Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
I have not. I was hoping for a groundswell of support to point to but people are busy with other complaining, errrr, issues.

But that's one reason I don't want to get derailed. 12 pages of BS is not something to point at and say "SEE??? People want this!!!!"

I left spud's on topic "stupid idea" opinion. Because it's on topic and fair.
Add a poll to your first post.

1. Let new coaches join during job period and recruit in Session 2
2. Leave as is
3/15/2017 4:56 PM
I support this idea too.
3/15/2017 4:57 PM
So I didn't read the entire thread because we're on page 7 and a lot of this is bullshit. But I agree with mike's general sentiment. The first season with a new team sucks. You can't cut anyone. You can't recruit any players for that season.

You can spend a little time game planning but it's not like you can install a new offense or defense and experiment because it takes an entire season to teach college players to run a system semi-competently. (Which is an entirely different complaint. My son's basketball team is a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds. They learned the 3-2 zone and full court press defenses in about two weeks practicing twice a week).

Basically, all the "playing" you get to do is adjusting the depth chart and offensive distribution. Who-hoo. Let me buy another ticket for that ride.

Oh, and scouting. Which is great. Except you're so ready to get to actually do something that you blow through your scouting budget in eight minutes.
3/15/2017 5:07 PM
Yep about scouting. I think most of us do much better in our second tie around.
3/15/2017 5:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Yep about scouting. I think most of us do much better in our second tie around.
Glad to see you're coming around to my way of thinking.
3/15/2017 9:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Move along. Stay stupidly on topic or find another troll hole.
spud.....this.

If you want to fight with benis about another topic, do it elsewhere. You will not fill this thread with pages of nonsense.
Did you even take 5 seconds to read that post? It was EXACTLY the topic of this thread (which may be the reason Bevis brought it in, eh?), WIS will restore the post, and someone *coughMikecough* will have egg on their face. Please, get your sh/t together and don't have a breakdown like onlyis had some months ago. Unlike him, sometimes you contribute something useful.
3/15/2017 9:40 PM (edited)
Egg? Not likely. When its restored 5 days from now no one will notice and have moved on to something else.
3/15/2017 9:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I feel like if everyone in this thread comes to an agreement excluding Spud it should automatically be implemented due to never having happened in the wis forums especially for a 7 page thread lol

3/15/2017 10:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2017 10:33:00 PM (view original):
On topic, spud. Or somewhere else. It's not that difficult to understand.
It was. It'll be restored.
3/16/2017 2:17 AM
Well it looks like he managed to make sure to log onto his trolling account this time at least.

Baby steps spud. baby steps
3/16/2017 2:45 AM
painful reading threads that get personal rather than substantive
3/16/2017 5:00 AM
Don't they all get that way eventually?
3/16/2017 6:39 AM
lately too many do so - not all - too many
3/16/2017 7:21 AM
3 pages. Unfortunately, ward derailed this one early. Somehow, we got back on track then spud showed up.
3/16/2017 8:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.