RIP Jose Fernandez, the cokehead Topic

Are you off your meds today, mike?
9/26/2016 9:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 9:31:00 PM (view original):
"I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball,"

This would not be a jab at anyone:
I understand if someone can't relate, but, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend, it definitely hits hard."

Surely you're not as dense at jtpops.

And, BTW, haven't you posted pics of dead bodies? Your morals lesson isn't required. Thanks.

I think that may have been under his jrd_x ID.
9/26/2016 10:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 9:16:00 PM (view original):
These are your words, right? "I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend definitely hits hard."

I don't relate and it doesn't hit me hard. Therefore, according to you, I must not be a fan of baseball.

Your post was in a public forum. It addresses everyone who can read it, you stupid bastard.
Let's try the approach you use with BL. Answer a simple question:

"I understand if someone outside the game can't relate"

"Anyone who can't relate must be outside the game"

Are these two statements the same? I'll wait here.
9/26/2016 11:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/26/2016 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Are you off your meds today, mike?
Mike's what's known in the English language as a hypocrite.

Everything he accuses you and others of when it comes to debate tactics are things he perfected long before any of us got here. He constantly accuses others of twisting statements to fit their meaning and that's all he ever does.

Basically what he's now saying is "If some A's are also B's, then all B's must be A's!!!!"

Which, anyone with half a brain knows is flawed logic.
9/26/2016 11:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/26/2016 9:44:00 PM (view original):
"I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball,"

I understand if someone can't relate, but, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend, it definitely hits hard."

And, BTW, haven't you posted pics of dead bodies? Your morals lesson isn't required. Thanks.

What? I've never posted pics of dead bodies.
Don't be a liar. Treyvon Martin.
9/27/2016 7:00 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 9/26/2016 11:28:00 PM (view original):
These are your words, right? "I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend definitely hits hard."

I don't relate and it doesn't hit me hard. Therefore, according to you, I must not be a fan of baseball.

Your post was in a public forum. It addresses everyone who can read it, you stupid bastard.

OK, retard, why add "as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball" if is wasn't meant to exclude?

As I said, edso stated that people on this board love to immediately dismiss other opinions by making statements like "You just don't understand ADVANCED METRICS." That way, anything thing you state about WAR is invalid because you just don't understand it.
9/27/2016 7:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 7:53:00 PM (view original):
LOL. That's the sort of post edso said so many were fond of making on his board.

"I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, which you are obviously not if you can't relate,

and a fan of professional baseball, which you are obviously not if you can't relate,

seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend definitely hits hard."

If one of MY teammates meets an untimely, unexpected end, I might be bawling my eyes out. You know who wasn't my teammate? Fernandez.
I'm older than you so I've been a fan of baseball longer than you. And it's not just professional baseball for me. But I had no in depth conversations with Fernandez about baseball, or anything, so, no matter how big of a baseball fan I am, he's just a guy in a jersey throwing a baseball for my entertainment. There is no personal connection.

Relating to Munson's death as tec mentioned earlier, I was 16. I came home from school and my mother said "Some guy on the Yankees died. Crashed his plane." I'd been a Yankees fan for 10 years. Munson was somewhat of a big deal. But you know what I thought? "Why the **** is he flying a plane during the season? Take some BP." He was just a guy on my team who, quite frankly, would have said "Who? Never heard of him" if informed of my untimely death.
Munson died on August 2. You were in school on August 2?
9/27/2016 8:00 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
My family was gathered around the Christmas tree. I had just opened a gift when word came in about Munson.

To this day I get choked up when I see Rock em Sock em robots.
9/27/2016 9:00 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 7:04:00 AM (view original):

OK, retard, why add "as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball" if is wasn't meant to exclude?

As I said, edso stated that people on this board love to immediately dismiss other opinions by making statements like "You just don't understand ADVANCED METRICS." That way, anything thing you state about WAR is invalid because you just don't understand it.
Nice theory, but in actuality, everyone on here can see that your massive ego couldn't let a post go by without thinking it was all about you. Maybe if you had a life outside this site, you wouldn't take things so personally on here. I'm not sure when you became such a *****. I know the 'roids shrank your tiny nuts away, but at least borrow a pair and man up a bit. Your insecurity is painful to watch at times.
9/27/2016 9:16 AM
Don't make fun of Mike's tiny nuts.

9/27/2016 9:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 7:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/26/2016 9:44:00 PM (view original):

What? I've never posted pics of dead bodies.
Don't be a liar. Treyvon Martin.
I never posted a pic of Martin's dead body.
9/27/2016 9:23 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 9/27/2016 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2016 7:04:00 AM (view original):

Nice theory, but in actuality, everyone on here can see that your massive ego couldn't let a post go by without thinking it was all about you. Maybe if you had a life outside this site, you wouldn't take things so personally on here. I'm not sure when you became such a *****. I know the 'roids shrank your tiny nuts away, but at least borrow a pair and man up a bit. Your insecurity is painful to watch at times.
Answer the very simple question, retard. More than one person has said "Yeah, I don't care" so it's not all about me. Although, in truth, I'm almost positive you can't wait to take a shot at me any time you can. I think it's because of ***** envy but the cause isn't important. It's just something you do. Unfortunately, because you're stupid as ****, I can't even engage you in a moment of funny repartee as you don't understand big words.

So I ask you simple questions. Which, obviously, you can't answer.
9/27/2016 9:25 AM
Do you think I'm BL? Do I look like I'm going to play the monkey and dance for you?

And for one who asks simple questions, you sure can't answer them. I'm still waiting on you to answer mine from above. I won't hold my breath though, because you're probably too retarded to know those statements aren't the same.
9/27/2016 9:35 AM
9/27/2016 9:39 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸
RIP Jose Fernandez, the cokehead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.