Packing the Court Topic

Posted by Uofa2 on 10/28/2020 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 10/28/2020 8:10:00 PM (view original):
So sniffing little girls' hair is a normal interaction? He doesn't just sniff little girls' hair, but all females of all ages.
A 'good and decent man' isn't accused of sexual assault by Tara Reade.
A 'good and decent man' isn't up to his ears in corruption scandals.
A 'good and decent man' doesn't give the eulogy at a former KKK leader's funeral (Robert Byrd).

But, I'm sure you and your delusion can rationalize all of those thing, just like you rationalized him saying racist things.
It’s a normal interaction y’all take out of context and is super weird, weirdo

Even the Trump team didn’t touch the two ton pile of horseshit that was the Reade story

Robert Byrd is a testament to someone making up for past mistakes as he died one of the staunchest civil rights advocates in the senate

Fail harder, troll
From what I understand, you're right on Byrd. I believe he fully renounced the KKK later on in his life. As a person on the left, I believe in rehabilitation. Being racist at one point doesn't mean that you are condemned to that worldview forever.
10/28/2020 8:17 PM
So sniffing little girls' hair is a normal interaction? He doesn't just sniff little girls' hair, but all females of all ages.
A 'good and decent man' doesn't give the eulogy at a former KKK leader's funeral (Robert Byrd).

But, I'm sure you and your delusion can rationalize all of those thing, just like you rationalized him saying racist things.
The key word here is accused.Just because he was accused that does not make him guilty. At least that is what numerous Republicans have repatedly told me about Kavanaugh and Trump and all of Trump's indicted buddies. The same applies to these "corruption scandals" Biden is "up to his ears" in. Show me some evidence, and by evidence, I don't mean that gasbag, Guliani, saying it.
I agree with you in some of what you say. In general, all politicians are liars, and all politicians are corrupt at least a little, (I have often said "show me an honest politician and I will show you a failed politician) but in my view, whatever lies and corruption Biden is involved in pale in comparison to the lies and corruption Trump is involved in. Also, maybe its an act, but Biden at least gives the appearance of having some compassion for other people. Trump does not care about anyone but himself and possibly his family.
10/29/2020 12:06 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/29/2020 12:06:00 AM (view original):

The key word here is accused.Just because he was accused that does not make him guilty. At least that is what numerous Republicans have repatedly told me about Kavanaugh and Trump and all of Trump's indicted buddies. The same applies to these "corruption scandals" Biden is "up to his ears" in. Show me some evidence, and by evidence, I don't mean that gasbag, Guliani, saying it.
I agree with you in some of what you say. In general, all politicians are liars, and all politicians are corrupt at least a little, (I have often said "show me an honest politician and I will show you a failed politician) but in my view, whatever lies and corruption Biden is involved in pale in comparison to the lies and corruption Trump is involved in. Also, maybe its an act, but Biden at least gives the appearance of having some compassion for other people. Trump does not care about anyone but himself and possibly his family.
I don't think the "Biden is bad but Trump is worse" argument will appeal to this person.

The thesis of their argument seems to be that both sides are bad and stupid, so we should reject both, not choose the lesser of two evils.

Of course, I would fundamentally disagree. The lesser of two evils is, as the phrase suggests, less evil. Comparatively, a Biden win WILL mean more human happiness and prosperity than a Trump win. I also don't believe that voting necessarily furthers the system, or whatever. If you want the parties or the country to take a different path, you should use the primary process.

If you think about it, Trump guaranteed that this type of election would take place when he won in 2016. 40-45% of the country is so terrified of a second Trump term (and rightfully so) that they will do anything to get rid of him, up to and including nominating an old senile moderate because they think he will appeal to old white boomers in the Midwest. People didn't vote for Biden in the primary because they liked him. They nominated Biden because they thought he had the best chance of beating Trump.
10/29/2020 12:55 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/29/2020 12:56:00 AM (view original):

I don't think the "Biden is bad but Trump is worse" argument will appeal to this person.

The thesis of their argument seems to be that both sides are bad and stupid, so we should reject both, not choose the lesser of two evils.

Of course, I would fundamentally disagree. The lesser of two evils is, as the phrase suggests, less evil. Comparatively, a Biden win WILL mean more human happiness and prosperity than a Trump win. I also don't believe that voting necessarily furthers the system, or whatever. If you want the parties or the country to take a different path, you should use the primary process.

If you think about it, Trump guaranteed that this type of election would take place when he won in 2016. 40-45% of the country is so terrified of a second Trump term (and rightfully so) that they will do anything to get rid of him, up to and including nominating an old senile moderate because they think he will appeal to old white boomers in the Midwest. People didn't vote for Biden in the primary because they liked him. They nominated Biden because they thought he had the best chance of beating Trump.
Maybe they thought Biden had the best chance because they liked him. It’s taking away a whole hell of a lot of agency from people to go “they didn’t vote for Biden because they liked him.” I wasn’t one of those people but I recognize my vote was outnumbered.

Biden has consistently polled 7-10 points ahead of Trump since the summer of 2019 for a reason.
10/29/2020 8:09 AM
The “Biden is senile” crowd just crack me up. How do you look at the LIAR and not see a complete ******* MORON who is in so deep over his head that he’s swallowing his own bullshit. **** YOU and your bullshit attacks on Biden. All of you deplorables ought to take a long hard look in a mirror so you can see your bullshit and hypocrisy staring back at you. You LITERALLY make **** up and are full of LIES. You’re the worst, most uneducated and sycophantic voting block in the history of elections and you are going to get BURIED under the weight of your mental ineptitude.
10/29/2020 9:40 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/29/2020 8:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/29/2020 12:56:00 AM (view original):

Maybe they thought Biden had the best chance because they liked him. It’s taking away a whole hell of a lot of agency from people to go “they didn’t vote for Biden because they liked him.” I wasn’t one of those people but I recognize my vote was outnumbered.

Biden has consistently polled 7-10 points ahead of Trump since the summer of 2019 for a reason.
They like him... more than Trump.

In terms of policy preference among Democratic primary voters, poll after poll suggested that Biden was not favored based on policy. He won on electability.
10/29/2020 9:47 AM
I don't think Biden is evil at all. he certainly is noy perfect. Who is? But Biden is a lot closer to perfect than Trump, and while I'm not sure evil is the right word for Trump, he has shown me very little that is likeable or decent in a human being. He's a pathological liar. He's a bully. He does not care about anyone other than himself, and has no empathy for anyone else. He has a cheated on every wife he has had. He's screwed business partners . He doesn't seem to have a sense of humor. He is a miserable human being.
10/29/2020 1:56 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Packing the Court Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.