Read em and Weep Official Draft Thread Topic

Posted by rooskie on 2/8/2019 1:02:00 PM (view original):
I sent commish a text and he said since I didn't understand I could repick.

P Frank Kraus

1 season only

EDIT: Didn't see he was taken and did a search with wrong spelling, will pick again.
Hopefully go this right this time.

Noodles Hahn
2/8/2019 1:05 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/8/2019 12:31:00 PM (view original):
I'll consider it, gees. In fact if I land 1901 Nap the team will be named after him for sure!

For now my pick is Dave Foutz.

I've got the best seasons of Bonds/Nap/Foutz loaded up oh-so-hopefully in my draft center. It's already a $66M team!

Aargh, I'm in the same boat as rooskie, didn't realize the rule about players who were both pitchers and batters.

I'm changing my pick to Jack Pfiester.
2/8/2019 1:08 PM
Joe Wood
2/8/2019 1:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by crazystengel on 2/8/2019 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 2/8/2019 12:31:00 PM (view original):
I'll consider it, gees. In fact if I land 1901 Nap the team will be named after him for sure!

For now my pick is Dave Foutz.

I've got the best seasons of Bonds/Nap/Foutz loaded up oh-so-hopefully in my draft center. It's already a $66M team!

Aargh, I'm in the same boat as rooskie, didn't realize the rule about players who were both pitchers and batters.

I'm changing my pick to Jack Pfiester.
cool I hope to watch your team then
2/8/2019 2:40 PM
Posted by vilefileman on 2/8/2019 2:28:00 PM (view original):
"You'll be assigned a random season of every player you draft, We'll send EACH ELIGIBLE SEASON of a player's CAREER through random.org's number generator"

There is no grey area here guys. It's spelled out as each eligible season.This is why you get a mulligan. You could get one of Babe Ruth's pitching seasons and have to use your mulligan.

Last year's draft Dave Foutz went in the second round. Its a strategic pick. To arbitrarily take Foutz and Smith off the board then put them back on the board several picks later is unfair to those who may have wanted one of them in the interim and chose someone else which would then have altered the entire draft.

It's buyer beware.

Having said that, if they wanted to surrender Foutz and Smith then they should at least have had to wait until the end of the round (personally I'd make them wait until the end of the draft) to replace them.

I feel like we're making up the rules as we go along.

Whatever the commish decides, I'll go along with. Since rooskie got the go ahead from Taint though, I assumed the same standard would apply to me.
2/8/2019 2:47 PM
Lefty Grove
2/8/2019 3:01 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/8/2019 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vilefileman on 2/8/2019 2:28:00 PM (view original):
"You'll be assigned a random season of every player you draft, We'll send EACH ELIGIBLE SEASON of a player's CAREER through random.org's number generator"

There is no grey area here guys. It's spelled out as each eligible season.This is why you get a mulligan. You could get one of Babe Ruth's pitching seasons and have to use your mulligan.

Last year's draft Dave Foutz went in the second round. Its a strategic pick. To arbitrarily take Foutz and Smith off the board then put them back on the board several picks later is unfair to those who may have wanted one of them in the interim and chose someone else which would then have altered the entire draft.

It's buyer beware.

Having said that, if they wanted to surrender Foutz and Smith then they should at least have had to wait until the end of the round (personally I'd make them wait until the end of the draft) to replace them.

I feel like we're making up the rules as we go along.

Whatever the commish decides, I'll go along with. Since rooskie got the go ahead from Taint though, I assumed the same standard would apply to me.
I'm good with the repicks as is. I really don't think it harms anyone, the database is huge and no unfair advantage is gained.
2/8/2019 3:05 PM
cstrohmier
To:
The Taint
Received:
2/8/2019 2:41:00 PM
Subject:
Proxy pick
I’m sending this to both Shysters3 and The Taint.

Could one of you please post my pick. I’m up at 3.

Roger Clemens
2/8/2019 3:11 PM
Nolan Arenado 3B
2/8/2019 3:44 PM
*~*~ *~*~* ROUND 3 *~*~* *~*~* FRIDAY FEB 8

1. erne6 Russ Ford
2. Dorkster Frank Knauss
3. The Taint Charlie Gehringer
4. rooskie Noodles Hahn
5. dilligafdbp Joe McGinnity
6. ledfoot Mookie Betts
7. Danidon Jocko Flynn
8. crazystengel Jack Pfeister
9. moses_k Tip O'Neil
10. farleyfustle Joe Wood
11. royhobbs09 Nolan Arenado
12. Shysters3 Lefty Grove
13. cstrohmier Roger Clemens
14. dahsdebater 3:30 PM
15. hansk 4:00 PM
16. verynice 4:30 PM
17. strubrosll 5:00 PM
18. Cholatse 5:30 PM
19. daddyzander 6:00 PM
20. Ace1430 6:30 PM
21. Chitownbluz 7:00 PM
22. goldenmo 7:30 PM
23. vilefileman 8:00 PM
24. trbrew 8:30 PM
2/8/2019 3:54 PM
Randy Johnson
2/8/2019 4:27 PM
H.Aaron
2/8/2019 5:04 PM
Well, since I got stuck in the lab and missed out on the Big Unit, I guess I'll take John McGraw.
2/8/2019 5:39 PM
Todd Helton
2/8/2019 6:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...55 Next ▸
Read em and Weep Official Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.