DH $52M XLIX Rosters and Comment Topic

Posted by hoopsdude on 4/13/2015 12:49:00 AM (view original):
Since maglor appears to be currently unavailable, would anybody else like to critique my team?

PG: Darrell Armstrong
SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Charles Barkley
PF: Shawn Kemp
C: Tom Boerwinkle

Yes, I already know I have a lot of fouls (I plan on incorporating the word "hack" into my team name somehow), and probably have higher turnovers than is healthy in this league, but any other likes/dislikes?
i kinda hate it when 100 d guys get stuck on 1 position like you have here...yea i guess he could guard sfs, but that drops his 100 d into the 80s...and yea you could have boerwinkle guard pfs, but that drops his already average d of 62 into the below average defense range somewhere in the 50s

i dont like the armstrong pick at all...turnovers were already a weakness..why pile on with a guy whos not really worth the tos?...you were already way ahead on ast% with that frontcourt...you didnt need to reach for armstrongs 31% ast...c ward was a better option if you were looking for defense

i do like that kemp/barkley combo at the forward spots tho on offense...gonna give a lot of teams trouble

4/14/2015 8:15 PM
We shall see.  Gallatin's 108+ should mean SOMETHING.  Everyone LOVES Camby in this league and all the other draft leagues.  His most viable year, his FG%+ is 104, and only a 9 OReb (compared to Gallatins 13.3).  Tom Boerwinkle, who always gets picked in the 3rd or 4th round, has a FG%+ of the same 108. with similar rebounding #'s.  WIS HAS TO figure that in when comparing era's I'm betting.  You may be right, but I will be willing to bet that Gallatin ends up with a FG% closer to 50% than 40%. If I'm right though, watch more owners start drafting Gallatin.  

I'm more concerned about Johnson killing me offensively than Gallatin actually, but I felt I needed that D coming off the bench or against certain matchups.  Hey, when you have ZERO frontcourt players thru the first five rounds, you have to take some chances.  At least I have got three 11+ Oreb'ers, which should result in plenty of 2nd chance pts.  I had Gallatin in mind when I made that trade with maglor.  Knew I could get him in the 6th.  If it pays off, I make the playoffs.  If it doesn't and y'all are right, it's gonna be a long year.

I have another similar strategy for the upcoming ODL that could backfire or be golden.  
4/14/2015 8:45 PM
there goes one guy i was talking about...gadzuric has the same d, slightly less dreb, but more oreb and much better efg
4/14/2015 8:51 PM
Going to be interesting to see how much Gallatin hurts the otherwise sexy Paul/Pippen/Dr. J team come division draft time. That efg will sting. Trust me, I put Elvin Hayes on a LeBron/ Barkley team. Didn't go well.
4/14/2015 8:51 PM
Posted by amerk1180 on 4/14/2015 8:45:00 PM (view original):
We shall see.  Gallatin's 108+ should mean SOMETHING.  Everyone LOVES Camby in this league and all the other draft leagues.  His most viable year, his FG%+ is 104, and only a 9 OReb (compared to Gallatins 13.3).  Tom Boerwinkle, who always gets picked in the 3rd or 4th round, has a FG%+ of the same 108. with similar rebounding #'s.  WIS HAS TO figure that in when comparing era's I'm betting.  You may be right, but I will be willing to bet that Gallatin ends up with a FG% closer to 50% than 40%. If I'm right though, watch more owners start drafting Gallatin.  

I'm more concerned about Johnson killing me offensively than Gallatin actually, but I felt I needed that D coming off the bench or against certain matchups.  Hey, when you have ZERO frontcourt players thru the first five rounds, you have to take some chances.  At least I have got three 11+ Oreb'ers, which should result in plenty of 2nd chance pts.  I had Gallatin in mind when I made that trade with maglor.  Knew I could get him in the 6th.  If it pays off, I make the playoffs.  If it doesn't and y'all are right, it's gonna be a long year.

I have another similar strategy for the upcoming ODL that could backfire or be golden.  
That's the truth though; you need to take chances when you are active in the trade market. 

...I also have some ideas for the ODL. ( they usually get me in trouble)
4/14/2015 8:54 PM
Posted by scudmissle on 4/14/2015 3:51:00 PM (view original):
I'm not using the 3000 min unseld... using the 56%fg one with 5 dimes paired with the 4.1m bogut (28%dreb 10%oreb). anyway, evals are fun but rarely insightful.
Interesting. I usually shy away from that one due to several reasons, including that it has slightly higher TO and foul rate.
4/14/2015 9:11 PM
Thank God that the Paul/Pippen/Dr J team has Gus Johnson and Harry Gallatin to ruin the mojo. I understand that the defensive ratings of most of the remaining low usage big men was a concern. But the defensive rebounding ratings are so strong between the 3 superstars that average rebounding for the bigs would have been fine. Plus, the usage is a bit high at about 116 and when you consider that only Dr J has an EFG% higher than 53.1 that's a problem. But that all being said it sure will be a fun team to watch via the boxscores.
4/15/2015 1:42 AM
Yeah vance, I kinda did the same thing last season with Durant and T-mac, then Reb monsters Drummond and Daniels along with Tarpley in the frontcourt.  Struggled much of the year, but made the playoffs and finished in the top eight.  I like CP2, Pip and Dr J better than KD, T-mac and Johnny Moore.  Believe it or not, I like Gallatin, Muresan and Gus as much or more than my previous three frontcourt guys.  Should equate to a better team.  

The difference with Elvin and Gallatin is that Elvin's BEST shooting season of his top six, his FG%+ is only 100.  Gallatin's is 108.  Elvin's best % ever (76-77), his FG%+ is the same as Gallatin's at 108.  You guys are all looking at eFG, but the FG%+ is what SHOULD BE evening out players over different era's.  Gallatin shooting 40.4% in the 50's is equivalent to someone shooting probably about 48 or 49, maybe even 50 or 51% in todays game.  Tgats why I think he will NOT be an albatross to me.  

I honestly hope I am right but no one notices.  If I make the playoffs and make a long run, please credit CP3, Dr J and Pip.  I want to keep Gallatin a secret to myself lol.
4/15/2015 2:53 AM
    Name Team Pos Usage% 2pt%# 3pt%# eFG% OReb% DReb% Ast% Stl% Blk%       D
    Bill Russell 68-69 Celtics C 11.4 43.8 0.0 43.3 11.5 26.1 12.6 1.2 3.3               90
    Amare Stoudemire 07-08 Suns C 28.7 59.9 16.0 59.2 7.8 20.1 5.2 1.0 3.3               55
    Kevin McHale 86-87 Celtics PF 24.1 60.3 0.0 60.4 9.4 16.6 7.0 0.5 3.0               90
    Micheal Ray Richardson 79-80 Knicks SG 19.7 49.6 25.6 48.5 5.0 13.3 28.3 3.4 0.6               90
    Walt Frazier 71-72 Knicks PG 22.7 53.8 34.5 53.4 4.5 11.1 16.1 1.5 0.5               90
    Danny Green 13-14 Spurs SG 16.7 45.7 41.3 56.2 1.7 12.6 7.5 1.8 2.1               89
    Charlie Edge 73-74 Tams SF 17.7 50.1 0.0 50.0 12.8 20.4 4.2 1.3 1.9               85

Ongoing debate about the version of Russell and not totally settled.  As of now, going all in on D which means sacrificing some rebounding from Russell to get that only (sadly) 90 D season. Staying with the D theme, Edge picks up Russell on some of offensive boards and the backcourt also gives some rebounding support. This version of Russell gives me the cap room for unnamed players 8 and 9 coming off the bench for more offensive pop and rebounding to edge me closer to the big bounding Bill' s numbers. Deep Defense, high efficiency, nice usage and enough rebounding  have me thinking some crazy thoughts. Then again Micheal Ray's TOs, a lack of 3's and maybe not getting to the line enough sober me out some. I'm thinking playoffs, maybe 2nd round.  

4/15/2015 11:18 PM (edited)
Evals??
4/17/2015 10:21 AM
I just realized that my SG/SF backup is over $4M and therefore against the rules. Back to the drawing board.
4/17/2015 2:10 PM
Posted by slymonium on 4/17/2015 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Evals??
Still working. This week has been really tough on me.
4/17/2015 3:08 PM
Eval finally done. I admit it is lacking in many ways. Sorry to keep all of you waiting.
4/21/2015 10:06 AM
Nice job maglor, those are tough especially the later rounds. Of course you have my team an F which is hilarious. Sure I won't win the title but I will make the playoffs, or worst case be a 41 win medicority. I'd give myself a C+/B-.
You can rub this in my face if I am wrong.

Most fascinating team: Eleib and his triple SF alignment next to Wade. Could see anything from 30 to 50 wins depending on how the rebounding shakes out.
4/21/2015 10:25 AM
Nice work maglor.  Evals are tough.  Winning the title is almost punishment.  Thanks for getting them done and continuing the tradition.  I was amused at the grading for banditone- grade for the team and grade for his draft :)
4/21/2015 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
DH $52M XLIX Rosters and Comment Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.