Cheez Takes Bret’s Money - 2011 edition Topic

not too bad--losing two categories automatically is really going to hurt my chances though
5/7/2007 9:23 AM
Well, all it really does is limits your benefit from Gordon's injury and Myers move to the bullpen. You should win the save and K categories easily now.
Barring injuries on my side, I think it's gonna be tough for you to win the sidebet though.
5/7/2007 9:26 AM
I agree, the whole cliff floyd thing still erks me
5/7/2007 9:28 AM
Heh, I think Utley would beat Murton out anyhow.
I think you're going to need Lee to out-homer Howard, or injuries from me. I've got the 2 default categories, and I don't see the steals or outfield assist categories turning around if Rollins/Victorino stay healthy.
5/7/2007 9:30 AM
You should make another sidebet concerning the Lee/Utley quest for the single season record for Doubles. They're tied for the league lead and each on pace to beat the previous record by about 30...
Granted, neither will probably keep it up, but considering the two teams they represent I think it might go hand-in-hand with your other bets.
5/7/2007 9:35 AM
$10 for who finishes with more, $20 if the guy sets the new record?
5/7/2007 9:36 AM
Interesting.
5/7/2007 9:37 AM
You could even let blackmink get in with Torii Hunter, who has 15.
Someone with a death wish might want Magglio Ordonez, because he's about due for an injury.
5/7/2007 9:39 AM
Heh. True story.
5/7/2007 9:40 AM
True fact or not: Magglio Ordonez will finish with more games missed due to injury than doubles?
5/7/2007 9:41 AM
bret, I was actually thinking that if I ever setup a bet like our sidebet again, I'd probably allow for a limited number of changes, say up to the all-star break, with the rule being that if you make a change, you get the production from your first guy up until the point where you announce the change, and then your new guy takes over from there.
So, if I were to switch Victorino into steals today, I wouldn't all of a sudden have 13 steals in that category, I'd have 8, and then however many Victorino steals from today on. Likewise if I swithed Myers to saves, I'd still have 5 from Gordon, and then however many Myers saves from today on.
It'd be harder to track, but I think more interesting. Having several categories decided by injury isn't much fun.
5/7/2007 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By r0b0t on 5/07/2007
True fact or not: Magglio Ordonez will finish with more games missed due to injury than doubles?
I'm going to say true fact, but who knows, really?
5/7/2007 9:44 AM
You going to do the Doubles bet?
5/7/2007 9:54 AM
Another 10 dollar sidebet would put an even 50 bucks on the line altogether.
You interested bret?
5/7/2007 10:15 AM
Sidebet 2 added.
bumped so bret can accept the bet in here for record keeping.
We don't need to add the extra ten bucks if the winner breaks the doubles record, unless you really want to bret.
5/8/2007 8:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...19 Next ▸
Cheez Takes Bret’s Money - 2011 edition Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.