Biased Media Topic

Posted by The Taint on 1/8/2018 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Lol. You really don’t have any clue to taxes do you? He said taxable income. You realize theirs non-taxable income also. Child support. Gifts. Inheritance.
Gifts and inheritance over a certain amount is taxed. Not sure about child support, but I would assume you're correct with that.
1/8/2018 4:42 PM
Lol. You really don’t have any clue to taxes do you? He said taxable income. You realize theirs non-taxable income also. Child support. Gifts. Inheritance.
Semantics. And only some gifts are not taxable and same with inheritance. What about the fact that there are very few properties that are valued at $250k? I know you and BL are boyfriends but chill, let him fight his own battles
1/8/2018 4:44 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/8/2018 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Gifts and inheritance over a certain amount is taxed. Not sure about child support, but I would assume you're correct with that.
Child support is not taxed
1/8/2018 4:44 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/8/2018 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/8/2018 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 3:28:00 PM (view original):
1) I gave you the answer why. It is not because they can, it is because they have to.

2) Property taxes differ by town and I bet MA is not higher than Cali. Well the highest taxes in MA vs. highest taxes in Cali. Our income tax is 5% yours is 13%. Quite the delta. We have the best schools and hospitals in the country. I would say your point is negated.

3) Again, subjective. Trump won the election, obviously many feel that he was qualified. Your example is indeed a false equivalency. Under BHO we had the rise of ISIS and BLM...under Trump we have tax reform.

4) I have. I don't see one iota of white supremacist rhetoric. Not one, while it was under the leadership of Andrew Breitbart. It was very pro Israel. Does that make them white supremacist by your operational definition?

1) um ok. We disagree on this.

2) well, you’re ignoring the fact that MA has a flat income tax and CA has brackets. So it isn’t as simple as 5 vs 13.

CA residents pay 1% up to X, 2% up to Y, 4% up to Z, etc. you don’t get to 13% until you have income over $1m. So, to go back to your $300k CA vs IN, a guy with 300k in taxable income doesn’t pay $39k in state income tax. He pays waaaaay less than that. He never actually gets to 13%. Only 30k in income is even taxed at 10%. His effective rate is single digits.

Most people in CA pay the same or less in state income tax than MA residents. And CA has lower property taxes.
Hmmm....I'll have to look at that. I will take your word for it for every publication has 13%. Cali also has a higher sales tax and they have to borrow because their expenses outpace their revenues. It would be one thing if the budget were balanced but they borrower for infrastructure or schools.
Doesn't seem like you really know what you're talking about. Maybe don't argue about taxes?

Every publication lists 13% as the top tax rate in CA but the average household pays far less than that.

For example, someone with $60k in taxable income, a $250k property, and $25k in purchases subject to sales tax actually pays less taxes in CA than someone living in Essex County MA ($6,617 vs $7,697).

LOL if you only make $60k how can you afford $25k in purchases and a $250k property? Please give real examples. Giant Dummy.
Um...ok, way to completely ignore the point, but reduce those to $150,000 and $10,000 and you still pay more in taxes in MA.

Or increase the income to $90k but leave the others at $250k and $25k and you're still paying more in MA.

Regardless, I'm not sure why you brought MA into this. Like CA, it's a relatively high tax state, provides a lot of services to its residents, is solidly blue, and sends more money to the feds than it takes back.

On the other hand, a state like West Virginia collects relatively low taxes and doesn't provide very comprehensive services to its residents, and ends up taking in a lot more in federal assistance.

Which goes back to my point. When the fed allow you to deduct (not refund) SALT, it's acknowledging that the money the state collects is being used (in part) to bear a burden that the fed would have to cover in its absence.
1/8/2018 4:46 PM
This is why you get 55 electoral votes as you have nearly 40mil people to 2mil for WVA. Deduct is the same as refund when you itemize (more or less). Have you ever itemized? MA is better than Cali in terms of schools and healthcare, we should pay more. :)
1/8/2018 4:49 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/8/2018 9:57:00 AM (view original):
As to negayive coverage I have 2 thoughts.
1. Negative coverage to a bad candidate is nothing new. Fox was 24/7 anti-Obama, scraping the bottom of the barrel for his presidency. We are STILL TALKING ABOUT OBAMA. Trump is nothing new. Guess what: If you are the presjdent, people will talk about you. And if you do stupid ****, people will talk about you negatively.
2. Could jt be that *gasp* Trump brought a lot of this on himself? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, if he would get the hell off of Twitter and stop saying and doing stupid ****, PROPLE WON'T COVER YOU AS NEGATIVELY!! When you come out of the gate with a blatant lie as small as your inauguration crowd, you will be covered negatively.

As for fake news, Trump was helped out by facebook more than any other news.
Aside from Fox, who else gave BHO mostly negative coverage. For DJT its most everyone sans Fox.
Right wing publications like Breitbart, Facebook, ETC.

DJT is not getting 'negative coverage' overall besides CNN, MSN, and left-wing cronies. CBS, et al are neutral.
1/8/2018 4:52 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/8/2018 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Of course. My wife's parents give my wife 28k a year because that's the threshold. Doesn't change the fact that the financial wizard didn't take these things into consideration when he said it was unrealistic.
1/8/2018 4:52 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/8/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 1/8/2018 4:35:00 PM (view original):
1) I gave you the answer why. It is not because they can, it is because they have to.

2) Property taxes differ by town and I bet MA is not higher than Cali. Well the highest taxes in MA vs. highest taxes in Cali. Our income tax is 5% yours is 13%. Quite the delta. We have the best schools and hospitals in the country. I would say your point is negated.

3) Again, subjective. Trump won the election, obviously many feel that he was qualified. Your example is indeed a false equivalency. Under BHO we had the rise of ISIS and BLM...under Trump we have tax reform.

4) I have. I don't see one iota of white supremacist rhetoric. Not one, while it was under the leadership of Andrew Breitbart. It was very pro Israel. Does that make them white supremacist by your operational definition?

2) well, you’re ignoring the fact that MA has a flat income tax and CA has brackets. So it isn’t as simple as 5 vs 13.

CA residents pay 1% up to X, 2% up to Y, 4% up to Z, etc. you don’t get to 13% until you have income over $1m. So, to go back to your $300k CA vs IN, a guy with 300k in taxable income doesn’t pay $39k in state income tax. He pays waaaaay less than that. He never actually gets to 13%. Only 30k in income is even taxed at 10%. His effective rate is single digits.

Most people in CA pay the same or less in state income tax than MA residents. And CA has lower property taxes.
Hmmm....I'll have to look at that. I will take your word for it for every publication has 13%. Cali also has a higher sales tax and they have to borrow because their expenses outpace their revenues. It would be one thing if the budget were balanced but they borrower for infrastructure or schools.
Doesn't seem like you really know what you're talking about. Maybe don't argue about taxes?

Every publication lists 13% as the top tax rate in CA but the average household pays far less than that.

For example, someone with $60k in taxable income, a $250k property, and $25k in purchases subject to sales tax actually pays less taxes in CA than someone living in Essex County MA ($6,617 vs $7,697).

Well, we now know why Cali runs a deficit. Spend way too much and bring in way too little.
The property tax rate needs to rise but it won't because people who own a lot of property in California have a lot of power.
Property taxes cause inequality in schools
1/8/2018 4:53 PM
Texas is a donor state. Is Texas blue?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/17/red-states-tax-takers-blue-states-tax-makers/
1/8/2018 4:54 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/8/2018 4:52:00 PM (view original):
1. Negative coverage to a bad candidate is nothing new. Fox was 24/7 anti-Obama, scraping the bottom of the barrel for his presidency. We are STILL TALKING ABOUT OBAMA. Trump is nothing new. Guess what: If you are the presjdent, people will talk about you. And if you do stupid ****, people will talk about you negatively.
2. Could jt be that *gasp* Trump brought a lot of this on himself? Maybe, JUST MAYBE, if he would get the hell off of Twitter and stop saying and doing stupid ****, PROPLE WON'T COVER YOU AS NEGATIVELY!! When you come out of the gate with a blatant lie as small as your inauguration crowd, you will be covered negatively.

Aside from Fox, who else gave BHO mostly negative coverage. For DJT its most everyone sans Fox.

DJT is not getting 'negative coverage' overall besides CNN, MSN, and left-wing cronies. CBS, et al are neutral.
Really? Look at Yahoo! and find one positive DJT story.
1/8/2018 4:55 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 4:49:00 PM (view original):
This is why you get 55 electoral votes as you have nearly 40mil people to 2mil for WVA. Deduct is the same as refund when you itemize (more or less). Have you ever itemized? MA is better than Cali in terms of schools and healthcare, we should pay more. :)
Deduct is the same as refund when you itemize??????????

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are MikeT in disguise???????
Posted by tangplay on 1/8/2018 4:53:00 PM (view original):

Well, we now know why Cali runs a deficit. Spend way too much and bring in way too little.
The property tax rate needs to rise but it won't because people who own a lot of property in California have a lot of power.
To some extent, they do. But our school system has busing. Are you familiar with busing?
Posted by bad_luck on 1/8/2018 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Deduct is the same as refund when you itemize??????????

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are MikeT in disguise???????
If my refund is $1,000 and I change by excise tax deduction from $100 to $200 my refund will be $1,100. When you itemize it is basically dollar for dollar once you reach a certain threshold.

Have you ever itemized? Answer the question instead of dancing around it. LOL.
1/8/2018 4:59 PM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/8/2018 4:52:00 PM (view original):

Really? Look at Yahoo! and find one positive DJT story.
Yahoo leans left. Not too biased though.
1/8/2018 5:01 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/8/2018 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/8/2018 4:53:00 PM (view original):

To some extent, they do. But our school system has busing. Are you familiar with busing?
I am curious as to what busing has to do with it.
1/8/2018 5:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...99 Next ▸
Biased Media Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.