all of my picks with jethroegg to get Wilt that it just wasn't worth it to deal with that hate all over again. The hate from the deal that dh555 just did stealing Anthony Mason from scudmissle for his 5th round pick pales in comparison.
5/11/2017 1:13 AM
Funny thing I have 2 titles in my other league with Wilt. Williams was my point. I was hoping for him!
5/11/2017 4:06 AM
Guy's I'm just trying to stir the pot here. But yeah if an owner gets Wilt plus Deron Williams its hard to beat that.

Didn't the rest of you see the pennsylvania pick of Isiah Thomas - Detroit coming LOL? It just had to happen didn't it.?
5/11/2017 9:16 AM
  • uptown has amassed ridiculous offensive rebounding capability.That said, defenders will be packing the paint against the likes of Moses, Horace and Buck.
  • That Wilt team could be light on boards, even with Fat’s help.And light on usage, unless one of the Stilt’s monster scoring seasons is being used, in which case the team is light on 3s.
  • In this league, dh either really goes all in for D or he really doesn’t.This appears to be a “really doesn’t” team.Wicked efficiency, built around two studs who (between them) can do it all on the offensive end.Defense does seem to win out in this league more often than not, but so far this Durant-Barkley-Calderon start is feeling like one of the rare offense-oriented squads that will threaten to go the distance.That said, I don’t love the Mason addition.He’s definitely the kind of high-quality utility player the team needs, but I’m accustomed to seeing both him and Barkley at SF at this cap level to maximize a team’s rebounding potential.
  • Again with the Spencer love from bandit.But Haywood plays a very clean game and rebounds well for a billion minutes.If his efg were two points higher he could be a late third round staple.I was concerned about assists with this squad when I figured Marques was the SG.Now that I see he and Bobby are the forwards, I’m concerned about boards.
  • I like the Stockton-Duncan-McGrady trio.Tracy will shoot them out of some games, but he’ll also take over some games.If a couple low-usage defenders who grab boards can be added, watch out.
  • penn is clearly, at some level, kidding.Maybe he gets the assist bump here, but I don’t get Jalen Rose as part of any kind of serious strategy.Am I missing something.
  • I can’t wait to see how jhsukow finishes out his starting five.He must have had someone in mind from the beginning – some high usage SF he was pretty sure no one else would take.I can think of one guy in particular who would connect the dots for this squad if he’s still available, but it still feels like a big roll of the dice.
5/11/2017 1:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...12 Next ▸
$52 Million Commentary LVIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.