Posted by cjsweat on 7/26/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Forget ease. Yatzr and Guess make the game fun. If there's no plan to fix these tools, or at least provide some sort of replacement, I may very well leave. I love the game, but those tools have been incredibly valuable to me.
This.
7/26/2018 11:21 PM
Posted by hatroq on 7/26/2018 11:21:00 PM (view original):
Forget ease. Yatzr and Guess make the game fun. If there's no plan to fix these tools, or at least provide some sort of replacement, I may very well leave. I love the game, but those tools have been incredibly valuable to me.
This.
yep.... two games into Wilk season and I'm not game planning. just throwing a bland playbook in and letting it sim. the tools allowed for strategy tobe implemented without spending hours compiling data that is just there. I'm not going to dedicate hours to the game. I love dedicating 30-45 minutes a day to it. without the game analyzer, specifically, though, I'm not using strategy which takes a lot of the gamesmanship out of it for me, personally, and minimizes it into more of a roll of the dice. I'll prolly pull my teams and wait to see if tools are reintroduced or alternatives programmed from within WIS.
7/26/2018 11:42 PM
ditto. No more money spent to play GD.
7/26/2018 11:57 PM
heheeee Stop
7/27/2018 3:39 AM
Posted by SchoolyMe on 7/26/2018 11:42:00 PM (view original):
This.
yep.... two games into Wilk season and I'm not game planning. just throwing a bland playbook in and letting it sim. the tools allowed for strategy tobe implemented without spending hours compiling data that is just there. I'm not going to dedicate hours to the game. I love dedicating 30-45 minutes a day to it. without the game analyzer, specifically, though, I'm not using strategy which takes a lot of the gamesmanship out of it for me, personally, and minimizes it into more of a roll of the dice. I'll prolly pull my teams and wait to see if tools are reintroduced or alternatives programmed from within WIS.
Same....lost a game yesterday....perhaps because I deserved it....but I was totally unable to do my normal scouting routine and gameplan....I just threw out my base offense and defense and let the chips fall. Still was close....but hardly worth spending money on that.....
7/27/2018 10:30 AM
Game analyzer is working now. Yatzr released an update. Go get it and donate. All of you (like me) who said he is the man....lets show him.
7/27/2018 10:30 AM
I was actually looking forward to competing against everyone NOT using Yatzr or Game Analyzer. Got two NC's under my belt and have never used either. I know I'm far and away an outlier here and maybe I could have won more had I used both, but I've been interested in seeing what happens with a season or two without it.
7/27/2018 12:24 PM
Posted by robbman21 on 7/27/2018 12:24:00 PM (view original):
I was actually looking forward to competing against everyone NOT using Yatzr or Game Analyzer. Got two NC's under my belt and have never used either. I know I'm far and away an outlier here and maybe I could have won more had I used both, but I've been interested in seeing what happens with a season or two without it.
It's not a magic potion that raises your winning percentage. It doesn't give you gameplanning tips or tell you how to recruit. It simply reduces the time for simple tasks.
7/27/2018 12:50 PM
I use the game analyzer, but I played a couple games without it and only took a few minutes more. Maybe people know how to use it better than I do, but really isn't a deal breaker with me. This game isn't that difficult to figure out:o)
7/27/2018 1:05 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 7/27/2018 10:30:00 AM (view original):
This.
Same....lost a game yesterday....perhaps because I deserved it....but I was totally unable to do my normal scouting routine and gameplan....I just threw out my base offense and defense and let the chips fall. Still was close....but hardly worth spending money on that.....
Sorry about that game harris! I felt the same about my playbook, if it makes you feel any better.
7/27/2018 1:49 PM
Posted by udmlaw on 7/27/2018 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by harriswb3 on 7/27/2018 10:30:00 AM (view original):
This.
Sorry about that game harris! I felt the same about my playbook, if it makes you feel any better.
I certainly don't want to take anything away from you. It was an interesting game from my perspective. I learned a couple of things.
7/27/2018 2:26 PM
Posted by bomber085 on 7/27/2018 12:50:00 PM (view original):
It's not a magic potion that raises your winning percentage. It doesn't give you gameplanning tips or tell you how to recruit. It simply reduces the time for simple tasks.
As someone who has played the game first without the Game Analyzer and then with it, I believe the "magic" can best be illustrated in the following way. If two coaches with similarly talented teams each have 10 minutes to game plan and coach A doesn't use the GA (say, he didn't know know about it or didn't pay the donation or didn't hear that it was free to use for a couple of months yet) and coach B does use GA, which coach can reasonably be expected to have an advantage?

Time is a factor in good game planning, and good recruiting for that matter (if A and B each have 10 minutes to recruit ...). The coach that has the tools to make the most of the time available is probably going to see better results. Is that cheating? No, no one is breaking any rules. But is it an advantage? I think reasonably so, yes. And to one degree or another, small or large, to the extent that some benefit from these tools and others don't, I feel it necessarily creates an uneven playing field.

That's why I feel that the features of yatzr's tools should be made part of the game, or until then, yatzr's tools in full should be made available to everyone.
7/27/2018 2:43 PM (edited)
Good news is that without yatzr's recruiting tool there will be a whole lot less of everyone. However, the SimAi's will reign supreme!
7/27/2018 2:39 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 7/27/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bomber085 on 7/27/2018 12:50:00 PM (view original):
As someone who has played the game first without the Game Analyzer and then with it, I believe the "magic" can best be illustrated in the following way. If two coaches with similarly talented teams each have 10 minutes to game plan and coach A doesn't use the GA (say, he didn't know know about it or didn't pay the donation or didn't hear that it was free to use for a couple of months yet) and coach B does use GA, which coach can reasonably be expected to have an advantage?

Time is a factor in good game planning, and good recruiting for that matter (if A and B each have 10 minutes to recruit ...). The coach that has the tools to make the most of the time available is probably going to see better results. Is that cheating? No, no one is breaking any rules. But is it an advantage? I think reasonably so, yes. And to one degree or another, small or large, to the extent that some benefit from these tools and others don't, I feel it necessarily creates an uneven playing field.

That's why I feel that the features of yatzr's tools should be made part of the game, or until then, yatzr's tools in full should be made available to everyone.
"Is that cheating? No, no one is breaking any rules."

Actually the yatzr tools are very obvious violations of site rules against scrapers/bots. Seble's refusal to enforce these rules confuses me, especially considering there are real money games in his sandbox now.
7/27/2018 3:28 PM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 7/27/2018 1:05:00 PM (view original):
I use the game analyzer, but I played a couple games without it and only took a few minutes more. Maybe people know how to use it better than I do, but really isn't a deal breaker with me. This game isn't that difficult to figure out:o)
I'm in the same camp. For big games, I may use it to better understand tendencies, but most coaches have multiple gameplans to give teams different look, so it's not always easy to predict what teams will do.

As Bomber said, there's no magic bullet with Game Anayzer, and often I think I can get the same results just tweaking my base plans. I can respect those who enjoy the strategy component it adds to the game, though.
7/27/2018 4:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.