52M Rosters & Commentary v47 Topic

Posted by eleibowitz on 11/16/2014 9:59:00 PM (view original):
Lol scud. It could be surprising that I make it in the playoffs
actually, i'm having a little trouble assessing your squad and jhsukow's... both leave my head cloudy, therefore, euphoric sense of befuddlement. with steelers squad, i've learned, the only season of oscar's worth having is his 7.1m year... otherwise, his expensive seasons won't gyrate with lebron's. but as schultz use to say, "i know nothing!"
11/16/2014 11:13 PM
interesting differences in value ratios of certain players drafted between the odl and the 52.

frazier never slides too far in the 52... in the odl, i see him sometimes go in the 4th... and ray allen, no way can his 50 d hurt that much in the 52, but lately, it does. shaq should be more prized in the 52, but he isn't. shaq over moses 24-7. shaq over dwight. neither can htt a free throw, which tips the scales in shaq's favor. drob's stock rises by 2 slots in the 52. duncan and lucas are consistent late 1st rounders in both leagues, though lucas has been slipping considerably in the 52 due to deandre jordan rising, but jordan definately is mid-to-late 2nd round material in the odl. drummond lurking somewhere in the 2nd rounds of both leagues will also start having an effect on lucas's stock i think. other players with changing value ratios?
11/16/2014 11:58 PM
I mostly like my team, although it makes me nervous that I have nearly $7 mil left to fill 3,000 minutes.  These $52 mil drafts usually leave me wondering what I did wrong to have so much trouble spending my money as I fill out my roster.

Sabonis is a great backup for Walton, and I was surprised McMillan fell to me given how his stock has risen recently.  I'm light on 3s, but those aren't nearly as much a priority as they once were.  Boards are okay but not a strength...in rolling the dice on Alvin Robertson I shifted Kirilenko to SF and emphasized defense over rebounds.  That alone may be enough to keep me out of the big dance.  I could lead the league in both fouls and steals.

11/17/2014 9:43 AM
Think I'm probably in the playoffs with this team, but I thought the last team was pretty solid too. 
Need to get back on a roll!

Kareem
Camby/Sanders
Mase/Sanders
Manu/JR "Shoot it" Smith
Christie/not yet drafted...was going to be Tinsley until Vance destroyed that plan.

3 highest usage have efg of 54, 57.6, 57.8....on court for 45 min at two positions.  Asst% of 76 across the 5.  81.6 avg D- hopefully won't get lit up again.

11/17/2014 12:57 PM
I needed the assists and the 81 defense of Tinsley is really good late in the draft. Using Jordan's big season at PG will be fun to watch. He should get a few triple doubles.
11/17/2014 3:49 PM
16.THOMCAT
I like Ben Wallace, Jerry Lucas, from one particular season
and TMac the same. I don't think Jerry West is a good sim
player, and the rest of the team is so so. Final grade: C.
11/17/2014 3:55 PM
17.TARHEEL
I like Hakeem and Kevin Love except for his DEF.
I'm real interested to see if the combo of Frazier
and Brent Barry works together. Outlaw should
help to make up for Love's lack of DEF, and Batum
and Gatling, I don't know? Final Grade: C+
11/17/2014 4:04 PM
18. Scudmissle
Magic is great. Willis Reed is underrated in this
league. I like McHale, but not Gasol with him and
Reed. I like Pressey off the bench. McCray I'm not
sure about. Ryan Anderson provides 3's off the bench,
but I don't think you have enough with your starting 5.
Final Grade: C+.
11/17/2014 4:23 PM
52 efg 83 def avg and 1656 fouls for my seven players
11/17/2014 6:16 PM
Not that he will make much difference to me but Amare has really fallen this draft. Almost undrafted? I guess because dh didn't take him this time! I was very tempted to take his 99% SF season and swing him 3-4 behind Spoon and Malone but I will settle for his 8 min season behind Malone. 
11/17/2014 9:28 PM
Didn't tmac go undrafted recently? I thought I saw that in one one the old forums.
11/17/2014 9:30 PM
I don't remember that. I recall Mau Cheeks not getting drafted a few seasons back. That was a pretty big miss there. I think A.C. Green went undrafted at one point too. 

T-Mac gained popularity after getting paired with Wilt a couple times I think. 
11/17/2014 9:45 PM
From what I can see Amare's lowest minutes per game is about 24 and not 8. Its 1948 minutes in total. 
11/17/2014 10:11 PM
Nope. He's pretty bad defensively but 8 mins of decent boards and a nice offensive backup for Karl
11/17/2014 10:15 PM
19,720 minutes with $5,400 to spare.
11/18/2014 12:01 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
52M Rosters & Commentary v47 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.