FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Swamp City challenge sent
3/10/2020 8:19 PM
Posted by MathewT on 3/10/2020 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 3/10/2020 2:20:00 PM (view original):
For the first time in FC Dynasty Cup history, we have ourselves a tie!

#3 Swamp City Dragons and #14 Fort Worth Longhorns are in an absolute tie with a 3-3 aggregate and both teams scoring one away goal. As the higher seed, Swamp City has the option to host an additional game. As long as Swamp City sends the challenge and Fort Worth accepts before the evening of the 12th, the additional game will decide the series. Otherwise, we'll go to a coin flip. Any questions about the tiebreaker procedure, please ask.

In the other game, Metropolitan Screaming Eagles defeats Burnaby Hillbillies in a hard-fought series.
I would hate to see this game go to a coin toss. I am all for the 3rd game hosted by Swamp City and will accept asap
Good luck MathewT
3/10/2020 8:20 PM
It looks like we have a couple days lull. The tiebreaker contest between Swamp City Dragons and Fort Worth Longhorns has successfully been scheduled for 3/13/20, which happens to be the same day Capital Punishment and Swampdragons play their final match.

Regarding the tiebreaker game, it's either win outright or we have a coin flip. Away goals are now irrelevant (since only Fort Worth could score one.)
3/11/2020 8:05 AM
Posted by b_dykman on 3/7/2020 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Crunchanators- you need to challenge me as well.
Brandon5135 (crutchanators) advised me in a sitemail on Tuesday evening (March 10th) that he has sent you a challenge in an early slot. If you see two challenges from him, you only need to accept one of them, preferably the earliest one.
3/11/2020 8:10 AM
I've accepted- it took him a couple days to get it out there.
3/11/2020 4:49 PM
Posted by b_dykman on 3/11/2020 4:49:00 PM (view original):
I've accepted- it took him a couple days to get it out there.
Yeah, he told me yesterday that he forgot it was a home and away series. I'm just glad the game is going to be played rather than me having to make some Solomon-like decision about who gets eliminated.

I asked him to send you two challenges in case the first one aged off. The game at 7pm on March 12th will be the one that counts as the 2nd leg of the Knockout Round. The game on March 14th is just for fun.
3/11/2020 9:55 PM (edited)
The three remaining games and now locked in place and the First Round will officially conclude on March 13, 2020.

I'll post additional details about the Quarterfinals as soon as the last game is played.
3/13/2020 6:18 AM (edited)
the crutchanators of soccer survive a 2-2 draw against #1 seed NDFC and takes the series with a 6-4 aggregate, although NDFC's striker Brodrick Buchanan still leads the L'Orteil D'or with 10 goals.

Tomorrow is the final day of First Round action.
3/12/2020 8:20 PM
The First Round of the knockouts is now in the books. Two goals by defender Blaze Whitney in the final 8 minutes couldn't overcome the 85th minute winner by striker Campbell Whiting as Fort Worth Longhorns advances over Swamp City Dragons with a 7-6 aggregate (4-3 in the first-ever tiebreaker game.)

I'll finalize the round and post the Quarterfinals on Saturday the 14th.
3/13/2020 8:42 PM (edited)
The First Round has been verified and the Quarterfinals are ready to go.

The time frame for the Quarterfinals is March 16th through March 23rd (feel free to start scheduling now.) The week is in case one of you guys wants to pull a Fort Worth and win the series in the final five minutes of a tiebreaker game. The Knockout Rounds are a home and away set that use aggregate goals, with away goals as the first tiebreaker. If there is an absolute tie between the two teams, there is the option for an additional game to be played rather than both teams hoping to win a coin flip. The higher seed has the option to host (send the challenge to) the lower seed...and the game will count as long as that game is scheduled within the time frame. Again, it is optional. If no game is scheduled, your fate belongs to random.org.

The Semifinals will begin two days after the Quarters end, so if all four match-ups are decided before the 23rd, we'll move on and not simply wait around. I'll post the dates of each game as they get scheduled so that everyone can see when the matches will occur. Good luck to the final eight teams.
3/14/2020 12:38 PM
With all sports canceled right now it's nice to have this at least!
3/14/2020 1:55 PM
Posted by MathewT on 3/14/2020 1:55:00 PM (view original):
With all sports canceled right now it's nice to have this at least!
With the NCAA tournament cancelled, this is the new March Madness! (sort of...)
3/14/2020 2:17 PM
World 59 played it's last game of the season this morning. Granite State, in only it's 4th season, has finished first, going 36-0-2. The 2 losses of course coming at the hands of Capital Punishment. Cap had 2 losses and 2 draws before we played our first game. He caught wind of this tournament and rearranged his line-up and i believe he hasn't lost yet. I won our league but i feel like Maxie Devine to Caps Christopher Dubois and he's on a "Quest". He might be loosing an important player during the rollover though. Good Luck World 59 ! Great Job gomiami and thank you. I hope to have a better showing next time and i'm bringing the world 59 Italian powerhouse " Rubicon Piadene" with me !
3/15/2020 11:48 AM
The Quarterfinals open up tonight at 7pm with Fort Worth Longhorns hosting Hespeler Impact.

It's interesting how the seedings (and the upsets) fell into place to create these pairings. The Quarterfinals feature both remaining teams from World 59 playing each other and both remaining World 79 teams playing each other.

I wonder if they're talking smack in the world chat?
3/16/2020 9:23 AM
Heck yeah....it's trash talking time in World 59. Not sure how I am playing a #7 seed though..I was hoping for the #15 seed...lol...I'm on a 31 match win streak
3/16/2020 6:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.