Nice.  He's so fast he's under the covers before the light goes out.
4/10/2011 7:33 AM
Peter Kubinski had a two-day sore elbow, no "time of injury" line nor ratings loss.  I put him on the 60-day-- the NEXT DAY he gets an injury recovery, with +1 in a wide array of important categories.  I'm only running $13M in medical; I think we can safely say that you get the bug with relatively lower medical budgets, and that severity of initial injury is irrelevant.
4/13/2011 8:58 PM
It says injured for 143 days. 
4/13/2011 9:32 PM
I see injured for 89 days.
4/13/2011 10:08 PM
If you're not in his world, you'll see weird numbers.

I see -76 days.
4/13/2011 10:14 PM
Looks like they got it fixed right in time for my injured pitcher

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Carlos Domingo

Couldn't have happened to a better player.  A couple of points for that 2nd pitch would have been great.  If I was ever going to hope for a player to get bit by the medical bug and send him to the 60 day dl... this was the guy.

18 in medical the last two seasons.  No ratings boost.  At all. 
4/15/2011 5:11 PM
He's only been on the DL for one day.
4/15/2011 5:58 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Bill Turner Going to be very interesting whether or not I'll keep him on the DL.  He still has 53 days left and we are only 32 games into the season.  He was injured in the deciding game of the WS in S16, his 2nd straight year losing multiple points in the playoffs.  I should be able to win the division without him but I hate to have him miss a half season of stats...I'm very curious how much better he can become though.
4/16/2011 4:21 PM
Posted by jonas1102 on 3/24/2011 6:19:00 PM (view original):
I'll throw a test case out there too. 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Alfredo Balentien

Nobody minor league filler.  4 years in, so I wouldn't expect much growth if playing.  15M in medical.
I just threw him on the 60-day DL with 1 day left on his injury.
His latest line says Regular Season instead of Injury Recovery, even though he remains on the DL.  Is that normal, or has there been a change?
4/21/2011 6:45 PM
Ive only gotten one point from my previously mentioned pitcher, with 18 in medical.  Either my world doesnt apply for the bug, or this myth is busted. 
4/21/2011 10:23 PM
Nope.  Injured for a couple of days in ST with no ratings hits.    Career highs in several PHYSICAL categories(and contact) after about 10 days on the 60 day DL.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Greg Billingsley
4/22/2011 7:54 AM
a_ersberg, it has only been about 8 real life days since you first posted that injury - these injury cycles come up at most every 30 games or so, so I wouldn't have expected more than one bump so far.  The one bump you did get is consistent with what we have been seeing - if he stays on the DL for 60-80 more games, you'll see several more of those.
4/22/2011 4:24 PM (edited)
This guy is my best example by far:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jack Simmons

He got hurt late in s16 and is now 3+ points better than before the injury in several key categories - some physical, some skill.  He is +2 in control, +2 vsl, +3 vsr, +3 stam, +4 dur. 

4/22/2011 3:32 PM
For pitchers, it does seem to make more of an effect when he is injured the season prior to coming off the DL.  The two biggest gainers in my world were both late season injuries that saw dramatic injury recovery improvements the next season.  It's not just the physical attributes, either. 

For position players, all the recovery points seem to be in range and speed, from leg injuries, usually.  I have never seen dramatic improvement in splits or eye.
4/22/2011 3:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.