2016 Presidential Race Topic

LOL. BBBBBBBUT YOUR GUY'S FEWER ARE WORSE!
8/18/2015 3:46 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 8/18/2015 4:25:00 AM (view original):
How many of Obama's EO's have been overturned by the court system?
Better question is how many are being challenged IN the court system?

I didn't say his EOs are illegal... I said they are pushing the legal limits. If they weren't pushing the limits they wouldn't be challenged in court.
8/18/2015 6:36 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/18/2015 3:46:00 AM (view original):
LOL. BBBBBBBUT YOUR GUY'S FEWER ARE WORSE!
LOL. BBBBBBUT BBBBBBBUSH!!!
8/18/2015 7:04 AM
PAPA OR BABY?
8/18/2015 7:24 AM
Posted by moy23 on 8/18/2015 6:36:00 AM (view original):

I didn't say his EOs are illegal... I said they are pushing the legal limits. If they weren't pushing the limits they wouldn't be challenged in court.
If they're not illegal, then they are legal.  "Pushing the legal limits" is still legal.

What's the problem, other than you don't like them?

8/18/2015 7:25 AM
OBAMA IS ALWAYS ON VACATION!

YOUR HERO, REAGEN, TOOK MORE.

YEAH BUT OBAMA PLAYS GOLF, RONALD WAS AT THE RANCH RIDING HORSIES
8/18/2015 7:26 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/18/2015 7:25:00 AM (view original):

If they're not illegal, then they are legal.  "Pushing the legal limits" is still legal.

Bush used a controversial EO to restrict public access to presidential papers.... Obama uses them to 'manage' his healthcare initiative affecting millions of people and to tell immigration officers to not enforce the law and deport 5000000 illegals.

The problem with pushing the legal limits is what the next guy will do? And the next?

Executive Orders were never intended to implement LARGE policy changes... Moreso to manage national disasters and short term fixes. I don't want the next president legally abusing EOs like Obama is either.... If President Trump wants to order the IRS to not collect taxes on the wealthy then he should get a law passed to do so, not just go at it with EOs.
8/18/2015 8:52 AM
Posted by moy23 on 8/18/2015 8:52:00 AM (view original):

Bush used a controversial EO to restrict public access to presidential papers.... Obama uses them to 'manage' his healthcare initiative affecting millions of people and to tell immigration officers to not enforce the law and deport 5000000 illegals.

The problem with pushing the legal limits is what the next guy will do? And the next?

Executive Orders were never intended to implement LARGE policy changes... Moreso to manage national disasters and short term fixes. I don't want the next president legally abusing EOs like Obama is either.... If President Trump wants to order the IRS to not collect taxes on the wealthy then he should get a law passed to do so, not just go at it with EOs.
If Obama's EO's are illegal or unconstitutional, then they should be challenged.  But if they hold up to the challenge, then your ******** about it is just ******* in the wind.
8/18/2015 9:12 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 8/18/2015 7:26:00 AM (view original):
OBAMA IS ALWAYS ON VACATION!

YOUR HERO, REAGEN, TOOK MORE.

YEAH BUT OBAMA PLAYS GOLF, RONALD WAS AT THE RANCH RIDING HORSIES
LOL.  BBBBBBUT REAGAN.........
8/18/2015 9:17 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/18/2015 9:12:00 AM (view original):

If Obama's EO's are illegal or unconstitutional, then they should be challenged.  But if they hold up to the challenge, then your ******** about it is just ******* in the wind.
I didn't think I was ********.

I was suggesting the door is now open for President Trump to issue an executive order to have whole families deported thanks to Obama's precedent.
8/18/2015 9:44 AM
Posted by moy23 on 8/18/2015 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/18/2015 9:12:00 AM (view original):

I didn't think I was ********.

I was suggesting the door is now open for President Trump to issue an executive order to have whole families deported thanks to Obama's precedent.
Except I don't think an executive order can break the law.

Legally, American citizens cannot be deported.

8/18/2015 10:01 AM
Right.

All agencies are limited by budget, time, and manpower. It's perfectly fine for the president to say, "we only have the money to do X, not enough money to also do Y. So, for now, we won't do Y."

Deporting citizens is a completely different issue and in no way related to Obama's (or Bush's) executive orders.

I think it's weird that moy is in favor of deporting citizens. I get the argument behind deporting illegal immigrants, but there is no legal or rational argument for deporting citizens.
8/18/2015 10:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...58|59|60|61|62...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.