Chain Reaction Draft Topic

Posted by skinndogg on 5/8/2020 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Even an hour per pick would be quicker than what we are doing.
I agree. But this took a long time to fill so I want to give owners a little time to get into it. We’ve had to replace two owners already, and I think that was done fairly quickly. If Round 2 is this slow, we’ll definitely start a clock in Round 3.
5/8/2020 1:52 PM
SP Johan Santana
5/8/2020 2:21 PM
Pstuts’ next pick will also be assigned to ej. Then pstuts can kick off Round 2 as well.
5/8/2020 2:31 PM
Sorry, taking me a second.... Santana threw me for a little bit of a loop.

Last pick round #1 - Wade Boggs
5/8/2020 2:48 PM (edited)
First Pick round #2 - Cy Young
5/8/2020 2:48 PM
SP Dallas Keuchel
5/8/2020 2:56 PM
Joe Dimaggio
5/8/2020 3:07 PM
Posted by pstuts73 on 5/8/2020 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, taking me a second.... Santana threw me for a little bit of a loop.

Last pick round #1 - Wade Boggs
Fun watching everyone's play styles really disrupting plans. I'll continue to enjoy until someone decides to mess up my plans!
5/8/2020 3:21 PM
There were a couple players I was surprised to see go in Round 1. Thankfully none affected me.
5/8/2020 3:31 PM
jtp, how are we going to handle people who miss their picks within their time slots? Like how will it effect the person picking behind them? Once they pick, do you still get the player they eventually pick? Just asking, because once we get towards end especially, you may have to base your pick off of who picks before you to figure out depth
5/8/2020 5:14 PM
I was planning to just let them catch up after the fact but I suppose that could negatively impact the next person if it takes too long. Let me give it some thought but hopefully we can avoid it.
5/8/2020 5:26 PM
Just a suggestion,

Give a long time slot, say 2. Hours (or something like that.)
If they miss they go to the end of the round and the next person gets the previous pick.
5/8/2020 5:29 PM
Any thought of just bumping them down until they pick? Say they are supposed to pick 2nd at round 3 and don't pick until 8th, everyone continues to get person who picked right before them until they pick.
I'm just spit balling, I absolutely love this idea, even if I have already gotten a player I didnt want lol
5/8/2020 5:30 PM
The only problem with that is they could wait and jump in when they see a player they like, that is why I said they go to the end.

5/8/2020 5:34 PM
That’s definitely a thought, although someone could then intentionally miss a pick if they don’t line the player they are assigned.

Another option is to let the next person pick two players, with one getting assigned backwards to the player who missed the pick.
5/8/2020 5:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...34 Next ▸
Chain Reaction Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.